S&S88

Need help writing to congress person to inquire about AP status

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi i just need little advise how to write to the congressman.should i wait little more or should i get help from my senator.My husband and i been waiting for 4month but still no news when we going to get the visa.end of this month it going to be 5month should i wait till it going to be 5 month or should i just go ahead and get help from them? Because when my husband went for the interview they told him everything is fine and they don't need anything else. they also told him it should take 2-3month but we still didn't hear anything from them so it going to be 5month in Ap. i need help what should i do? do we have to go in there office or can i just call them tell them everything?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

the noamal time is 5 months, the congrassman office will tell you cantact us after 6 months.if you call the 1=800 number they will say call back in 30 days, you can try making infopass appointment,it's better to wait after 6 months to start to worry.

Congress people really can't do anything except ask the same questions as you. The only difference is that it will be answered right away. If you are due to come out of AP anyway, the congressman will gladly take credit for it, even though he made no difference.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

your file will be flagged that a congressional inquiry has been made. The fbi goals are to compete name checks in 120 days. I would walk into senator ofdice and ask for help.

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

We contacted our congressman after we hit 5 months... we are still in AP... unfortunately out of all embassies AP in ISlamabad is truly the longest on a consistent basis. I would go ahead and contact a congressman or senator but whoever is your representative please do research to be sure they will be true to your case. Some of them simply do not care... I called one who didnt want to know anything just wanted me to sign on the dotted line didnt care about what we went thru. So needless to say i researched another one and found one that was pro immigration the right way, wanting to stop the illegal immigration and fraud and simply wants to reunite families.

I called my representative and spoke with him, he wanted to know our story, wanted to know more about our case, wanted to know what was said during the interview adn after and what the 221g required and while he didnt tell me sugar coated things he clearly told me how AP works and how background checks work and that those individuals from pakistan do undergo more checking and scrutiny on a consistent basis than those beneficiaries at other embassies and that it would be best to make inquiries about every 6-8 weeks so that our case isn't put aside each time to answer his email...

They have been contacted twice by him and will be in another week or so.. so far he has gotten a little more information for us.. we have been told our case is fine and that we are in normal processing.. even tho that's all they said it was a lot more info than DOS has told us..

You will be asked to sign a form and either fax, mail or scan back to them for authorization to contact the embassy on your behalf...

Good luck and remb find one of your reps that will do the best job for you!

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

administrative-processing

I called today to embassy I speak to lady and she told me that she make an email to head offices and ask them that how long my case gonnna take thats what she told me on phone and she said call back after 3 days .... I dont know what gonna happen next please Allah Help me ... I hate ap .... I pray for everyone on AP PLEASE PLEASE PRAY FOR ME

Timeline

the noamal time is 5 months, the congrassman office will tell you cantact us after 6 months.if you call the 1=800 number they will say call back in 30 days, you can try making infopass appointment,it's better to wait after 6 months to start to worry.

i don't think u understand what im saying. we all ready had our interview last year in September 2011.we been in administer process since than.But thank you for the information.

Timeline

Congress people really can't do anything except ask the same questions as you. The only difference is that it will be answered right away. If you are due to come out of AP anyway, the congressman will gladly take credit for it, even though he made no difference.

Well i know that they cant do anything about but when ever i call the Dos they tell me the same answer.i cant get hold of the embassy and i try send email to embassy they dont even reply back.i just want to know what going on why it taking them so long to make the decision on our case that why i want to get help from the congress.But thank you for reply to my post.

Timeline

your file will be flagged that a congressional inquiry has been made. The fbi goals are to compete name checks in 120 days. I would walk into senator ofdice and ask for help.

Thank you for reply to my post.i call them they just told me to fill the form and send to us.if we need anything else they will call me.

Timeline

We contacted our congressman after we hit 5 months... we are still in AP... unfortunately out of all embassies AP in ISlamabad is truly the longest on a consistent basis. I would go ahead and contact a congressman or senator but whoever is your representative please do research to be sure they will be true to your case. Some of them simply do not care... I called one who didnt want to know anything just wanted me to sign on the dotted line didnt care about what we went thru. So needless to say i researched another one and found one that was pro immigration the right way, wanting to stop the illegal immigration and fraud and simply wants to reunite families.

I called my representative and spoke with him, he wanted to know our story, wanted to know more about our case, wanted to know what was said during the interview adn after and what the 221g required and while he didnt tell me sugar coated things he clearly told me how AP works and how background checks work and that those individuals from pakistan do undergo more checking and scrutiny on a consistent basis than those beneficiaries at other embassies and that it would be best to make inquiries about every 6-8 weeks so that our case isn't put aside each time to answer his email...

They have been contacted twice by him and will be in another week or so.. so far he has gotten a little more information for us.. we have been told our case is fine and that we are in normal processing.. even tho that's all they said it was a lot more info than DOS has told us..

You will be asked to sign a form and either fax, mail or scan back to them for authorization to contact the embassy on your behalf...

Good luck and remb find one of your reps that will do the best job for you!

Thank you for the information.yes im going to get help from the senator and i just call them they told me to just send them the form i will going to send that in and see what going on why they taking so long to give him the visa. if u don't mind i need little help filling the form. i wish u good luck that your husband get visa soon.

Timeline

administrative-processing

I called today to embassy I speak to lady and she told me that she make an email to head offices and ask them that how long my case gonnna take thats what she told me on phone and she said call back after 3 days .... I dont know what gonna happen next please Allah Help me ... I hate ap .... I pray for everyone on AP PLEASE PLEASE PRAY FOR ME

Good luck i wish you get your visa soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.