awsome ali

Didnt met my fiancee in the last two years

110 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

From his posts, I believe that they have already applied. All they can do now is wait for the decision.

K1 Visa

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 2011-09-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-09-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-01-18

NVC Received : 2012-02-02

NVC Left : 2012-02-06

Consulate Received: 2012-02-07

Packet 3 Received : 2012-02-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-02-27

Packet 4 Received : 2012-03-02

Interview Date : 2012-03-27

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2012-04-06

US Entry : 2012-04-29

Marriage : 2012-05-24

Comments : Happily married! :)

I-129f was approved in 113 days from your NOA1 date.

Interview took 182 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

You will have to me, and it does't have to be in your country, you can chose another location that is safer for her and reachable for you.

That is very true cos me and my husband met in Egypt cos I was afraid to go to Nigeria because of the high crime rate there.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I like the idea of a mutual meeting country too meet the requirements.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

That is very true cos me and my husband met in Egypt cos I was afraid to go to Nigeria because of the high crime rate there.

wow! there are 36 states & I'm curious to know how you came about this info? It's means you never got to know the people or culture you were marrying into and this would surely play against you at the embassy ...i wish you luck

Edited by S_R

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

I suggest people stop giving false hopes to others because of some obscure boiler plate language in the law which exists mainly to respect some obscure religion that may exist.

Now Gary, was that comment directed at me? such hostility, .........really?

I thought we were friends after I donated that kidney to you last Fall?

and what about that time that Alla kicked you out of the house for arriving after curfew? Who was it that gave you a place to crash for the night, ehhhh? If it wasn't for me you could have spent the night in the South Hero woman's shelter.

oh well, thats gratitude for you.... If you want to play that way your now officially "off" my Christmas card list, and I also want my table saw back that you borrowed last year. jeeeeesh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

wow! there are 36 states & I'm curious to know how you came about this info? It's means you never got to know the people or culture you were marrying into...i wish you luck

No thats not true by the time we married which was the following year, I knew the culture very well, as a matter of fact we were married in Nigeria. Check out our photos. Once I met him I knew I would be safe there. And his family reassured my safety.

Just got love it when people just keep posting the same advice over and over. make me wonder if anyone actually READS what has already been posted first :bonk:

Here, I will post mine again so we can have three REDUNDANT posts:

Not going to happen!

Unless there is some type of waiver granted that you two can't meet for cultural or religious reasons (arranged marriage) your out of luck.

Thank you for saying that..makes me wonder if some don't know the answer but read what most have replied and just go along with it to sound like they know what they are talking about...drives me NUTS!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't understand how anyone could get approved for anything when they haven't met in person, me and my Husband visited each other all the time, although at the interview *interrogation* it still didn't feel like enough. They ask for proof of everything. Phone calls, emails, photos TOGETHER etc..

Why can't she come to the USA? Or meet up in England... (We let anyone in)... Plus you could both take a trip to the London American Embassy, the fabulous folks there will give you all the advise you need :)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-01

Request for further information : 2009-09-11

Information received and processing continues : 2009-09-18

Touch : 2009-09-21

Touch : 2009-09-24

Touch : 2009-09-25

Approved : 2009-09-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-29 Hard copy recieved =)

just give me an idea that is it possible AS IN OUR CASE we met online, and then filed the case, never met ion person .she was not willing to come to pakistan and i just kept it on apropriate method insted aplying for a visit first and then K1 NS SO ON

Even though you were online and havent met..you filed already and are screwed already.

Currently somewhere in USA now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Suggest you some third country to meet in if she won't come to Pakistan. None of the reasons you provided will suffice for a waiver of meeting. Islam does not forbid meeting in person prior to marriage, it only requires a chaperone for the meeting.

As to you receiving a visitor's visa to the US, sorry to say chances are very slim. A young male from a Muslim country, especially one who has already show immigrant intent, will most likely be denied.

Start picking out a third country in which to meet and be prepared with a camera to take lots of pictures and save all the boarding passes, receipts, etc.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

:pop:

:rofl:

“The moon is at her full, and riding high, floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky are all asleep tonight.” ~William C. Bryant

Click HERE for our complete K-1 visa journey timeline.

Happily Married: December 1, 2012

AOS Journey:
Filing Date: 4/15/2013

NOA1: 4/23/2013

Received RFE: 5/13/2013 (We forgot to include proof of citizenship of co-sponsor)

Mailed our response to the RFE: 5/15/2013 (We sent the co-sponsor's U.S. birth certificate)

Biometrics Appointment: 5/20/13

EAD: arrived 6/24/13

AOS: APPROVED! No interview! Approval (NOA-1 letter)Date: 9/24/2013

2 year conditional green card received 09/2013.

10 year permanent residency approved 2016.

<3 Baby girl born February 2015 <3

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

From his posts, I believe that they have already applied. All they can do now is wait for the decision.

They could withdraw the petition go to visit tomorrow and refile when she gets back.

I don't understand how anyone could get approved for anything when they haven't met in person, me and my Husband visited each other all the time, although at the interview *interrogation* it still didn't feel like enough. They ask for proof of everything. Phone calls, emails, photos TOGETHER etc..

Why can't she come to the USA? Or meet up in England... (We let anyone in)... Plus you could both take a trip to the London American Embassy, the fabulous folks there will give you all the advise you need :)

They can meet anywhere. England does not "let anyone in". Try getting a tourist visa if you are from the FSU

Now Gary, was that comment directed at me? such hostility, .........really?

I thought we were friends after I donated that kidney to you last Fall?

and what about that time that Alla kicked you out of the house for arriving after curfew? Who was it that gave you a place to crash for the night, ehhhh? If it wasn't for me you could have spent the night in the South Hero woman's shelter.

oh well, thats gratitude for you.... If you want to play that way your now officially "off" my Christmas card list, and I also want my table saw back that you borrowed last year. jeeeeesh

Why would you think it was directed to you?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
:pop::hehe::pop:

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Inshallah You will be okay.. Just Include as much evidence as you can to prove that it is not permitted in our religion and culture to see each other before marriage. Get an official letter from a religious leader explaining why you can not meet. (it is forbidden in Islam, but you have to show them that.) It may b tough, but dont give up. dont let anyone discourage you. you have to fight ur case.

Yes, then add in the explanation how you will not see her before the wedding after you arrive in the USA, like how will you get the marriage license? Oops.

Encouraging them to try will extend the process and increase costs. Why?

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

:pop::hehe::pop:

I'm sorry but the popcorn smileys always have me LMBO!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by Sapphire~*~Moon

“The moon is at her full, and riding high, floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky are all asleep tonight.” ~William C. Bryant

Click HERE for our complete K-1 visa journey timeline.

Happily Married: December 1, 2012

AOS Journey:
Filing Date: 4/15/2013

NOA1: 4/23/2013

Received RFE: 5/13/2013 (We forgot to include proof of citizenship of co-sponsor)

Mailed our response to the RFE: 5/15/2013 (We sent the co-sponsor's U.S. birth certificate)

Biometrics Appointment: 5/20/13

EAD: arrived 6/24/13

AOS: APPROVED! No interview! Approval (NOA-1 letter)Date: 9/24/2013

2 year conditional green card received 09/2013.

10 year permanent residency approved 2016.

<3 Baby girl born February 2015 <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.