inyong

K2 visa

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all VJ's. I was recently granted my K1 visa (9/1 /2011) #___, I traveled to the US with my fiance on 9/14 /2011 and we were married on October 29, 2011. I have applied for my AOS and have been granted my EAD on 01/26 /2012.

I wish to bring my 15 yr old son to the US with a K2 visa he is currently in the Philippines. He currently is living with my brother he stayed in the Philippines to complete his schooling. When going to Manila for the medical and interview he will be staying with his sister who is 23 yrs of age in Manila. She will assist him with transportation and living quarters.

What is the procedure to accomplish this ?

What documentation is required ?

Thanks in advance guys for any info.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is basically the same process, with the exception of not needing to produce the documents not needed for a child.

Here

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from AOS to K1 forum as K2 is a derrivative of that *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

If you have children on K2 visa who obtained the conditional permanent resident status at the same time as you, you may then include your children in the application. If your children obtained the conditional permanent residence card after you or after your status was adjusted, then they must file a separate application to remove the conditions on their green card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If you have children on K2 visa who obtained the conditional permanent resident status at the same time as you, you may then include your children in the application. If your children obtained the conditional permanent residence card after you or after your status was adjusted, then they must file a separate application to remove the conditions on their green card.

Not correct. A K-2s status is derivitve of the K-1s. If a K-1 comes and 10 months later the K-2 comes (as in our case) the K-2 is still eligible to remove conditions when the K-1 is, as in our case.

If, for example, a person comes on a K-1, adjusts status and removes conditions and then petitions a child under the age of 21 (CR-2) that child will receive a 10 year green card immediately as the child's status is the same as the parent's status. If the child came with the parent, either K-2 or CR-2 the child would receive a 2 year green card and have to renew it (lift conditions) after two years.

Children always follow the status of the adult UNLESS they are over age 18 and it involves citizenship. Our older son (age 20) did not receive citizenship with Alla because he was over age 18. Our younger son (age 16) DID receive citizenship with Alla.

The OP should include the child in her petition (I-751) to remove conditions when it is her time to do so

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.