jaycali

Processing times update?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

According to the USCIS website, they update their processing time charts on the 15th of every month. The last update was November 30th... What's going on with the updates for December, January and February?

This is really frustrating, because their trend charts are especially helpful in getting an idea of how backlogged they are, or whether they might be speeding things up.. But so far.. Nothing..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It is not reliable, better to use the averages on VJ.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

According to the USCIS website, they update their processing time charts on the 15th of every month. The last update was November 30th... What's going on with the updates for December, January and February?

This is really frustrating, because their trend charts are especially helpful in getting an idea of how backlogged they are, or whether they might be speeding things up.. But so far.. Nothing..

CSC is currently processing July of 2011, this is for I-130 (spouse of USC)

I-130 (Spouse of USC)

USCIS Stage

July 11 2011: Mailed from APO, AP address

July 16 2011: Delivered in Chicago Lock Box Facility

July 18 2011: Received notification via email with the receipt number NOA 1

July 25 2011: Received NOA1 (hard copy)

August 1 2011: Touched

February 16 2012: Approved!!!! (Received E-Mail from USCIS) NOA 2

It took 213 days before we got our NOA 2

NVC Stage

February 24 2012: NVC received the documents from USCIS

February 24 2012: Sent an email to NVC regarding DS 3032 (Assign an Agent)

February 27 2012: Case number assigned by National Visa Center

February 28 2012: Received an email from NVC telling me that they already received my DS 3032 (Assign an Agent) Now waiting for IIN

February 28 2012: Called NVC and I got my Invoice ID number, they told me to wait for the email before I can pay for it

February 29 2012: Received I-864/DS230 Invoice via E-Mail

February 29 2012: Paid I-864/IN PROCESS

February 29 2012: I-864 mailed from APO address (overseas)

March 1 2012: I-864 showing as PAID on the website

March 5 2012: I-864 Delivered at NVC (Portsmouth, NH)

March 8 2012: I-864 Approved!

April 8 2012: Sent DS 230

April 13 2012: Paid IV Bill (IN PROCESS)/NVC Received DS 230

April 17 2012: IV Bill showing as Paid on the website

May 3 2012: Case Completed (Interview date scheduled for 8th June 2012)

June 8 2012: Interview APPROVED!

CSC is currently processing July of 2011, this is for I-130 (spouse of USC)

Yes, but their processing chart updates usually also show new receipts and how many applications are processed each month. It gives a sense of where they're going. During the summer and fall they were actually receiving more new petitions every month than they managed to finish.. That's why they're backlogged. This lasted til at least November, but since then they haven't updated anything. I'm curious to see how many petitions they processed in December, January and February, compared to the number of new receipts those months.. That would give an idea of whether 2012 filers can expect 4 months or 7 months....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

They apparently do post an update every month; however, they sometimes update it with old data. Note the updated 'Posted' time versus the "as of" dates.

So, for both VSC and CSC it currently list "Posted: January 25, 2012" and then the content is "as of: November 30, 2011".

Thanks and Enjoy,

Erik

They do update the data monthly but the data is two months behind. The data for December 2011 should be released this week.

Of course, it would be nice if the data was up-to-date month by month but if they are already so slow at processing petitions application, I am not surprised they are slow at updating their statistics as well..

They do update the data monthly but the data is two months behind. The data for December 2011 should be released this week.Of course, it would be nice if the data was up-to-date month by month but if they are already so slow at processing petitions application, I am not surprised they are slow at updating their statistics as well..

Makes sense. Thanks, late or not, I find even those old November updates extremely helpful :)

It is not reliable, better to use the averages on VJ.

Don't the averages on VJ include expedite requests? If they do that would bring the average time down considerably to an unrealistic level for those of us who didn't use ER, right?

USCIS - CSC/LOCAL OFFICE DC

12/5/11: NOA1

4/25/12: Case Transferred to Local Office (DC) for "Additional Processing"

4/27/12: Case Received at Local Office

5/15/12: RFE (daughter's birth cert)

5/15/12: RFE Evidence Sent (never received)

8/10/12: Infopass, evidence handed to officer adjudicating case

8/13/12: NOA2

NVC

8/20/12: Case Received

8/31/12: Case #/IIN Received

8/31/12: DS3032 Sent

9/11/12: ERROR MESSAGE! biggrin.png

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

9/14/12: AOS/IV marked as PAID

9/17/12: AOS delivered

9/20/12: IV delivered

9/25/12: AOS reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: IV reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: CASE COMPLETE11/27/12: Received Interview Date

01/11/13: Interview in San Salvador

03/15/13: 2nd Interview in SNS due to delayed medical report

I-601

3/21/13: Mailed to lockbox

3/22/13: Received at lockbox

9/25/13: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vermont Service Center was updated today...may want to check them all :thumbs:

5 MAR 2012 - I-129F packet sent via FedEx

7 MAR 2012 - Packet received Dallas, Texas

9 MAR 2012 - NOA1 (NOTICE DATE)

12 MAR 2012 - NOA1 (notice by Text/Email: routed to the Vermont Service Center)

15 MAR 2012 - NOA1 (received Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797))

X XXX XXXX - NOA2 (Notice by text message and Email)

I find the most reliable way to see which date the are processing is to check the last 10-20 approvals of your petition type and your service center on VJ

Filter out the bad data, look at the NOA1 dates and NOA2 dates, if it's way too short, then you know it's probably expedited. Filter out the cases where they got RFE too, because those RFE dates could have been approval.

So you have the "normal" cases left which gives you a pretty good idea what dates they are currently approving.

Don't the averages on VJ include expedite requests? If they do that would bring the average time down considerably to an unrealistic level for those of us who didn't use ER, right?

They do, but expedites are a very small percentage. Adding about 2 weeks to those averages seem to give a fairly good idea.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.