Eric1Viking

Opinions and Observations

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

First of all, I would just like to express my personal appreciation to all of the good folks that started this website, the long time members, and new members alike, for all of the support and information on this website. I was very fortunate to discover this website even before my first visit to China to visit my finacee Lei. The information here is very valuable and the good people that take the time to share their experiences, help all of us "newbies" very much. Now it is my turn to share some thoughts :-)

I just mailed off my completed I-129F package today! After some great advise from another VJ member I waited until after my 2nd trip to China ro send my petition. My I-129F package has a total of 122 pages. Here is a summary:

- Payment in the amount of $ 340.00 (personal check).

- G-1145 Form

- I-129F (hand printed, all CAPS, in black ink)

- I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, explanation of meeting in person (1 page)

- G-325A and (2) passport style photos (Petitioner)

- G-325A and (2) passport style photos (Beneficiary)

- US Passport (Petitioner) - (cover-to=cover in color)

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- Proof of prior marriages legally terminated (27 pages - complete)

- Evolution of Relationship Letter (2 pages)

- Proof of having met in person in the past two years (36 pages total including; (19) 5 x 7 photos from my 2 trips to

China showing my Finacee, Lei, her daughter, her mother and father, etc., trip itineraries, airline boarding passes,

hotel receipts, ATM receipts, currency exchange receipts, misc. receipts)

- Proof of ongoing relationship (16 pages of e-mails from 6/2011 - 2/2012, engagement ring receipt)

Our package is two-hole pucnhed at the top, subject tabs at the bottom. I mailed it today in a USPS Priority Mail box, via certified mail with return receipt requested.

The only thing I don;t have now is phone records because we I have been using "1 cent China" calling cards to call Lei. But now I have signed up for "flatrateonline.come" (from the advice of another member) so we have a record of our phone calls for Lei's interview. I made 1 complete replica copy and have all of the pages copied for a third copy if required.

I welcome any comments from other members :-) Here are a few of my observations about the whole process of making the package:

"Triple Check" everything! I followed this advise and found an empty box on my G-125A on my third check.

I tried "blacking out" personal information in several e-mails, but it just didn't look or "feel right" LOL. I recommend just picking several "mild" cordial e-mails to send ( if you can)

I recommend making an "I-129F Kit" at the very beginning; I bought a used ACCO (2) hole punch on eBay for $6.00 including shipping, a box of ACCO fasteners, a pack of subject tabs, black pens, yellow higlighters, etc.

During the information gather process, try to read the recent posts on this site and "gleen" information on a daily basis.

I just wanted to provide some ideas to offer help as others have helped me. One "intangible" thing about this long waiting process is that it gives you and your sweetheart time to see each other through a difficult time while separated by miles and lets the relationship grow.

Thanks everyone for listening :-) And for all of the help! Now I begin the "rest of the process" LOL :-)

02/18/2012: I-129F Mailed

02/24/2012: E-Mail / Text Received

02/28/2012: NOA1 Received

First of all, I would just like to express my personal appreciation to all of the good folks that started this website, the long time members, and new members alike, for all of the support and information on this website. I was very fortunate to discover this website even before my first visit to China to visit my finacee Lei. The information here is very valuable and the good people that take the time to share their experiences, help all of us "newbies" very much. Now it is my turn to share some thoughts :-)

I just mailed off my completed I-129F package today! After some great advise from another VJ member I waited until after my 2nd trip to China ro send my petition. My I-129F package has a total of 122 pages. Here is a summary:

- G-1145 Form

- I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, explanation of meeting in person (1 page)

- Proof of having met in person in the past two years (36 pages total including; (19) 5 x 7 photos from my 2 trips to

China showing my Finacee, Lei, her daughter, her mother and father, etc., trip itineraries, airline boarding passes,

- Proof of ongoing relationship (16 pages of e-mails from 6/2011 - 2/2012, engagement ring receipt)

Our package is two-hole pucnhed at the top, subject tabs at the bottom. I mailed it today in a USPS Priority Mail box, via certified mail with return receipt requested.

The only thing I don;t have now is phone records because we I have been using "1 cent China" calling cards to call Lei. But now I have signed up for "flatrateonline.come" (from the advice of another member) so we have a record of our phone calls for Lei's interview. I made 1 complete replica copy and have all of the pages copied for a third copy if required.

I welcome any comments from other members :-) Here are a few of my observations about the whole process of making the package:

"Triple Check" everything! I followed this advise and found an empty box on my G-125A on my third check.

I tried "blacking out" personal information in several e-mails, but it just didn't look or "feel right" LOL. I recommend just picking several "mild" cordial e-mails to send ( if you can)

I recommend making an "I-129F Kit" at the very beginning; I bought a used ACCO (2) hole punch on eBay for $6.00 including shipping, a box of ACCO fasteners, a pack of subject tabs, black pens, yellow higlighters, etc.

During the information gather process, try to read the recent posts on this site and "gleen" information on a daily basis.

I just wanted to provide some ideas to offer help as others have helped me. One "intangible" thing about this long waiting process is that it gives you and your sweetheart time to see each other through a difficult time while separated by miles and lets the relationship grow.

Thanks everyone for listening :-) And for all of the help! Now I begin the "rest of the process" LOL :-)

your all set man! goodluck... "GO SKOL VIKES"

- G-1145 Form

Ditto, this site is god-sent... and it all looks great, best of luck to you both!

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Wow, 122 pages? Mine had 82, and I thought I may have gone a little overboard. Good luck to you! Also, there is a Feb. 2012 Filers thread down in the K-1 progress report forum: you should stop in! I hope that all of us spend very little time there.

Joy (& Aaron, who doesn't read/post here yet)

Dec. 27, 2010: First met each other in Entebbe, Uganda while I was visiting my friend/his cousin (12/27/10 - 1/10/11) (visited again Jul. 2-9, 2011 and Dec. 24, 2011 - Jan. 9, 2012; engaged 1/7/12)

K-1

Feb. 18, 2012: I-129F sent (delivered 2/21 per USPS & USCIS; NOA1 notice date 2/23/12; check cashed/email/text 2/24)

Aug. 9, 2012: NOA2!!! [NOA1 +168 days] (reached NVC 8/17, left NVC 8/20; @embassy 8/24; embassy confirmed receipt 9/5)

Oct. 24 - Nov. 8, 2012: I visited again (Nairobi: medical 10/31; interview 11/5 [NOA1 +256 days]; result--APPROVED!!!!!!!)

Nov. 15, 2012: Visa in hand (was ready for retrieval 11/12/12)

Nov. 20, 2012: POE, Boston!!! (legal marriage 12/12/12; family/friends wedding ceremony 1/12/13) (276 days)

AOS/EAD/AP

Feb. 4, 2013: AOS packet sent (delivered 2/6, NOA1 text/email & check cashed 2/11 midnight)

Feb. 11, 2013: NOA1 notice date for I-485, EAD, AP (I-485/EAD NOA1 hard copies & biometrics appt letter arrived 2/16, badly mangled AP NOA1 arrived 2/27; biometrics done 3/4/13)

Apr. 3, 2013: EAD & AP approved (received card 4/11)

Aug. 16, 2013: I-485 approved & green card production ordered!!!! (card arrived 8/26/13) (193 days)

ROC

2015 sometime? I've slept since then.

Naturalization

Dec. 20, 2019: N-400 submitted online (Boston, MA field office)

Jan. 9, 2020: Biometrics

Feb. 4, 2020: updated wait time = 4 months (estimated case completion June 2020)

Aug. 7, 2020: interview scheduled (!), but no idea when

Sept. 16, 2020: interview, Boston (approved)

Sept. 24, 2020: oath ceremony, Boston---DONE!!! (279 days from submission)

230Hm5.pngxrcBm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

yep, yep, looks good. Just get the other pile ready for your girl when interview time comes and you should be alright. :thumbs:

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the comments. I must say, it feels like quite an accomplishment just to finish this big package and mail it off.

I got work today my package was sent to the Vermont Service Center. I will be taking a trip to China (my third) to see Lei next month, and I also plan to go with her to GUZ for the interview.

Good Luck to all!

02/18/2012: I-129F Mailed

02/24/2012: E-Mail / Text Received

02/28/2012: NOA1 Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

- G-1145 Form

WOW mine was like 20-25 pages, only 4 pages for previous marriages one for each side of 2 divorce decrees. I'm glad I don't live in your state where a divorce decree is 27 pages long! And I just sent a printout of inbox for all emails showing dates received and sent, not actual emails, and after 10 pages of texts I think they got the jist.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wishing you good fortune on your immigration journey.

We are also in the waiting zone between NOA1 and NOA2. I just returned from a recent wonderful 10 day visit with my fiancee. It is important to remember that this journey is a marathon, not a sprint; keep the relationship alive and growing. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.