afoyoswa

Any February 2012 filers?

4,866 posts in this topic

It is pretty weird as there's bin a lot of people who's done the same and were approved!Sadly it looks like it all depends on an adjudicator. I'd say if you sent the stamps in the first place, they wouldn't care about pictures that much, as they are secondary proof...It shows again how unfair the process is, one person can get way with something that another won't...

I send lots of proof.... I sent proof of stamps on passport, itinerary of following trip( confirms plane tickets next trip), 4month print out of phone bills, send 10 pics, proof of money I send thru western union, copies of plane tickets. I hope that was enough!

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys... How is everyone holding up..and congrats to those that got approved.. Sadly we got an RFE :( ... They are requesting for film dated pictures and passport stamps... the pictures we sent arnt film dated, we used pen to write dates at d back... But wat we wil be sendn back is going to be d passport stamps only... I jus hope its enuf for them.. I tut by now i wud be doing d happy dance...#eyesrolling

film dated? what a joke!

what does that mean anyways?

what if you took the photos yourself with a digital camera?

how is the printer going to tell them the date the photos where taken?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

film dated? what a joke!

what does that mean anyways?

what if you took the photos yourself with a digital camera?

how is the printer going to tell them the date the photos where taken?

With today's digital cameras, it is really hard to find dated pictures....although most of the cameras have this option, but personally, I don't like having the date on my photos...anyhow, apparently this dated photos issue is a common thing for RFEs...but this is all related to convincing the adjudicator that you have seen each other in the past two years...IMHO if you send enough proof (passport stamps, boarding tickets, etc.), it is ok to write the dates manually at the back of the photos or in the album you're attaching them...sadly, when I was sending our petition, I didn't know the importance of passport stamps:( I only sent the boarding passes and explained each of my trips to Iran, but seeing recent RFEs from CSC about passport stamps, i guess I should've done more research :crying:

Our story: K1 -> AOS -> ROC -> Naturalization (2012 - current)

(checkout our timeline for details)

No NVC number yet. But it was about a 12 min phone call (10 minutes on wait and 2 talking to the guy). He just asked me for the receipt number and said "not in the system yet".

Tomorrow it will have been a week since my NOA2 approval. I'm going to keep calling every day like others have suggested. It's only 15 minutes a day or so to check. And the nice thing is that they're open so late at night that I just call them while I'm cooking dinner or watching TV.

Hi, I called NVC on Friday and they still didn't have our file in the system yet (NOA2 June 20) and was reminded of the 15 day processing time for them to get approved files from USCIS. It was under a 2 minute phone call, I called first thing in the morning (Eastern Standard Time). I'm still in Botswana, so it is crazy expensive to call. Any luck from your side? Or any others out there with a recent CSC NOA2? Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hi, I called NVC on Friday and they still didn't have our file in the system yet (NOA2 June 20) and was reminded of the 15 day processing time for them to get approved files from USCIS. It was under a 2 minute phone call, I called first thing in the morning (Eastern Standard Time). I'm still in Botswana, so it is crazy expensive to call. Any luck from your side? Or any others out there with a recent CSC NOA2? Thanks.

No luck yet. I've figured out that 15 business days is about July 9th from when we got our approval (June 18th). So, wishful thinking the NVC will get our papers this week, but more realistically I am expecting the NVC to get them next week.

A lot of people are complaining that there are delays at the NVC though.

K1 Process -

1/30/12 - I-129F sent

2/2/12 - NOA1 Received (CSC)

2/3/12 - Visa App Fee Check Cashed

6/18/12 - NOA2 Email Received at 9PM MST

6/22/12 - NOA2 Letter Received in Mail

7/11/12 - NVC Received

7/13/12 - NVC Sent Case to Moldova Embassy

7/18/12 - Packet 3 dropped off to Embassy

7/19/12 - Packet 3 & 4 Instructions Received from Embassy

7/23/12 - Medical Exam Passed

7/27/12 - Interview

8/4/12 - POE Denver, CO

9/14/12 - Wedding #1 (Denver Courthouse)

9/17/12 - AOS/EAD sent

9/19/12 - AOS/EAD NOA1

10/23/12 - Biometrics

1/16/23 - AOS Interview

6/15/13 - Wedding #2 (Colorado)

6/22/13 - Wedding #3 (Moldova)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have officially entered the stage where I cannot sleep at all, my stomach is in a knot , and i cry randomly throughout the day. I have never waiting so patiently for something to the point that I lost it, know I am a wreck =(

a RFE or Denial now would kill me .................................................

=( I hate mondays

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have an NOA2 date of June 22, just called NVC and no case on file yet. Took about 4 minutes total call. To all- keep us updated if you get a case number and how long it took, much appreciated. I also sent an e-mail to NVC and one to Manila embassy this morning.

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have officially entered the stage where I cannot sleep at all, my stomach is in a knot , and i cry randomly throughout the day. I have never waiting so patiently for something to the point that I lost it, know I am a wreck =(

a RFE or Denial now would kill me .................................................

=( I hate mondays

Right there with you - this is horrible. Though I wouldn't mind an RFE right now I think so at least I'd know someone looked at the petition. We're getting kind of cranky at each other, just in frustration of not being to plan anything - when is he quitting work, will he be here before I need to hire a babysitter to watch the kids - just simple things, really, but tired of feeling like our lives are being held hostage by the USCIS. We just need to hang in a bit longer - I has to happen at some point!!

NOA1 : 02/15/12

NOA2 : 08/16/2012

NVC Rec'd : 08/27/2012

Medical : 09/14/2012

Interview : 10/31/2012

POE : 11/16/2012

Marriage : 02/02/2013

Filed: Timeline

Right there with you - this is horrible. Though I wouldn't mind an RFE right now I think so at least I'd know someone looked at the petition. We're getting kind of cranky at each other, just in frustration of not being to plan anything - when is he quitting work, will he be here before I need to hire a babysitter to watch the kids - just simple things, really, but tired of feeling like our lives are being held hostage by the USCIS. We just need to hang in a bit longer - I has to happen at some point!!

Hang in there guys...did you see the NOA2 from today? That's a good sign, slowly but surely...good.gif

THATS HOW IM FEELING RIGHT NOW TOO....

<br />I have officially entered the stage where I cannot sleep at all, my stomach is in a knot , and i cry randomly throughout the day. I have never waiting so patiently for something to the point that I lost it, know I am a wreck =( <br /><br />a RFE or Denial now would kill me .................................................<br /><br />=( I hate mondays<br />
<br /><br /><br /> I CANT WAIT NEITHER.... ITS STARTING TI GET TO ME AND IM A MARCH FILLER SO I PERFECTLY UNDERSTAND YOU.

Hang in there guys...did you see the NOA2 from today? That's a good sign, slowly but surely...good.gif

There have already been a few approvals on USCIS web updated today so it's a good sign...it's only 10 am in Vermont... They will catch up soon! I am pretty sure!

Edited by sabi

Our (K1) Journey

01-17-2012: I 129F sent

01-24-2012: NOA1 date! => Vermont Service Centre

08-02-2012: NOA2 (195 days!!!)

09-24-2012: interview - Approved!

09-26-2012: visaarrow-10x10.png issued

09-28-2012: visa received by a registeredarrow-10x10.png post

11-01-2012: POE Dublin

11-17-2012: wedding

AOS Journey

11-23-2012: AOS package sent

11-27-2912: package received and signed for at the Chicago office

11-29-2012: case numbers assigned

12-03-2012: Biometrics letter sent to the old addressarrow-10x10.png (never received)

12-10-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 765 and I 131

12-15-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 485

12-28-2012: biometrics (missed)

01-17-2013: newarrow-10x10.png biometric date

01-25-2013: EAD approval

01-30-2013: EAD production

01-31-2013: EAD mailed

02-02-2013: EAD received

My ROC Journey:

03-20-2015: I751 package sent

03-23-2015: NOA1

03-25-2015: check cashedarrow-10x10.png

07-31-2015: Biometrics ( Biometrics letter sent to the old address never received, missed it on 07/06 and had to have it rescheduled after many phone calls and service requests)

09-07-2015: Card in Production email.

09-09-2015: Card mailed

09-11-2015: Card delivered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I'll go crazy! It's our 2 year anniversary today and first of all, we can't spend it together, second of all, there's not the slightest chance we'll get approved soon looking at VSC speed... My approximate NOA2 date moved with a whole month since the beginning of the process..

All this is simply ridiculous. How can VSC be so behind? Shame on you people! You go to bed with the people you love, don't you?

Well, we don't!

:cry:

98040280.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Still waiting for my NOA2 - I sent my application on 2/1/12

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

With today's digital cameras, it is really hard to find dated pictures....although most of the cameras have this option, but personally, I don't like having the date on my photos...anyhow, apparently this dated photos issue is a common thing for RFEs...but this is all related to convincing the adjudicator that you have seen each other in the past two years...IMHO if you send enough proof (passport stamps, boarding tickets, etc.), it is ok to write the dates manually at the back of the photos or in the album you're attaching them...sadly, when I was sending our petition, I didn't know the importance of passport stamps:( I only sent the boarding passes and explained each of my trips to Iran, but seeing recent RFEs from CSC about passport stamps, i guess I should've done more research :crying:

There are programs on the internet that will date/time stamp your photos for you if they were taken from a digital camera.

Most of the programs are free too

K1 Process -

1/30/12 - I-129F sent

2/2/12 - NOA1 Received (CSC)

2/3/12 - Visa App Fee Check Cashed

6/18/12 - NOA2 Email Received at 9PM MST

6/22/12 - NOA2 Letter Received in Mail

7/11/12 - NVC Received

7/13/12 - NVC Sent Case to Moldova Embassy

7/18/12 - Packet 3 dropped off to Embassy

7/19/12 - Packet 3 & 4 Instructions Received from Embassy

7/23/12 - Medical Exam Passed

7/27/12 - Interview

8/4/12 - POE Denver, CO

9/14/12 - Wedding #1 (Denver Courthouse)

9/17/12 - AOS/EAD sent

9/19/12 - AOS/EAD NOA1

10/23/12 - Biometrics

1/16/23 - AOS Interview

6/15/13 - Wedding #2 (Colorado)

6/22/13 - Wedding #3 (Moldova)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

There are programs on the internet that will date/time stamp your photos for you if they were taken from a digital camera.

Most of the programs are free too

I know, but wouldn't this be considered as altering the pictures? :unsure:

Our story: K1 -> AOS -> ROC -> Naturalization (2012 - current)

(checkout our timeline for details)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.