BughouseMaster

HELP! COMPLETE change of personality.... :(

99 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If this is how the relationship is now - I can not see it getting any better over time. I am no Dr. Phil..

So... I came here to the Philippines ONLY for my fiance, i've sent the initial I-129 packet off end of Dec, got notification of NOA1 around jan 4 but sad to say i just wasted all my time, money, and effort for her.... almost EVERY DAY we're arguing and she's too damn stubborn to listen or work out or anything..... all she does is run away and she thinsk that's the solution to our probs when it just makes it 10x worse!!! She is even avoiding her own family and doesn't even sleep at home anymore.... and dont even mention to text/call her as she doesn't ever reply to anything even V-day i just stayed by myself.... i even made up a story that i got snatched and you guessed it! she didn't even care and just hungup the phone on me bec she's too damn SELFISH and SELF-CENTERED & only remembers the negative parts of our relationship... really never met a more HEARTLESS girl then her it's quite sad bec before this trip she wasn't like this AT ALL otherwise i wouldn't have invested so much into her.

Anyway...... so needless to say, she doesn't have a copy of the I-129F i made for her.... and she also doesn't have the original receipts i brought.... im THINKING of coming back here in May 10 to surprise her in time for her bday later in the month and as a last resort to fix our relationship as by that time maybe i would already receive notification of NOA2...

i need to know what i should do with her complete copy of all the i-129 papers, and also the original receipts that she should bring to interview, if ever... should i leave them with a trusted person here? or should i bring everything back home with me and play the waiting game.... :/

i even took many pics of us in our few times we hungout together as "ongoing proof of relationship" as required by the NOA2, but didn't make any copies of anything.... including the hotel receipts. I just dont wanna waste EVERYTHING which is why im trying to utilize all my options esp. while im still here.

PLEASE HELP! DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you everyone for your prompt replies...

Out of all the replies yours I feel the most partial to. I've spent TOO MUCH on this girl, this is the 4th time in 2 yrs I've came to spend time with her, and obviously is HANDS DOWN the worst. From the entire time I've spent here, (since jan 6) you can almost count on 2 hands the # of days she's stayed with me. Not to mention that on my 2-year anniversary trip to Cebu, she left me there, along with all of her baggages and things in the hotel room, and absolutely FOOLISHLY paid P3300 (using her original return flight mind you for the next day should be) to rebook the flight. And NO she/her family dont have money either, so how stupid could she be to do that? Even a BAR GIRL wont do what she did.... i never physically hurt her, but this just goes to show you how PROUD and how ULTRA-STUBBORN a girl she is.... only reason why I didn't drop her right then and there is bec I'm a FIGHTER and have spent the most on her out of any girl i've been with and before this trip to Pinas everything was SO GOOD & we were even talking about marriage.... otherwise if she gave me ANY signs at all that this how she really is within the 1st few weeks (or even months!) of dating her i would've NEVER wasted any more time on her but.. it's diff. when you've lived together and done absolutely everything together as if husband/wife already but i've tried sooooo many things already and am near my end. Orando, that's why I'm thinking of coming here in early May ONLY IF i haven't already found a new one by then... bec she needs a DRASTIC CHANGE and 1 day she will realize that her actions were so wrong.

Btw, if anyone is in Metro-Manila (currently i'm in cubao) and wants to meet up with me in person to help me cope with this problem (or if you have a similar prob i'd love to talk to you). It would be much appreciated. Pls contact me on either of my #'s:

SMART: 0947.583.6992

GLOBE: 0906.260.3393

Hey man, you seem like a decent dude, sucks you are just now going through this after 2 years in this relationship. Just giving you some additional food for thought here, a lot of people are telling you to quit and give-up on your woman, which is typical and sometimes justified however, I respect the fact you are thinking this through, you seem to love this woman in an unconditional sense, which is the same love I have for my wife, and you are not ready to give up on her yet, which I admire. When you do get married, these qualities in you will be a blessing to your marriage and will provide the opportunity for grace and peace to prosper in your house.

The only 2 reasons I would advise you to consider leaving your relationship for are one, infidelity, or two, her heart has already left the relationship or was never there to begin with. Only you know the answers to these questions, I cannot make a determination of this based on what you wrote because I do not know you, your woman, the history of your relationship and I am not well versed or experienced with Pilipino culture. I suggest you find out the answers to these questions and be honest with yourself. Is there someone in your life that is good with women, that knows you and your life and can give you feedback that is timely and precise taking into consideration the cultural context of the Philippines that you are hunting in? If the answer to either one of these questions is yes, then, I think you can understand and already know that you are in for a heartbreaking and painful experience with your woman.

If the answer to both questions is no, she is faithful to you and she does truly love you, the road still remains difficult and challenging ahead, I am of the opinion that all relationships will hit their respective and relative hard times, trials and tribulations dependent upon the 2 people involved in the relationship, people have different strength and tolerance levels. I understand that many Pinays are women of faith and are Catholic, if you have it in you, I would suggest speaking to her in terms of faith, in terms of Christ, the cross, forgiveness, repentance, sin, Christ centered love..etc, all the while understanding you are powerless to change her, only she can decide to allow Christ to work in her heart and mind, see if she is capable of producing fruits of the holy spirit, if you accept that school of thought. That is the only advice I have to give you if you choose to remain with your woman, regardless of the situation and circumstances. If you are not a follower of the Christ, then I would advise you to seek out counsel from wherever it is you get counsel regarding your relationship.

Just some food for thought, take it for whatever it is worth to you, take care and I pray you find peace in these storms.

Our Visa Journey

12-10-2011: Married

01-03-2012: I-130 Mailed

01-09-2012: NOA1

05-16-2012: NOA2

06-04-2012: NVC Received

11-27-2012: NVC Case Complete

01-23-2013: Interview in Bogota (pending medical results)

02-13-2013: Visa Approved

03-20-2013: POE - Miami

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I think this is common for many people. Meeting someone in one situation then when things start to get serious things change. It is a very hard situation to come by and more than one person go through it. I think trust your gut and don't let anyone take advantage of you, There seems to be many who try to do that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

JUST THREATENED HER THAT I'LL POST OUR NUDE PIX AND SEX VIDS IF SHE DOESN'T CONTACT ME ASAP.

WE'LL SEE HOW MUCH LONGER SHE TRIES TO AVOID ME!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK THIS WILL DEF. GET THE JOB DONE... NOT SURE WHY I DIDN'T THINK OF DOING THIS EARLIER....

Our K-1 VISA Process & NCLEX-RN Exam Status

• 04/24/2013 - I-129F Sent
  • 04/29/2013 - NOA1 Touched
  • 05/02/2013 - Left to visit my baby for the 3rd time!
  • 05/03/2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy received
  • 06/04/2013 - Flight back to the U.S.
  • 07/29/2013 - NOA2 (approval text) received (only 87 days since NOA1 Notice Date)
  • 08/02/2013 - NOA2 Hardcopy received
  • 08/14/2013 - Mailed all necessary post-NOA2 docs to sweetheart in preparation for her medical/interview!
  • 08/19/2013 - Manila Case # given by NVC (exactly 3 wks since NOA2)
  • 08/26/2013 - Manila Case # Hardcopy received, perfect timing for...
  • 08/26/2013 - Our 1-year ANNIVERSARY! dancin5hr.gif
  • 08/28/2013 - Post-NOA2 docs received (only 13 days!)
  • 09/02/2013 - Filed college credentials for CGFNS
  • 09/03/2013 - Paid $240 visa fee at BPI
  • 09/03/2013 - Mailed fingerprints to MorphoTrust
  • 09/04/2013 - Interview calendar (finally) viewable
  • 09/11/2013 - Releasing of credentials @ UPH
  • 09/12/2013 - Mailed off UPH credentials to CGFNS
  • 09/16/2013 - Medical Examination
  • 09/17/2013 - Immunizations
  • 09/18/2013 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!! (< 5 months for everything!!)dancin5hr.gif
  • 09/19/2013 - Case Status: Ready
  • 09/23/2013 - Case Status: Administrative Processing
  • 09/24/2013 - Case Status: Issued!
  • 09/25/2013 - Releasing of credentials @ MCNP - pick up and send to CGFNS
blk-event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

JUST THREATENED HER THAT I'LL POST OUR NUDE PIX AND SEX VIDS IF SHE DOESN'T CONTACT ME ASAP.

WE'LL SEE HOW MUCH LONGER SHE TRIES TO AVOID ME!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK THIS WILL DEF. GET THE JOB DONE... NOT SURE WHY I DIDN'T THINK OF DOING THIS EARLIER....

Oh my, eye for an eye is not an effective short or long-term strategy in a relationship....

Our Visa Journey

12-10-2011: Married

01-03-2012: I-130 Mailed

01-09-2012: NOA1

05-16-2012: NOA2

06-04-2012: NVC Received

11-27-2012: NVC Case Complete

01-23-2013: Interview in Bogota (pending medical results)

02-13-2013: Visa Approved

03-20-2013: POE - Miami

That's disturbing to say the least. OP You just don't threaten a woman or anyone in any form or shape. Hopefully no one here will encourage you.

Edit to add: I can see very well why this woman doesn't want anything with you. Geez

Edited by mari&Ryan

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

Whatever is the girl thinking??

That she has a good headstart maybe?? :whistle:

Talking of personality changes.....what a tool :lol:

Edited by Stu4Lee

K-1
NOA1 Nov 25th 2011
NOA2 May 30th 2012 (not a typo, 187 days no RFE)
Left NVC Jun 18th 2012
Medical Jun 28th 2012
Pkt 3 sent Jul 3rd 2012
Pkt 3 rec Jul 9th 2012 (sent before received)
Pkt 4 rec Jul 30th 2012
Interview Jul 30th 2012 (refused for lack of ongoing relationship evidence)
Approved Oct 5th 2012
Visa delivered Oct 10th 2012
POE JFK-NYC Nov 28th 2012
Married Dec 24th 2012

AOS
Package sent Jan 30th 2013
NOA1 Feb 6th 2013
Biometrics Mar 4th 2013
EAD/AP card in production Apr 5th 2013
EAD/AP card in mail Apr 11th 2013
EAD/AP card arrived Apr 13th 2013
SS card arrived Apr 19th 2013

AOS approved Sept 19th 2013 (no interview)

ROC

Package sent Sept 13th 2015

NOA1 Sept 15th 2015

Extension Letter 1yr Sept 15th 2015

Biometrics Oct 15th 2015

RFE Jul 11th 2016

Infopass 1yr extension Aug 26th 2016

RFE response Sept 30th 2016

Interview Mar 15th 2017

"You are lucky we are busy today, we are trying to clear this area, otherwise I wouldn't let you in" - Atlanta CBP Securing America's Borders

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.