Knit_crochet

expedite the spousal visa

13 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to everyone here!

i am married to a US citizen somewhere in Asia last year... and my husband filed for a Spousal Visa... i have been reading some of the topic that might probably make our papers process quick.. and some of them mentioned that the congressman MIGHT BE able to help us to expedite our papers... is that possible?

Please let me know if some people here able to make it...

thank you and i appreciate your suggestions and help.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sure many members would like to offer you advice, but you left no details about your case.

1. Where is your case, at USCIS, NVC, USEM?

2. When did you file the petition?

3. Why does your case warrant an expedite?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow! thank you very much for the quick reply..

i am very sorry i forgot to include my details here.. as i have mentioned.. im a newbie and i dont know some of the part here..

anyway..

my husband filed for a permanent visa last sept 2011 in CSC and we have received the receipt like a week after he filed it..

they said.. it took only 5 months for the spousal visa.. is that true??? we just turned 5 months now. i have viewed the timelines saying 5 months process..

any other way to expedite the papers?

Thank you so much Sir!

I'm sure many members would like to offer you advice, but you left no details about your case.

1. Where is your case, at USCIS, NVC, USEM?

2. When did you file the petition?

3. Why does your case warrant an expedite?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The only way to expedite your case (that they will approve) is if its a serious medical issue, or life threatening situation. Other than that they will not approve expedite usually.

It takes about 5-7 months at USCIS another month or two at NVC and then the interview and if there is a 221g for more documents or AP it takes a little more time so the whole process will take about 8 months to a year.

If your on F3 case then it would take priority date as well but if he's a USC now then that won't be the case you would simply receive the visa after the interview as long as there are no other issues.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

at the most - the USCitizen Spouse could file a Service Request, at this stage, to find the casefile.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** moving from K3 to CR-1 foruma s this seems to be the visa the OP is persuing ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi there! Just looking for some advice from those out there with experience in this topic. What are the odds of having an I-130 petition expedited because upcoming military deployment? and once the deployment orders have been sent as supporting documentation to USCIS?

Thanks!

Citizenship

6/24/2016: Mailed N-400 package via USPS from Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan

7/11/2016: Received NOA1 dated 7/5/2016

11/3/2016: Received email from USCIS-Seoul Office with Naturalization appt set for 11/30/2016

11/30/2016: Naturalization Interview on Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan. N-400 Approved

12/1/2016: Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

fairly decent.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Hi there! Just looking for some advice from those out there with experience in this topic. What are the odds of having an I-130 petition expedited because upcoming military deployment? and once the deployment orders have been sent as supporting documentation to USCIS?

Thanks!

I have seen some other members get expedited for this reason.

In regards to the original poster....would attempt to get a service request, that may be your best bet.

I love my husband!!

I-130 sent - 9/5/2011

NOA 1 received and routed to CSC - 9/22/2011

Petition Touched - 9/27/2011

Expedite Request sent - 02/24/2012

NOA 2 - 03/21/2012 (without need for expedite)

NVC Receive - 04/09/2012

Case Number Assigned -

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have seen some other members get expedited for this reason.

In regards to the original poster....would attempt to get a service request, that may be your best bet.

what reason do you have to give them for the service request?

11/04/11 Got Married

USCIS:

12/28/11 - I-130 Sent

12/30/11 - NOA1 Received

06/08/12 - NOA2 Received

NVC:

07/02/12 - Case arrived at NVC

07/12/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses

07/13/12 - E-mailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's e-mail address

07/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

07/24/12 - DS-3032 accepted, IV bill invoiced & PAID

07/25/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID, IV bill appears as PAID, AOS Package sent, IV Package sent

07/26/12 - AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC

08/01/12 - AOS/I-864 accepted, Checklist Issued for DS-230

08/13/12 - Responded to Checklist

08/20/12 - IV accepted, Case Complete

09/14/12 - Interview date Assigned (Interview Date: 10/04/12)

Medical/US Consulate/POE:

09/21/12 - Medical

10/04/12 - Interview (Approved!)

10/08/12 - Visa received

11/02/12 - POE (Chicago, IL)

11/25/12 - Received Permanent Resident Card

11/26/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA Office

That you are past processing times for that service center, you would need to call USCIS to do this.

I love my husband!!

I-130 sent - 9/5/2011

NOA 1 received and routed to CSC - 9/22/2011

Petition Touched - 9/27/2011

Expedite Request sent - 02/24/2012

NOA 2 - 03/21/2012 (without need for expedite)

NVC Receive - 04/09/2012

Case Number Assigned -

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I actually had my case expedited through uscis at the csc I also had my case expedited through nvc and this is what I did january 6th I mailed my petition off overnight january 15th I received my receipt that same day I mailed off my expedite request due to mental and financial hardship. I actually quit my good paying job and blamed my reason on quitting on my mental hardship I went to a psychologist and told them I cant work I also said I had a anxiety attack they prescribed me with xanax and trazadone I then filed my prescription at walmart I faxed in tcopies of the prescription a pay stub showing a decrease in my pay showing I quit my expedite was approved based on that january 26th checked my status online and it showed approved i130. Nvc got my case february 8th I also sent thenm actually a email saying my case was expedited through uscis and im requesting an expedite called nvc february feb 16th and they told me they are no longer dealing with my case and I should contact the u.s embassy in ghana. During that time I did go to my senator but by time they responded my case for an expedite was already approved I didnt makre any payments to nvc didnt send in any paperwork or anything im now staying in contact with the dept of state a lady name sara told me I can call everday if I want to check on the status because they can see every action the u.s. Embassy in ghana takes the embasy in ghana is just waiting for the hard coy they have already recieved the electronic coy. So I literally went through uscis and nvc in a month

Hi to everyone here!

i am married to a US citizen somewhere in Asia last year... and my husband filed for a Spousal Visa... i have been reading some of the topic that might probably make our papers process quick.. and some of them mentioned that the congressman MIGHT BE able to help us to expedite our papers... is that possible?

Please let me know if some people here able to make it...

thank you and i appreciate your suggestions and help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Even if u dont think ur case is,serious enough for an expedite I still say try it and send a bunch of papers akong with it I didnt have a drs note I only used the papers that described the side effects of the medication I must admit I was shocked as hell to see it approved now im just patiently waiting for the embassy in ghana that acceptied my expedite request to my understanding my husband will pay for everything at the time of the interview and I wik be there with him I love my husband and I will do anything to get him here and as far as I know the aos I can just submit my 2011 tax transcripts where I made more then the overty line I have a back up joint sponsor just in case

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.