ScottMelanie

Fiancee Had Previous I-129F

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I filed an I-129F petition for my fiancee about 6 weeks ago and it was accepted. I followed up with a letter that requested that additional information be added to her mailing address. The return email from the CSC included a notation (a WAC number) from three years ago when she was being sponsored by someone else. I know this because when I input the other WAC number into "My Case Status" on the USCIS website, it mentions that the petition was filed in 2009 and that it is still in review status. By the way, my Fiancee did tell me that she had been engaged 3 years ago and that a petition had been filed on her behalf. The relationship ended before she applied for a visa and before they got married.

My question is, will the fact that she was petitioned three years ago by someone else cause us any trouble in getting her petition approved? She has never visited the USA, nor had a visa to visit.

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would think NO. It should'nt affect a past K-1 that never went though.

USCIS has a record of this past engagement and thats what I assume they will look at.

This is not solid advice since I don't know exactly how far they were in the process with this last engagement. But, if all is canceled and your both free to marry. Then Go Onward.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I filed an I-129F petition for my fiancee about 6 weeks ago and it was accepted. I followed up with a letter that requested that additional information be added to her mailing address. The return email from the CSC included a notation (a WAC number) from three years ago when she was being sponsored by someone else. I know this because when I input the other WAC number into "My Case Status" on the USCIS website, it mentions that the petition was filed in 2009 and that it is still in review status. By the way, my Fiancee did tell me that she had been engaged 3 years ago and that a petition had been filed on her behalf. The relationship ended before she applied for a visa and before they got married.

My question is, will the fact that she was petitioned three years ago by someone else cause us any trouble in getting her petition approved? She has never visited the USA, nor had a visa to visit.

Thank you.

I would think the fact that the old petition is still in review may slow things up a bit. ie, likely needs to be closed somehow prior to processing your application. Also, why did you request they also mail her about updates? was this request for email or postal mail updates?

Timeline

I would think the fact that the old petition is still in review may slow things up a bit. ie, likely needs to be closed somehow prior to processing your application. Also, why did you request they also mail her about updates? was this request for email or postal mail updates?

Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to ensure they had her proper mailing address for that day long in the future when she will receive a notice that the petition was approved.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Background checks are one of the factors to slow a process down. She may or may not be asked about it during her interview. I don't remember if any of the forms ask about it. When a petitioner withdraws the petition, it's usually "without prejudice" or something along the lines of that. If nothing was done about it, the petition expires.

Odd they'd include a 3 years old case number though. If asked about it, she needs to be honest.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

I would think NO. It should'nt affect a past K-1 that never went though.

USCIS has a record of this past engagement and thats what I assume they will look at.

This is not solid advice since I don't know exactly how far they were in the process with this last engagement. But, if all is canceled and your both free to marry. Then Go Onward.

Thank you for your reply. It makes sense, and I hope it does to them, too. I appreciate your help. :yes:

Timeline

Background checks are one of the factors to slow a process down. She may or may not be asked about it during her interview. I don't remember if any of the forms ask about it. When a petitioner withdraws the petition, it's usually "without prejudice" or something along the lines of that. If nothing was done about it, the petition expires.

Odd they'd include a 3 years old case number though. If asked about it, she needs to be honest.

Good point. Yes, it is odd to go back 3 years to a case. Yes, she will be very honest about it. Thank you for your thoughts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.