jeffreymirasol

My i129F was denied due to a filing issue

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you again for all the support. Have read all the responses and will surely follow them carefully

:thumbs: Good luck.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I was denied of my petition just today Feb 15 2012 because the fact that I havent sent the required documents needed but I have only sent the I129F form itself. I should have consulted professional help but this was an honest mistake I made, the status on the website is on decision not "post decision" and the money has already been taken out of my account 3 days after the application was received back in Aug 31 of 2011.Do I on the other hand have time to fix this ASAP to avoid inconvenience ? I have heard of RFE?? by visiting the consul or local office to follow up the papers needed and will take approx 2-3 months? Is it wise to refile or an appeal? This is a Bonafide relationship of almost 1 year when I was in Philippines for vacation and this is only an honest mistake on my part :( I have everything from the checklist now In my possession if ever.PLEASE HELP

would appreciate all the help guys because my heart broke the moment I got the message this morning :crying:

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Decision

On February 15, 2012, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of February 15, 2012, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I'm not sure what you can do now, but I think that the original I-129F download location has instructions to download right next to it. I'm not sure why anyone would drop $340 dollars on something without reading instructions first, but I'm sure that it could happen if you got the I-129f from some source other than USCIS...

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

To the OP just live and learn. Heck your mistake cost you a handful of months and $340. not bad heck I have done stupid in the past that took a dozen years to undue and with a cost of many zeros (6 figures).

Read the instructions, package your required documents and reapply THEN wait.

--------------------------------K-1----------------------------
October 1, 2011 Mailed I-129F Application
October 7, 20122 Notice Date of NOA 1
February 15, 2012 Received Hard Copy of Approved NOA 2
March 8, 2012 Rec email Pacs 3/4 US Embassy in Bogota
March 29, 2012 Scheduled Interview
June 7, 2012 Interview APPROVED!

------------------------------Arrival @ LAX-----------------------------
July 27, 2012 Arrived POE @ LAX
October 21, 2012 Married (L) (L)

------------------------------AOS----------------------------------
April 20, 2013 Mailed AOS package

April 29, 2013 AOS NOA

May 22, 2013 Biometric date

June 7, 2013 NOA, rec. interview date for 7-16-13

June 18, 2013 EAD/AP Approved

June 29, 2013 Rec. in mail EAD/AP combo card

July 8, 2013 AOS process on HOLD, interview canceled unsure.png as wife returned to Colombia on medical emergency!

Oct. 17, 2013 AOS Interview re-schedule to November 20, 2013

Nov. 1, 2013 Rec. Notice from USCIS that 11-20-13 interview "due to unforseen circumstances" has been CANCELED. girlwerewolf2xn.gif

December 18, 2013 Rec. notice that AOS interview has been re-scheduled for January 17, 2014 (we will see)

January 17, 2014 Interview and AOS was APPROVED! dancin5hr.gif

January 27, 2014 Received GREEN CARD in mail! kicking.gif

-----------------------ROC----------------------

December 23, 2015 ROC Mailed I-751 to CSC

December 30, 2015 ROC NOA1

January 25, 2016 ROC Bio appointment

May 26, 2016 Approved!

June 4, 2016 - Received 10-year PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD in mail! :thumbs:

-----------------------CITIZENSHIP------------------

November 16, 2016 Mailed

November 19, 2016 NOA date

December 13, 2016 Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am so sorry that it turned out this way. You have plenty of good advice from all the preceding posts. Now come up with your game plan and you should be fine.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.