PaulnUsa

2 Weeks Since Approval and Still NO Visa

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What happened at POE had nothing* to do with an I-797 and it is not part of a visa process, its only a petition requesting permission to apply for a visa, and - *as long as the visa was applied for while the petition was still valid then all is good. The embassy can extend the processing time at their discretion even.

There was something else going on with your friend...

No. There was not. She was deported for the I-129F expiration date and no other reason. I know this friend very well; he's not merely an Internet friend but a Filipino American (native born) who lives near me and whom I've traveled to/from the Philippines with before on trips. It is possible for people to do their jobs wrong and refuse to acknowledge that they are making a mistake when challenged on it. This is the case at the POE. I just hope it never happens again.

No. There was not. She was deported for the I-129F expiration date and no other reason. I know this friend very well; he's not merely an Internet friend but a Filipino American (native born) who lives near me and whom I've traveled to/from the Philippines with before on trips. It is possible for people to do their jobs wrong and refuse to acknowledge that they are making a mistake when challenged on it. This is the case at the POE. I just hope it never happens again.

I-129F does not expire it is either approved or not. Sorry but your wrong or maybe you have the form name wrong. That would not be part of the packet for POE.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The I-129f "died" the second his fiancee started her K-1 application and a I-129f has nothing to do with entry into the USA, that is the K-1 visa. Very likely the K-1 date had expired before entry.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Most K-1ers get their visa in a week or two. Of course, it can take much longer if their case is under administrative review / administrative processing.

Timeline

The I-129f "died" the second his fiancee started her K-1 application and a I-129f has nothing to do with entry into the USA, that is the K-1 visa. Very likely the K-1 date had expired before entry.

I don't know why people keep arguing with me on this. I KNOW the I-129F is irrelevant once the visa is approved... unfortunately, the immigration person at the POE did not know this, as my friend unfortunately found out. The K1 visa did NOT expire -- she was on the plane 4 days after the interview.

Timeline

And if anyone still doubts me and has WAY too much time on their hands, then get a hold of the old k1 visa newsgroup archives and look around the year 2000 for my post about it. I posted as it was happening and my friend was calling me from the airport in a panic. I got everyone quite excited back then about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.