Timeline

Administrative processing

Sorry I stand corrected

USCIS

07/24/2011 Got married in Toronto

09/12/2011 Filed I-130

09/13/2011 NOA1

09/16/2011 Touched

03/23/2012 NOA2 (192 days from NOA1 date)

NVC

05/08/12: NVC Case Number, IIN, BID Received

05/08/12: Filled DS261 Online

05/08/12: Sent Optin Email for Electronic Processing

05/08/12: AOS Fee Paid

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I wanted to ask the opinion of people here. I was thiking of tentatively rescheduling something with the venue for December. I know there are no guarantees but would it be probable that my wife will be here by then? I need to give some tentative information for when I will be rescheduling it for.

More probable than your original date. Is there a chance that if she missed the december date you'd be able to re schedule it yet again?

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I have rescheduled this event for the 22nd of December. I hope that will be enough time and my wife will be here with me. It was pretty straightforward in the end and didn't cost me any extra.

USCIS

07/24/2011 Got married in Toronto

09/12/2011 Filed I-130

09/13/2011 NOA1

09/16/2011 Touched

03/23/2012 NOA2 (192 days from NOA1 date)

NVC

05/08/12: NVC Case Number, IIN, BID Received

05/08/12: Filled DS261 Online

05/08/12: Sent Optin Email for Electronic Processing

05/08/12: AOS Fee Paid

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad the change of date worked out!

Sending you good vibes that she gets there soon!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one judgmental post removed along with 2 quoting, one post returned below minus the quote.

Your response is a bit offensive. Why so judgemental on how people spend their money? And, honestly, I've been to many 10+ weddings with 300+ people. I had a large wedding myself with a large focus on really good food and top shelf liquor for 200 of my closest family and friends (and believe me that was a condensed list). In some cultures and in some families this is a normal thing and some people are okay with spending thousands of dollars on this type of event. What does it matter how much money someone makes and how they chose to spend it?

I don't judge people for having a small wedding or for having a cash bar or not having a wedding at all. Weddings and celebrations have different values and meanings to different people. It's something I chose to spend money on but recognize that not everyone would!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.