alexd

I-134 Affidavit of Support - Income

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Currently, I'm working at a local hotel. I am classified as a "Steady-extra" Bellman, which means that I don't have a set schedule or guaranteed hours. However, in actuality, I DO work steadily and frequently (with the exception of the winter months). I'm wondering if there's anyone else who works in a similar classification and what they've put down on the I-134 where it says "I derive and annual income of..." I've only worked there for 6 months (August to the present), and so my 2011 tax return/W2 only reflects income for August to December 2011. I was not employed prior to August 2011. I've had a couple different ideas about how I should indicate for my income:

1. Multiply my hourly rate x 40 hours x 52 weeks (which would be LESS than I actually make, because I do make a substantial amount in tips)

or

2. Take the total amount I made from August to December of 2011 and divide by 5 (to get the AVERAGE amount I made PER MONTH) and then multiply by 12 (which would still probably be LESS than I would actually make in the year because November and December are slow months and the summertime is much busier)

In either case, the amount EXCEEDS the "125% above the poverty line" requirement, although my 2011 tax return/W2 amount does not.

I'm just wondering what the best way to calculate my income is. Hopefully there are others who work in a similar job classification and can provide some advice.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can add another Sponsor for your affidavit of support such as your family members. You don't have to do it on your own. As long that you have enough support or proof of income to take your fiance(e) in the US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Proof of income

1) 2 recent copy of your 1040 income tax return

2) 3 recent copy of your pay stubs

3) 3 recent Bank Statement Copy

4) Other asset such as your 401k and Personal Property you may have.

Note: Ask for Verification of Employment from your employer or Cerfitication of Employment that has all your detailed income information. You'll be just fine :)

Timeline

I'm well-aware of the requirements/proofs for the Affidavit of Support. What I need to know is how to answer the first part of No. 7 of the I-134 ("I derive an annual income of"). To repeat, I'm not a "regular"/full-time employee and do not have a set schedule or guaranteed hours, so I can't really calculate my annual salary by using my hourly rate and figuring for 40 hours a week for 52 weeks.

Timeline

HI there i have question with this I-134 co sponsor. Should i send a copy of this together with our 129F packet? or do i just need this to present on the interview? sorry still trying to learn stuff about this process. :unsure: thanks every one!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's an average/estimate of what you earn. You don't say "I would earn XXX because my wage X full time X 52 weeks is above 125%" when you know you won't make that much money due to the nature of your employment. :blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For example: my employment is based on commission + hourly wage. I have a set 40 hours per week. If I multiply my hourly rate x 40 x 52 weeks my salary would be 18, 240. I actually earn closer to 40k per year. I would tell them 35,000 - 40,000 which I could prove with tax returns.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm well-aware of the requirements/proofs for the Affidavit of Support. What I need to know is how to answer the first part of No. 7 of the I-134 ("I derive an annual income of"). To repeat, I'm not a "regular"/full-time employee and do not have a set schedule or guaranteed hours, so I can't really calculate my annual salary by using my hourly rate and figuring for 40 hours a week for 52 weeks.

Annual salary is how much you make in a year, whether you work only one day or 365 days. No "unique" calculating is required, just your pay stubs, a 1040 tax return (embassy requests most recent tax return - just one) and a letter from your employer.

Manila embassy can be "iffy" about co-sponsors.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.