nomss

How to prove the financial difficulties or that I have met?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** One post removed. PLease remain constructive *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

okay here's the deal. You will not get the meeting requirement waived. It's is next to impossible and all the reasons you've stated simply aren't good enough. Financial doesn't work because you need to prove you're able to financially support her. To prove you've met in person you should keep your plane ticket stubs, take a photo or two together, and also photocopy the immigration stamp in the passport.

The k1 is a multi-stage process that you obviously haven't looked into. First is your petition. Then once that's approved it goes to her home country for the visa application process. There is more money at this stage, several forms, medical exams, and police checks as well as an interview to prove you're in love. For the visa portion one of the forms is the I-134 which is the Affidavit of Support. You need to prove you can support her and your household size (so your kids etc). For 2 people you need to earn at least $18,387 a year. If you don't you will need a co-sponsor who proves that they can support THEIR household size plus the immigrant.

If her K1 visa is approved (anywhere from 6-12+ months depending on several factors) she has 6 months to use her visa. Once she arrives she then has 90 days to marry you. Then you file MORE paperwork (current price $1070 called the Adjustment of Status "AOS" which gets her her greencard "GC" and takes around 3-6 months) as well as ANOTHER Affidavit of Support with the same income requirement however it's a different form and it's legally binding for several years. Again if you don't earn enough you can use a joint sponsor. She may or may not have an interview and again prove your undying love for each other.

Once she's had her GC for 2 years (minus 90 days) you file MORE paperwork called "Removal of Conditions". Current price for that is around $600 and takes around 3-6 months. It will probably go up between now and then. No income info is required for this part because the previous income info carries over from the AOS. There may or may not be ANOTHER interview here again proving your love for one another.

You will be required to add her to your bills, bank accounts and things like that to prove you are a legit couple and "co-mingling" assets for the AOS portion. It's not an easy process and if you're not in love I'm sure you'll find it rather irritating actually. Most of us have the knowledge we'll be with the person we love at the end of the long wait and that makes it more bearable.

That was perfect!!! :star:

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Oh by the way, she is from Germany, so what if she comes over on Visa waiver and then I apply for fiance or marriage visa?

I don't think anybody has answered this line. Trying this is a bad idea. Especially since this is an arranged marriage. You'll find lots of threads on here addressing this question. Some people are able to do it (find those threads for details of why), but if she arrives on the visa waiver program, intending to get married AND stay (she could leave immediately, and that would be legit, you'd still have to file for a spousal visa to bring her here later), that is visa fraud. Visa fraud is bad.

Also, please pay attention to the people mentioning that you will need to be able to prove that you can financially support her. Or you will need a co-sponsor. Are the people arranging this marriage willing to pay for her for the rest of their lives? Because that's the paper they or you will be signing. I would wait until you are more enthusiastic about this process.

I don't think anybody has answered this line. Trying this is a bad idea. Especially since this is an arranged marriage. You'll find lots of threads on here addressing this question. Some people are able to do it (find those threads for details of why), but if she arrives on the visa waiver program, intending to get married AND stay (she could leave immediately, and that would be legit, you'd still have to file for a spousal visa to bring her here later), that is visa fraud. Visa fraud is bad.

Also, please pay attention to the people mentioning that you will need to be able to prove that you can financially support her. Or you will need a co-sponsor. Are the people arranging this marriage willing to pay for her for the rest of their lives? Because that's the paper they or you will be signing. I would wait until you are more enthusiastic about this process.

I don't think that is what he is asking. I think he meant whether she can come on the VWP so they can meet in person, then she goes back and he petitions for fiance visa or spousal visa (if they married while she visited). The key here is that he asked if she can come on the VWP so he can petition for her fiance/spousal visa, NOT if she can come on the VWP and marry and adjust status (which of course would be visa fraud).

Edited by Lainie B

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I used my income tax money to get to Senegal to meet my fiance. If this person is "the one", you will jump through hoops of fire to get there. Maybe think about a second job. :yes:

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

I used my income tax money to get to Senegal to meet my fiance. If this person is "the one", you will jump through hoops of fire to get there. Maybe think about a second job. :yes:

good.gif

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.