Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

I'm back again.

Thankfully, our file has come out of AP at NVC and should be winging its way to London shortly.

I have my fiance's 3 years of tax receipts and some recent pay stubs - I can't get an employer's letter as he owns his own company and would be writing the letter himself! As he has plenty of income to support me, do I really need recent current (checking) account bank statements? It's just that, in a gesture of commitment last year, he closed his checking account and we opened one together. It means that any statement has both our names on it - I just wonder whether that will look strange? Co-mingling of finances usually happens after marriage, not before! He has a statement of his investments which is in his sole name. Would that be better (or needed)?

Thanks.

I'm back again.

Thankfully, our file has come out of AP at NVC and should be winging its way to London shortly.

I have my fiance's 3 years of tax receipts and some recent pay stubs - I can't get an employer's letter as he owns his own company and would be writing the letter himself! As he has plenty of income to support me, do I really need recent current (checking) account bank statements? It's just that, in a gesture of commitment last year, he closed his checking account and we opened one together. It means that any statement has both our names on it - I just wonder whether that will look strange? Co-mingling of finances usually happens after marriage, not before! He has a statement of his investments which is in his sole name. Would that be better (or needed)?

Thanks.

You should be OK with just the tax transcripts and pay stubs for the interview. Save the bank account/investment details for when you file the adjustment of status package.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi can anyone asssit me as to who completes the below noted forms, I am the Uk citizen and my fiancee is US, My son is also moving to the states with me and is on my application, I have a letter from his father in the Uk allowing us to relocate permanently to the US, this letter has been notorised?

• Form DS-230 Part I and Part II
  • Form DS-156 (2 copies)
  • Form DS-157 (2 copies)
  • Form DS-156-K

thank you

Anne

Timeline

Hi can anyone asssit me as to who completes the below noted forms, I am the Uk citizen and my fiancee is US, My son is also moving to the states with me and is on my application, I have a letter from his father in the Uk allowing us to relocate permanently to the US, this letter has been notorised?

• Form DS-230 Part I and Part II
  • Form DS-156 (2 copies)
  • Form DS-157 (2 copies)
  • Form DS-156-K

thank you

Anne

Hi Anne,

You complete them and just a little word of warning although DS part II is not technically needed for a K1 there are a few of us including myself who have recently been asked for them at the interview so it might be a good idea to take just in case. Glad to hear you got your notarised letter sorted!

KLB

• Form DS-230 Part I and Part II you, son
  • Form DS-156 (2 copies) you, son
  • Form DS-157 (2 copies) you, son
  • Form DS-156-K you

Based on the London instructions:

Step One

Complete the Form DS-230-Part 1, Form DS-156 and DS-157 for each family member applying for a visa. In addition, the principal applicant is also required to complete form DS-156K. Note: Forms DS-156 and DS-157 must be completed in duplicate. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it with a N/A. The completed form(s) should be mailed to the Immigrant Visa Unit. See "Contact and Mailing Address" on the right-hand side of the page. Note: The failure to return the forms promptly will delay the processing of your application.

Source http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Thank you all so much, I can make a start on these very soon,

Thanks for the tip KLB, got you message also, thanks so much, I have another query which part of the process do we send off my usa fiancée's tax transcripts and his letter from his employer,

Anne

Thank you all so much, I can make a start on these very soon,

Thanks for the tip KLB, got you message also, thanks so much, I have another query which part of the process do we send off my usa fiancée's tax transcripts and his letter from his employer,

Anne

Looks like you are not due a NOA2 until August/Sept. Plan for him to send it to you (with the I-134) mid August or whenever the petition is approved. You turn it in at the interview, so you've got a couple of months past NOA2 to receive it. . That way it is fresher info. The 2012 tax transcript won't change, but an employer letter written closer to the interview time is more assurance that he is still employed, etc. Just my opinion that at a November interview, a May employer letter might look a little stale.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Thank you, so this information and forms come with me to the interview,after I receive packet 3, can you advise what information we have to send with the NVC?

Sorry with all the questions my fiancée works 28 days out of the usa and has 28 days at home we just want to try to be prepared in advance as the chances are the letters will arrive when he is at work and they could be there for a my month until he gets home

Anne

Thank you, so this information and forms come with me to the interview,after I receive packet 3, can you advise what information we have to send with the NVC?

Sorry with all the questions my fiancée works 28 days out of the usa and has 28 days at home we just want to try to be prepared in advance as the chances are the letters will arrive when he is at work and they could be there for a my month until he gets home

Anne

You don't send anything to NVC. If you will read post #1 in this thread, there is a list of things to get ready about the time of your NOA2. I think it is post #6 that explains packet 3. Further on the next page is a copy of the letter London sends. You've got months to start reading this thread from the beginning and picking up info so when it's time, you will be familiar. There is also a brief summary of what happens from a post yesterday for a guy who is really lost. It's here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428857-my-full-story/?p=6211218

DS-xxx Forms are mailed to the embassy. Only the forms. Nothing attached.

Documents go to the interview.

I'm sure that is stated several times in this thread. Just plow through it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

thank you so much, I am going to print this thread and highlight all the sections that I need to refer to, I know I have such a long way to go but I think if I get organised the time might pass a little quicker

Anne

thank you so much, I am going to print this thread and highlight all the sections that I need to refer to, I know I have such a long way to go but I think if I get organised the time might pass a little quicker

Anne

There's a lot of idle chit/chat in here too. Maybe cut/paste the good things that will fit your situation into a Word document to build some notes??

I don't think I've ever posted my phone list I built during the process each time I ran across a new useful number. Start your notes with this--

USCIS 1-800-375-5283 customer service

DOS 202-663-1225 press 1, then 0

NVC 603-334-0700 Press 1 for English, 5 to talk to someone

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EST). Best time to call is 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM and 10:00 PM to 12:00 PM.

London Embassy 0800 027 0051

Knightsbridge clinic 020 7486 7822

Courier 0870 950 1760 or 01604 496 798 (that first number may be old or it may be the special insider number I got from them where they could call the driver and see where he was. I had some problems with them and they gave me a number,)

Customs & Border Protection 703-526-4200 or 1-877-CBP-5511, press 0

FBI 304-625-5590 (during AOS if you're dying to know your fingerprints were accepted)

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

There's a lot of idle chit/chat in here too. Maybe cut/paste the good things that will fit your situation into a Word document to build some notes??

I don't think I've ever posted my phone list I built during the process each time I ran across a new useful number. Start your notes with this--

USCIS 1-800-375-5283 customer service

DOS 202-663-1225 press 1, then 0

NVC 603-334-0700 Press 1 for English, 5 to talk to someone

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EST). Best time to call is 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM and 10:00 PM to 12:00 PM.

London Embassy 0800 027 0051

Knightsbridge clinic 020 7486 7822

Courier 0870 950 1760 or 01604 496 798 (that first number may be old or it may be the special insider number I got from them where they could call the driver and see where he was. I had some problems with them and they gave me a number,)

Customs & Border Protection 703-526-4200 or 1-877-CBP-5511, press 0

FBI 304-625-5590 (during AOS if you're dying to know your fingerprints were accepted)

Thanks for that Nich-Nick. Lots of useful information there. But just to say that NVC are open Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time). Someone got confused in another thread and thought that NVC were only open for 5 hours a day - they're not, they're open for 17 hours! You no longer need to press 5 to get a human - the only option now is to speak to a human, which is why you often end up hanging on for some time.

Edited by Anna Grant

Courier collections 0871 562 6666 (if you have to send your passport back to the embassy)

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Thanks for that Nich-Nick. Lots of useful information there. But just to say that NVC are open Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time). Someone got confused in another thread and thought that NVC were only open for 5 hours a day - they're not, they're open for 17 hours! You no longer need to press 5 to get a human - the only option now is to speak to a human, which is why you often end up hanging on for some time.

Thanks. Yes I knew it was midnight. I haven't called them in years. Just an old list and probably why I haven't posted it.12 am is midnight. Right? Maybe we should modify the list. Who wants to call the FBI and verify?? Hahaha Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Thank you so much for this information especially the phone numbers they are so helpful, I have made all my notes back to sitting and waiting for the time to pass and wait for August /sept

Thanks again

Anne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.