Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Oh yay for you. It's so reassuring to finally have a date. I really, really hope you are there for the homecoming. Does he have an exact date yet?

He doesn't have an exact date himself yet but it will be the beginning of March. As long as I can work my 4 weeks notice and get there then im happy :D

We managed to skype last night for 3 hours!! Longest convo we've had since he deployed. I miss him so much but I'm just so happy I have an interview date!

96 days between NOA1 and Interview...not bad :)

He doesn't have an exact date himself yet but it will be the beginning of March. As long as I can work my 4 weeks notice and get there then im happy :D

We managed to skype last night for 3 hours!! Longest convo we've had since he deployed. I miss him so much but I'm just so happy I have an interview date!

96 days between NOA1 and Interview...not bad :)

So happy for you! Congratulations! Here's hoping the email I sent works just as well :-)

Oh my goodness!!! With me saying that, I check my email to find that I have an email giving me an interview date of February 5th!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

Thank you for all your help throughout the whole process everyone - especially NichNick!

So happy for you! Congratulations! Here's hoping the email I sent works just as well :-)

Oh my goodness!!! With me saying that, I check my email to find that I have an email giving me an interview date of February 5th!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

Thank you for all your help throughout the whole process everyone - especially NichNick!

Woop! They must have been busy sending out emails today lol Congratulations!

Yes thanks Nich-Nick from me as well! If it wasn't for you I would never have got so far!

Same date as me :)

Edited by mindthegap

CR1 / DCF (London): 2012 / 2013 (4 months from I-130 petition to visa in hand)

I-751 #1- April 2015 [Denied]

April 2015 : I-751 Joint filing package sent fedex next day 09:00am from UK ($lots - thanks). 
Jan 2017: Notification that an interview has been scheduled at a local office. Bizarrely still no RFE... 
Jan 2017: 2hr wait, then interview terminated before it began, due to moving my ID to another state 2 wks prior. New interview 'in a few months...maybe.'   Informed them that divorce proceedings are underway, but not finalised at this time. 
March 2017: An Interview was scheduled - marked as no-show as they didn't actually send out a notification of interview. FML 
April  2017: Filed an official complaint with the ombudsman, and have requested Senator & Congressman assistance
August 2017: Interview - switched to a (finalised) divorce waiver. Told that decision will be made that afternoon, but no problems foreseen with my case. 
October 2017: Letter of Denial received - reason given as 'I-751 petition was not properly filed'. Discovered ex-spouse made false allegations to USCIS in 2015. No opportunity given to review & refute allegations  - contrary to USCIS policy.

I-751 #2 - Oct 2017 - Mar 2021[Denied] 

October 2017: Within 72hrs of receiving denial notice, a new waiver I-751, divorce decree & $680 cheque, sent to Vermont via FedEx overnight 9am priority.  
Dec 2019: Filed FOIA request for full A# file
Feb 2020: FOIA request completed - entire A# file received as a .PDF; 197 pages fully redacted, and 80 partially redacted. Don't waste your time!
March 2021: I-751 #2 denied for lack of evidence. No RFE, no interview, and evidence in previous I-751 not reviewed - contrary to policy. Huge errors in adjudication.

N-400 - Feb 2018 - Apr 2021 [Denied]

February 2018: N-400 filed online.  $725 paid to the USCIS paperwork wastage fund

February  2019: Interview - cancelled after a four hour wait due to 'missing paperwork' on their end. Promised Expedited reschedule.

March 2021: Interview letter received, strangely dated after I-751 denial. No I-751 interview conducted. N-400 interview and test passed, given 'cannot make a decision at this time' paper due to the ongoing I-751 nightmare...

April 2021: N-400 denial received citing recent I-751 denial as basis for ineligibility, even though it should have been a combo interview 🤯

I AM JACK'S COMPLETE LACK OF SURPRISE

Service Motion - March 2021 [Sent via FedEx & COMPLETELY IGNORED by USCIS]

March 2021: Service Motion request sent overnight addressed direectly to field office director, requesting urgent review and re-opening, based on errors in adjudication - citing USCIS policy, AFM and memorandums as basis for errors. This was completely ignored by USCIS.

I-751 #3 - June 2021 - Jan 2024 [Denied]

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY

June 2021: I-751 #3 (30+lbs/5000 pages of paperwork) & another $680 sent to USCIS via FedEx ($300+..thanks) .... 

June 2021: Receipt issued, card charged, biometrics waived, infopass scheduled for I-551 stamp number ten.....

Feb 2022: RFIE (no, not an RFE, a Request For Initial Evidence) received, for copies of the divorce paperwork that they already have 😑

July 2022: Infopass for I-551 stamp number eleven.....

August 2023: Infopass for I-551 stamp number twelve....

January 2024: Denial received, ignoring the overwhelming majority of the filing, abundance of evidence, and refutation of a provably false allegation. The denial also contradicts itself in multiple places, as if it was written by someone with an IQ <50.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2024: FML. Seriously. I'm done. 

After many emails and phone calls i was appointed an interview date, i got an email on thrusday (24th) saying i could have an interview for the next day at 10am, i accepted and to cut a long story short, i was approved by 12:00 the following day !!! :D

My review can be found here http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=11361

Sorry if its a bit long.

I have to say thankyou to everybody on here and of course a special thankyou to LeftCoastLady and Nich-Nick, you guys made this whole thing 10000x times easier, you guys should get paid for the help you give !

Now i can start the next part of my journey, but that will be much easier due to the fact i will be a married man living with the love of my life :)

Edited by Lewis F

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anybody know about how long it's taking now to have the interview after you've sent the forms? I've looked at the stats and its saying there's about 90 days after the NOA2 before the interview, but that doesn't really tell you much. It's been about 1/2 that time for us and we'll be sending the forms Monday or Tuesday.

Not sure if it matters but this is relating to the K1.

Edited by HollyandSim

AOS to K1

04/30/14 RECEIVED

05/15/14 ACCEPTED FINGERPRINT FEE

07/12/14 EAD/AP

08/13/14 NPIW

04/03/15 RFE FOR MEDICAL AND VACCINATION (I-693)

06/29/15 RFE DUE DATE

07/11/15 EAD/AP EXPIRATION

Does anybody know about how long it's taking now to have the interview after you've sent the forms? I've looked at the stats and its saying there's about 90 days after the NOA2 before the interview, but that doesn't really tell you much. It's been about 1/2 that time for us and we'll be sending the forms Monday or Tuesday.

Not sure if it matters but this is relating to the K1.

I cant speak for everybody here but it took about 55 days for me to get an interview after sending my forms in, but there was Christmas in the middle too, so hopefully things might be a bit quicker now.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

After many emails and phone calls i was appointed an interview date, i got an email on thrusday (24th) saying i could have an interview for the next day at 10am, i accepted and to cut a long story short, i was approved by 12:00 the following day !!! :D

My review can be found here http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=11361

Sorry if its a bit long.

I have to say thankyou to everybody on here and of course a special thankyou to LeftCoastLady and Nich-Nick, you guys made this whole thing 10000x times easier, you guys should get paid for the help you give !

Now i can start the next part of my journey, but that will be much easier due to the fact i will be a married man living with the love of my life :)

Really happy for you Lewis :D Thanks for writing the review too - I wish there was a way of calming nerves before this thing but I was shaking just waiting in the waiting room at the medical lol I'm going to be a wreck at the interview :/

Anyways, I sent my forms back last week so that they would arrive at the embassy on the same day as my medical results.. now back to the waiting game.. Thanks to everyone in this thread for the invaluable advice and support :star:

AOS Timeline

7th Oct 2013 - Mailed I-485 package

15th Oct 2013 - NOA1 hard copy

4th Nov 2013 - RFE

8th Nov 2013 - Biometrics

13th Jan 2014 - USCIS confirmed receipt of returned RFE evidence

27th Jan 2014 - Received EAD card

Feb 2014 - Received potential interview waiver letter

19th July 2014 - AOS approved, green card in production :D

Timeline

Just checking, the full list from travel.state.gov shows the following vaccinations:

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

Influenza

Influenza type b (Hib)

Measles

Meningococcal

Mumps

Pneumococcal

Pertussis

Polio

Rotavirus

Rubella

Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

Varicella

Above you only list 4 of these, are the others non essential?

Also regarding Varicella, will I need to somehow prove that I have had it for the AOS or they will take my word for it there also?

Many thanks,

Owen

Just checking, the full list from travel.state.gov shows the following vaccinations:

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

Influenza

Influenza type b (Hib)

Measles

Meningococcal

Mumps

Pneumococcal

Pertussis

Polio

Rotavirus

Rubella

Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

Varicella

Above you only list 4 of these, are the others non essential?

Also regarding Varicella, will I need to somehow prove that I have had it for the AOS or they will take my word for it there also?

Many thanks,

Owen

Most of those shots are for babies. The age appropriate ones for over 19 years of age are explained in the first post of this thread. Varicella is the only shot that they will accept a self-reported case of chickenpox at the panel physician (abroad) or civil surgeon (US).

When you go to Knightsbridge, they will mark your DS-3025 immunization part of the medical results with VH meaning varicella history. That covers you. If you get the MMR, Tdap, and flu shot recorded on the DS-3025 as well as the VH, then you are set for AOS. You will not have to pay a civil surgeon to fill out an I-693 immunization form. If you have even one thing missing, you will have to get the I-693 filled out before AOS. It can be a hassle and expensive. Don't believe the Knightsbridge nurse if she says, "you are missing an MMR, but just get it at your GP and send proof with your AOS." The USCIS does not accept notes from your GP. They accept government forms from approved panel physicians (Knightsbridge in the UK) or approved civil surgeons in the US.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

What time? I have mine at 9am...?

08:30

CR1 / DCF (London): 2012 / 2013 (4 months from I-130 petition to visa in hand)

I-751 #1- April 2015 [Denied]

April 2015 : I-751 Joint filing package sent fedex next day 09:00am from UK ($lots - thanks). 
Jan 2017: Notification that an interview has been scheduled at a local office. Bizarrely still no RFE... 
Jan 2017: 2hr wait, then interview terminated before it began, due to moving my ID to another state 2 wks prior. New interview 'in a few months...maybe.'   Informed them that divorce proceedings are underway, but not finalised at this time. 
March 2017: An Interview was scheduled - marked as no-show as they didn't actually send out a notification of interview. FML 
April  2017: Filed an official complaint with the ombudsman, and have requested Senator & Congressman assistance
August 2017: Interview - switched to a (finalised) divorce waiver. Told that decision will be made that afternoon, but no problems foreseen with my case. 
October 2017: Letter of Denial received - reason given as 'I-751 petition was not properly filed'. Discovered ex-spouse made false allegations to USCIS in 2015. No opportunity given to review & refute allegations  - contrary to USCIS policy.

I-751 #2 - Oct 2017 - Mar 2021[Denied] 

October 2017: Within 72hrs of receiving denial notice, a new waiver I-751, divorce decree & $680 cheque, sent to Vermont via FedEx overnight 9am priority.  
Dec 2019: Filed FOIA request for full A# file
Feb 2020: FOIA request completed - entire A# file received as a .PDF; 197 pages fully redacted, and 80 partially redacted. Don't waste your time!
March 2021: I-751 #2 denied for lack of evidence. No RFE, no interview, and evidence in previous I-751 not reviewed - contrary to policy. Huge errors in adjudication.

N-400 - Feb 2018 - Apr 2021 [Denied]

February 2018: N-400 filed online.  $725 paid to the USCIS paperwork wastage fund

February  2019: Interview - cancelled after a four hour wait due to 'missing paperwork' on their end. Promised Expedited reschedule.

March 2021: Interview letter received, strangely dated after I-751 denial. No I-751 interview conducted. N-400 interview and test passed, given 'cannot make a decision at this time' paper due to the ongoing I-751 nightmare...

April 2021: N-400 denial received citing recent I-751 denial as basis for ineligibility, even though it should have been a combo interview 🤯

I AM JACK'S COMPLETE LACK OF SURPRISE

Service Motion - March 2021 [Sent via FedEx & COMPLETELY IGNORED by USCIS]

March 2021: Service Motion request sent overnight addressed direectly to field office director, requesting urgent review and re-opening, based on errors in adjudication - citing USCIS policy, AFM and memorandums as basis for errors. This was completely ignored by USCIS.

I-751 #3 - June 2021 - Jan 2024 [Denied]

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY

June 2021: I-751 #3 (30+lbs/5000 pages of paperwork) & another $680 sent to USCIS via FedEx ($300+..thanks) .... 

June 2021: Receipt issued, card charged, biometrics waived, infopass scheduled for I-551 stamp number ten.....

Feb 2022: RFIE (no, not an RFE, a Request For Initial Evidence) received, for copies of the divorce paperwork that they already have 😑

July 2022: Infopass for I-551 stamp number eleven.....

August 2023: Infopass for I-551 stamp number twelve....

January 2024: Denial received, ignoring the overwhelming majority of the filing, abundance of evidence, and refutation of a provably false allegation. The denial also contradicts itself in multiple places, as if it was written by someone with an IQ <50.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2024: FML. Seriously. I'm done. 

Timeline

I have a quick question regarding some of these forms during this process.

With the sections regarding current and past employment. If for some reason, god forbid, that I (the beneficiary) lost my current job through one way or another while the whole process is going on, will that cause a problem? Would it require contacting the appropriate authority to notify them of the change?

Current Status: AOS - Processing

Happily Married Dec 6th 2013 <3

I have a quick question regarding some of these forms during this process.

With the sections regarding current and past employment. If for some reason, god forbid, that I (the beneficiary) lost my current job through one way or another while the whole process is going on, will that cause a problem? Would it require contacting the appropriate authority to notify them of the change?

No. Always put the most current info on the form du jour. If something changes by the time you interview, inform the interviewer or if you really, really want to be pedantic, take a newly filled out form with the updates. That would be embassy forms, not going back to the petition forms. Having a job doesn't really matter. Having a job making bombs might interest them and get you additional processing at the embassy level for security concerns.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.