Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

BTW - your file will continue to say 'Ready' on CEAC until after your interview now. It will change to 'Administrative Processing' whilst it is going thrrough the issuing process and then change to 'Issued'.

Currently all that will change on your CEAC file is the 'touched' date.

This was the situation 8 weeks ago.

Edited by Anna Grant

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

BTW - your file will continue to say 'Ready' on CEAC until after your interview now. It will change to 'Administrative Processing' whilst it is going thrrough the issuing process and then change to 'Issued'.

Currently all that will change on your CEAC file is the 'touched' date.

This was the situation 8 weeks ago.

I understand this but DOS is saying in their system it's still in transit and the ready status is a cliche in the system it shouldn't be ready because the hard copy according to them has not been processed or arrived yet. Only the electronic notification that our case is on it's way. So I'm afraid that if we book our medical and go the 15th. If they don't have our case in the system we will pay over 200 pounds for nothing. This just through me off and confused me. They said I should rcv an invitation letter with our interview date and take it to the medical. after we send packet 3 back this letter will be sent. We have not rcvd packet 3. Is this invitation in packet 3 or 4?

Edited by VisaParaUnSueno

Packet 3 letter asks you to go to the Embassy website (something like IV-15.HTML) and follow the instructions for the gorms that need to be completed.

Packet 4 is the interview letter telling you the date of your interview.

In the unlikely event that your medical results arrive at the Embassy before your case is registered, it may cause some confusion as your case number on your medical will not match a case they have registered.

Sorry, I'm on my cellphone so can't tell. Are you a K1?

Edited by Anna Grant

Timeline

Packet 3 letter asks you to go to the Embassy website (something like IV-15.HTML) and follow the instructions for the gorms that need to be completed.

Packet 4 is the interview letter telling you the date of your interview.

In the unlikely event that your medical results arrive at the Embassy before your case is registered, it may cause some confusion as your case number on your medical will not match a case they have registered.

Sorry, I'm on my cellphone so can't tell. Are you a K1?

Yes, I am a K-1. The interview letter; is that the letter we need to take to the Medical? Because based on what DOS told me today; my case is only in the Embassy Electronically but not the hard copy. The last update was on July 31st 2013; it seems like the hard copy is still on it's way or has not been processed. They said my status should not be in Ready on the CEAC website, that's what it's showing; since the hard copy is not complete, and it seems to be a cliche in the system... 0_o They said I will not rcv packet 3 until the hard copy is in... I thought it was based on the ready status on the website and the tracking of my DHL packet... but after this I feel like it's not completely ready for us to have the medical on August 15th.

Thank you for trying to help.

Edited by VisaParaUnSueno

OK. As long as you are a K1 you do not need a letter to take to the medical.

You need to take your police certificate, any vaccination records, passport photo (either UK or US size) and the means to pay about 240 pounds (debit or credit card).

Timeline

OK. As long as you are a K1 you do not need a letter to take to the medical.

You need to take your police certificate, any vaccination records, passport photo (either UK or US size) and the means to pay about 240 pounds (debit or credit card).

So there is no problem if they receive his results before the hard copy is processed? I would hate for him to have to retake them again and pay double. I just want to make sure they have his information before we do. And the people at DOS told me he needs that invitation letter with him... :( I'm sorry if I'm redundant it's just like who do you believe or side with more DOS or my fellow VJ's lol Thank you so much for you help. Do you know if the London Embassy actually has a contact number to talk to a live person? or just that switch board?

Thank you again! :)

Have the medical on the 15th.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Have the medical on the 15th.

Okay... I'm just a bit nervous after all this... 0_o thank you for taking the time to read and reply. I want to contact the US Embassy in London but my question is; is that number on the Consular section on here or the website is it to reach a live rep, I don't mind paying $ or will I only get a operator/automated system? I think if I call and ask if the case is there, that would make me feel a whole lot better about having the Medical even after what DOS told me.

Timeline
Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: Case Creation Date: 19-Jul-2013 Status Updated Date: 06-Aug-2013
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.
Okay it changed again I hope this is the hard copy!!! :) I will call DOS and find out what they say!!! Keep posted. Good day fellow VJ's God is good!

Is it worth calling the Embassy and asking them when they'll log my forms? What number can I call the Embassy on? There's some on the website but I'm not sure if they're those rubbish call centre ones. I want to be sure they've not lost them.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Timeline
Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: Case Creation Date: 19-Jul-2013 Status Updated Date: 06-Aug-2013
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.
Okay it changed again I hope this is the hard copy!!! smile.png I will call DOS and find out what they say!!! Keep posted. Good day fellow VJ's God is good!

Silly question but how may times has it changed?

Timeline

So ANOTHER DAY with NO letter... I don't know what to do sad.png I hate waiting

I don't know who to call and my fiance isn't stressing as much as me sad.png

No letter yet for us either..I don't get it. Are you far from London? My fiance lives not too far away from Cardiff and it's a few hours from London but they supposedly mailed it last Friday...that's a long time. :( Starting to think it was lost...but maybe since you and kiwi haven't received it yet either, maybe they updated the system to mail and they sat for a few days unmailed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I live quite far up north, and my packet 3 arrived next day after issue.

K1 Timeline

02-22-2013: I-129F to VSC

02-28-2013: NOA1

06-10-2013: NOA2 (102 days)

08-16-2013: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2013: Visa in hand

09-14-2013: POE Houston

10-30-2013: Married!

AOS Timeline

12-10-2013: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

12-16-2013: NOA1 x 3

01-02-2014: Biometrics

02-24-2014: EAD/AP Approved

03-04-2014: Received EAD/AP

03-10-2014: Interview - Approved!

03-18-2014: Received GC

ROC Timeline

12-12-2015: I-751 to CSC

12-17-2015: NOA1

01-14-2016: Biometrics

05-19-2016: Approved!

N-400 Timeline

03-14-2017: N-400 to Texas Lockbox

03-22-2017: NOA1

04-11-2017: Biometrics

04-20-2017: In Line For Interview

07-02-2018: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2018: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

No letter yet for us either..I don't get it. Are you far from London? My fiance lives not too far away from Cardiff and it's a few hours from London but they supposedly mailed it last Friday...that's a long time. sad.png Starting to think it was lost...but maybe since you and kiwi haven't received it yet either, maybe they updated the system to mail and they sat for a few days unmailed.

I live in the Midlands :(

How you know they mailed it on Friday?

I thought waiting for it to be approved would kill me but now waiting for the letter to come is killing me... I really wanted to go and see my fiance but we thought it be best to stay just in case..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.