Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

How long does it usually take for London to update CEAC? They signed for ours last Tuesday but CEAC still hasn't updated. Should we be calling DOS? Also, I asked on my cover letter that my US citizen fiance be allowed to attend the interview with me and could they e-mail me back just to confirm this, and I've had nothing.

Definitely call DOS to confirm they have your forms, even if it was signed for!

I sent my forms on 12th July (regular first class), CEAC was not updated and I didnt think much of it... until last week when I noticed people saying theirs had been updated a few days after they sent the forms so I called DOS - and they don't have any record of my forms! She said the last correspondence was when they sent Packet 3 on 8th July :(

So I re-sent them, signed for today but I will call DOS tomorrow to make sure they have them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Definitely call DOS to confirm they have your forms, even if it was signed for!

I sent my forms on 12th July (regular first class), CEAC was not updated and I didnt think much of it... until last week when I noticed people saying theirs had been updated a few days after they sent the forms so I called DOS - and they don't have any record of my forms! She said the last correspondence was when they sent Packet 3 on 8th July sad.png

So I re-sent them, signed for today but I will call DOS tomorrow to make sure they have them.

I know I should know by now what forms I should be sending to the London embassy but could you tell me again.

Im getting worried about my package three :( I hate waiting !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I know I should know by now what forms I should be sending to the London embassy but could you tell me again.

Im getting worried about my package three sad.png I hate waiting !

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/?p=5137390

K1 Timeline

02-22-2013: I-129F to VSC

02-28-2013: NOA1

06-10-2013: NOA2 (102 days)

08-16-2013: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2013: Visa in hand

09-14-2013: POE Houston

10-30-2013: Married!

AOS Timeline

12-10-2013: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

12-16-2013: NOA1 x 3

01-02-2014: Biometrics

02-24-2014: EAD/AP Approved

03-04-2014: Received EAD/AP

03-10-2014: Interview - Approved!

03-18-2014: Received GC

ROC Timeline

12-12-2015: I-751 to CSC

12-17-2015: NOA1

01-14-2016: Biometrics

05-19-2016: Approved!

N-400 Timeline

03-14-2017: N-400 to Texas Lockbox

03-22-2017: NOA1

04-11-2017: Biometrics

04-20-2017: In Line For Interview

07-02-2018: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2018: Oath Ceremony

This link is handy, it has everything outlined - http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

I sent off:

1. Cover letter + DS 2001

2. DS 230 Part 1

3. DS 156k

4. DS 156 (X2)

5. DS 157 (X2)

You can send your cover letter and readiness to interview either before or after your medical according to this thread. I originally sent it off mine before my Medical, but obviously now that I've resent them, they will probably get my medical results right along with my forms (my medical was on 1st Aug)

Good luck! :)

THank you so much... I need something to do or im going to drive myself crazy.

So I don't need to send anything from my fiance regarding his money.

No problem! You should definitely fill those forms out and have the ready to send as soon as you get your Packet 3 (and please do signed for - I really regretted not paying an extra £2!) I was advised to refer to my old forms in the 129F file, so all the forms and answers are consistent/same where they ask the same stuff over and over. Also have you got your Police cert?

You don't need the affidavit of support until the interview, which you bring with you on the day, here is the list/info- http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_interview_documents.html

Maybe get your Fiance to start working on it anyway, as it takes some time to get tax returns etc. Better to be as prepared as you can I say!

Timeline

I don't know how everyone else is feeling but I'm starting to get upset and frustrated that my letter from the London Embassy isn't here yet sad.png

Me either CnP, just came on to see if you'd gotten yours as we are on the same timeline. I got other (junk) mail but still no Embassy communication. I have all the packet 3 documentation ready to mail... I feel like sending it to them anyway and hoping it just crosses in the post and they think I'm just super fast! Its all so annoying.

I'm with you guys..post came early in Wales today and still no letter. Site shows our case wasn't updated since last Monday 7/29 and I know our forms and medical results have already arrived..I'm getting a bit nervous now that things are going to be lost. ugh.

Timeline

Update for my case - I see on the website, the last status update changed this afternoon to 8/5 so hopefully that means they logged our forms and/or medical results. Called DOS but they can't tell what it is yet..so I'll call tomorrow. smile.png Got another email from our congressman's office today and she said she sent another note then said "a plea" again today.

ETA - she asked if this was one that was closed and obviously London isn't on the list...but I couldn't help thinking of all the people who have waited so long for an interview and then the embassy is closed. obviously don't want to be there during a threat but it must be devastating to those people. :(

Edited by Jeannie & Al

I called DOS tonight and they said they don't have anything logged yet, but to give it another week because sometimes it takes a bit. How long does it usually take after the Embassy receiving them to have them logged?

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

No problem! You should definitely fill those forms out and have the ready to send as soon as you get your Packet 3 (and please do signed for - I really regretted not paying an extra £2!) I was advised to refer to my old forms in the 129F file, so all the forms and answers are consistent/same where they ask the same stuff over and over. Also have you got your Police cert?

You don't need the affidavit of support until the interview, which you bring with you on the day, here is the list/info- http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_interview_documents.html

Maybe get your Fiance to start working on it anyway, as it takes some time to get tax returns etc. Better to be as prepared as you can I say!

Also, remember that the I-134 will need a 'wet' signature from the petitioner, so build in the time it takes for that form to be posted from the US to the UK (assuming that the petitioner is currently in the US, that is).

Request 'tax transcript's rather than 'tax returns'. Tax transcripts show precisely what the IRS received - tax returns may or may not be what was precisely sent off (as we've found clearing out my MIL's house - we found a tax return for last year but she never sent it in!).

Tax transcripts can be requested here http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript but can only be mailed the address registered with the IRS.

I called DOS tonight and they said they don't have anything logged yet, but to give it another week because sometimes it takes a bit. How long does it usually take after the Embassy receiving them to have them logged?

I think in my experience in June, it was 7 days.

Timeline

I have an big issue my Fiance has a student visa and he is currently studying in the UK. If the K-1 does not work out for us for any reason plan B was for me to go live there while he studies and I can work. But he is also in the need to apply for his student visa that expires soon and they will need his passport.just like they will need his passport for the K-1. Is there anything I can provide like copies of his passport in the meantime? Is this something that can be explained to them while he gets his passport back? Or can they request it from the UK Border Agency? I'm really confused and a lot going on, I'm not sure what to do at this point. I wonder if they will understand or help me with this the US Embassy in London...

Please Help! Is there a number that we can call and talk to a live person at the London Embassy or is there just a switch board number? I have had no luck with an email either.

Timeline

Hello Fellow VJ's,

I called DOS today to find out what was the status change on my case dated July 31st 2013. I did the tracking system that was advised on here with the dates that my case left NVC. From that I concluded that my case was already there supposedly, especially after seeing my status change from Transit to Ready on the CEAC website.

The representative well the three I spoke to told me that the case is there electronically but the hard copy is still in transit their system says in Transit (DOS). They said especially with the K-1 visa's there has been cliches in the system. They told me that the case might be physically there but they have not processed all that documentation in the system or it could mean it's on it's way. They said once the hard copy is processed that is when the Embassy will contact my Fiance and send Packet 3. I asked about my medical and they said NO cancel because they need everything in packet 3 before they send him the invitation letter with an interview date and he will need this for the medical. My Fiance had scheduled an appt for August 15th. So to be on the safe side I feel like I should cancel because if it's not done before 3 business day there is and 95 pound canceling fee. So at this point I'm confused and not sure which info to go by the website or DOS...

Does anyone have any input, there might be others out there thinking that they will be receiving packet 3 soon but might not be the case...

Timeline

Hello Fellow VJ's,

I called DOS today to find out what was the status change on my case dated July 31st 2013. I did the tracking system that was advised on here with the dates that my case left NVC. From that I concluded that my case was already there supposedly, especially after seeing my status change from Transit to Ready on the CEAC website.

The representative well the three I spoke to told me that the case is there electronically but the hard copy is still in transit their system says in Transit (DOS). They said especially with the K-1 visa's there has been cliches in the system. They told me that the case might be physically there but they have not processed all that documentation in the system or it could mean it's on it's way. They said once the hard copy is processed that is when the Embassy will contact my Fiance and send Packet 3. I asked about my medical and they said NO cancel because they need everything in packet 3 before they send him the invitation letter with an interview date and he will need this for the medical. My Fiance had scheduled an appt for August 15th. So to be on the safe side I feel like I should cancel because if it's not done before 3 business day there is and 95 pound canceling fee. So at this point I'm confused and not sure which info to go by the website or DOS...

Does anyone have any input, there might be others out there thinking that they will be receiving packet 3 soon but might not be the case...

I'm now confuse :(

Does it say its 'Ready'? I've booked mine for the 19th but Im still waiting for packet 3 but my status was last updated on the 30 July saying 'READY' on the 26 July it always said 'READY' :(

Timeline

I'm now confuse sad.png

Does it say its 'Ready'? I've booked mine for the 19th but Im still waiting for packet 3 but my status was last updated on the 30 July saying 'READY' on the 26 July it always said 'READY' sad.png

Yes if I were you I would call DOS like I did.

Mine says this.

And they told me in their system it says in transit because the hard copy is not processed yet. The Embassy in London has only rcvd an electronic notification that our case is in the way. So that is the update... She said the case might be physically there but not processed yet that can be another possibility. Our medical was for August 15th but I think to be on the safe side we will cancel it until we know the hard copy is actually there or processed.

Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: Case Creation Date: 19-Jul-2013 Status Updated Date: 31-Jul-2013
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

Okay. My experience was 2 months ago but I had my medical before I hd received 'packet 3' letter. I also mailed the forms before receiving 'packet 3' letter. I knew from tracking my case that it had been received in London. It just had not been registered.

I took a chance that my forms and medical results would arrive at the Embassy around the time that they were due to send packet 3 letter and they did.

Obviously London seems a little screwed up at the moment but I would not cancel medicals. It will take at least 3 days for your results to get to thr Embassy anyway. There is a set order that London would like you to do things but I anticipated what would be happening and when.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.