Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our case was last touched 7/29 and DOS said they sent out Packet 3 and my fiance hasn't received it yet either...hoping it comes tomorrow. He's already had his medical and posted all the Packet 3 forms..I really hope they are not lost. The Embassy is supposed to send over his results today so hopefully his case will show that it's been touched again...

hopefully we all hear something soon. smile.png

I thought all the waiting would be offer but its not... I hate the feeling that they have our life's in the hands :(

Good luck to you and keep us posted... Hope it comes in the post soooooon

Does the CEAC website update when they get your Packet 3 forms? I sent mine 12th of July and nothing has been updated....I'm starting to think I should be worried as so many posts say theirs did update...I

I think someone here posted a free number to call the embassy? (Or some new process?) If anyone knows please help! :)

Thanks!

Does the CEAC website update when they get your Packet 3 forms? I sent mine 12th of July and nothing has been updated....I'm starting to think I should be worried as so many posts say theirs did update...I

I think someone here posted a free number to call the embassy? (Or some new process?) If anyone knows please help! smile.png

Thanks!

Try phoning DOS in the US on 1-202-663-1225. Ask them what is the last update they see on your file.

They don't have them! ok, panic attack starting now.

I had my medical yesterday, I guess its not too late to send them...

Do you think I should call the London branch to see if they did get them? The woman I spoke to says they are still waiting for my forms :|

(I didnt get signed for, which, in hindsight was stupid of me)

They don't have them! ok, panic attack starting now.

I had my medical yesterday, I guess its not too late to send them...

Do you think I should call the London branch to see if they did get them? The woman I spoke to says they are still waiting for my forms :|

(I didnt get signed for, which, in hindsight was stupid of me)

OK. Don't panic. Did you send a covering letter? If so, go back and edit it to say that you completed your medical on 1 August (rather than you have booked it for 1 August). Print off the forms again, ensure you sign the ones that need to be signed and get down the post office and send it by Special Delivery 1pm - http://www.royalmail.com/personal/uk-delivery/special-delivery?intcampaignid=CLT_0613_LP_19 I suggest sending it tomorrow morning as there will be no one to sign for it on Saturday at the Embassy. By sending it tomorrow morning, it will be delivered to the Embassy by 1pm on Monday.

You probably haven't lost any time as the Embassy wouldn't start to anything with your file until they receive the results of your medical and they won't get that until Monday or Tuesday next week.

Have you sent the DS-2001 (readiness form)?

P.S. It's annoying but at least you now know that they don't have your forms.

Edited by Anna Grant

Yeah i sent everything on the 12th;

• DS-2001 + cover letter (stating when my medical is)

• DS-230-I (Part 1)

• DS-156 (x2)

• DS-156k

• DS-157 (x2)

Ugh, so annoying, I feel really silly for not getting it signed for...I just don't understand but I guess these things happen. So glad I called!

Luckily, as I sent them off on the 12th, I made a replica of all the forms...so I can just use that.

Thanks for your help!

...Just when I thought it was over with the forms and everything was going smoothly :(

is this the UK number that costs £1.50a min? Switchboard: [44] (0)20 7499-9000

http://london.usembassy.gov/ukaddres.html

I feel like I should call London embassy to double check? or is the DOS pretty up to date?

is this the UK number that costs £1.50a min? Switchboard: [44] (0)20 7499-9000

http://london.usembassy.gov/ukaddres.html

I feel like I should call London embassy to double check? or is the DOS pretty up to date?

That is the switchboard number, so won't cost 1.50 a minute. It was the call center which cost $1.23 a minute but I believe that may have been disbanded.

By all means phone the switchboard but be aware that you may be passed from person to person. They should be open until 5:30pm.

DOS are usually pretty up to date with things.

Timeline

I'm getting a little nervous that our stuff is going to be lost..packet 3 was supposedly mailed on 7/29 which is the last day our case shows it was touched...we haven't received packet 3 letter yet our forms also arrived 7/29 and our medical results should have arrived today but it's still reading last touched 7/29. I'm thinking if DOS is right and Packet 3 was sent, nothing should be lost because at least we are in their system...ugh. this waiting is tough some days... :(

Hopefully you'll get packet 3 today...

When I spoke to the dos woman, she said my letter was sent 8th of July which was odd cus the first time it updated, it showed 9th July, hence my timeline update. Maybe you should callbto double check?

I'm mailing my stuff again today :-(

Timeline

When I spoke to the dos woman, she said my letter was sent 8th of July which was odd cus the first time it updated, it showed 9th July, hence my timeline update. Maybe you should callbto double check?

Any luck with package three

Timeline

sorry you have to do that but it's probably a good idea just to be safe :)

we didn't get it today either...I called DOS again yesterday and they confirmed it was mailed but we just haven't gotten it yet. At least I know it was mailed and we are in their system but now we hope he gets it Monday..and that our congressman's office gets them to review the forms and medical results and schedule an interview...more waiting - ugh. getting close though so trying to stay positive :)

Both the 2 above timelines are very similar to my own, I got packet 3 Friday 2nd aug so yours should be there any time. I assume it's packet 3 anyway, I have not seen it but something arrived from IVU blah blah so I imagine thats what it is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.