Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Well we got a letter from the Embassy (my congressman's office did) with a lecture about how we shouldn't have booked anything, and that they don't see how it's possible to meet 8/9, etc. and that he's not logged in the system yet..which I don't think is true. The PO tried to deliver something today that required a signature which he will pick up tomorrow and I think it's the Packet 3 letter.

Our case number shows as last touched on Monday, 7/29 - and I think our case arrived Tues/Wed of last week. Our forms also arrived last on 7/29. We should be getting the new police cert that we can email tomorrow and then the doctors said they'd send everything over...we know we are not going to make our family trip in Cape Cod but we don't want them to say our date is missed so put them to the bottom so we asked her to re-emphasize my dad's illness and if they can still consider him for an interview asap.

I love this woman from our congressman's office -she was undeterred by their letter and sent yet another plea with the updated info..I may need to send her some flowers or something when this is all done regardless of how it goes. ..that wouldn't be inappropriate would it?

hey- look who is here! how did the move go? smile.png

Odd that you'd require a signature for Packet 3. Ours just got put through the letter box in our front door like any other letter, and it said "United States of America - Official Business" on the front. No signature or anything.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What you mean by you shouldnt have booked anything?

Well we got a letter from the Embassy (my congressman's office did) with a lecture about how we shouldn't have booked anything, and that they don't see how it's possible to meet 8/9, etc. and that he's not logged in the system yet..which I don't think is true. The PO tried to deliver something today that required a signature which he will pick up tomorrow and I think it's the Packet 3 letter.

Our case number shows as last touched on Monday, 7/29 - and I think our case arrived Tues/Wed of last week. Our forms also arrived last on 7/29. We should be getting the new police cert that we can email tomorrow and then the doctors said they'd send everything over...we know we are not going to make our family trip in Cape Cod but we don't want them to say our date is missed so put them to the bottom so we asked her to re-emphasize my dad's illness and if they can still consider him for an interview asap.

I love this woman from our congressman's office -she was undeterred by their letter and sent yet another plea with the updated info..I may need to send her some flowers or something when this is all done regardless of how it goes. ..that wouldn't be inappropriate would it?

hey- look who is here! how did the move go? smile.png

What you mean by you shouldnt have booked anything?

She shouldn't have booked a wedding. The helpful lady is trying to push London to expedite an interview because her wedding is August 9. It isn't really, but she wanted him there for a family trip.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Check the CEAC site first to see when the last update was nd that phone DOS and ask 'My file was updated on 30 July. Can you tell me why it was updated please?' Sorry - can't give you phone number as on my cellphone. Search DOS under advanced search here and you will find it.

Check the CEAC site first to see when the last update was nd that phone DOS and ask 'My file was updated on 30 July. Can you tell me why it was updated please?' Sorry - can't give you phone number as on my cellphone. Search DOS under advanced search here and you will find it.

Oops - sorry double post. Darn cellphone.

Timeline

Oops - sorry double post. Darn cellphone.

Thank you :)

It was last updated on the 30th July and before that 26th July. My case was created on the 18th July, I was praying to GOD I'd get the letter today BUT nothing :(... But Im going to call about my medical my fiance thinks I shouldnt do book my medical until I get the letter,,, NOT sure what to do :(

Thank you smile.png

It was last updated on the 30th July and before that 26th July. My case was created on the 18th July, I was praying to GOD I'd get the letter today BUT nothing sad.png... But Im going to call about my medical my fiance thinks I shouldnt do book my medical until I get the letter,,, NOT sure what to do sad.png

CnP you have exactly the same dates as me. On the 30th we called and were told that it meant the packet 3 letter was in the mail - I didn't get it yesterday, maybe it'll arrive today, my postman delivers around early afternoon here. But I am a bundle of nerves every time i hear my letterflap clang and run downstairs to find another pizza delivery leaflet.

I have already got my case number by calling DOS on 22 July - with this I booked the Medical(s). You not need to wait to receive the packet 3 letter to book your medical - do it now if you want - theres no reason not to, they have a two week wait for an appointment anyway.

Timeline

Who did you call to find out if the package was in the mail?( Sorry, for all the questions)

Sadly I didn't get it today and I feel I'm pulling my hair our :(

This waiting is killing me :(

CnP you have exactly the same dates as me. On the 30th we called and were told that it meant the packet 3 letter was in the mail - I didn't get it yesterday, maybe it'll arrive today, my postman delivers around early afternoon here. But I am a bundle of nerves every time i hear my letterflap clang and run downstairs to find another pizza delivery leaflet.

I have already got my case number by calling DOS on 22 July - with this I booked the Medical(s). You not need to wait to receive the packet 3 letter to book your medical - do it now if you want - theres no reason not to, they have a two week wait for an appointment anyway.

Who did you call to find out if the package was in the mail?( Sorry, for all the questions)

Sadly I didn't get it today and I feel I'm pulling my hair our sad.png

This waiting is killing me sad.png

My fiance called the Department of State (DOS)

Do you know your Case number?

Yes I do

My fiance is in the army so he cant at the moment sad.png

You can phone. I was the beneficiary and I was able to phone. I used Skype to make cheap calls to DOS several times. They are open for phone calls from 8:30am until 5pm EST.

Timeline

Packet 3 doesn't require a signature.

Odd that you'd require a signature for Packet 3. Ours just got put through the letter box in our front door like any other letter, and it said "United States of America - Official Business" on the front. No signature or anything.

You guys are correct - it was his new police certificate which he emailed over to the medical office and confirmed with them that they had it, and all would be sent over to the Embassy tomorrow. :)

Timeline

That would be such a lovely thing to do!

Oh good - my friend asked if that would look like I was trying to bribe someone but I don't know how that could be..it would be after he made his POE and it's just a nice thank you. :)

Well, I'm sorry that the embassy are being somewhat unhelpful. Quite impressed you found someone so proactive on the congressman's office, side though! Not all bureaucrats are the same. I hope that just the act of harrassing the embassy makes them do something about your case.

And yes, move's okay. So far, so good, except I don't know what timezone I'm in. They let me in the country, though, so can't really complain. Taking today easy while I acclimatise my brain, then this week is starting to fill up with folks I need to see and chores I have to do. smile.png

thanks LAS :) I do feel lucky to have found her! I hope the harrassing doesn't have the opposite effect though..oh well..I know we don't want to wait until mid Sept for an interview and that seems to be where they are scheduling now. yikes. :( We are shooting to be married 9/21 but we'll see...

lol on the time zone - even worse all the way out on the West Coast. :D Glad all went well! Welcome to the US for good. :) I can't wait until we don't have to say goodbye anymore ..that must be a great feeling :)

Timeline

Okay I wanted to read the Interview section again and go over our list of documents, etc and when I click on the link, it says the page moved. Is the link broken or did they move it?

this is the one I was using?

http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

Okay I wanted to read the Interview section again and go over our list of documents, etc and when I click on the link, it says the page moved. Is the link broken or did they move it?

this is the one I was using?

http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

i noticed that too this morning. Use this link http://london.usembassy.gov/document_checklist.html

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.