MIBEN

Family Support

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have been on VJ for several months and I have read over and over again, "I cannot visit my husband/fiance etc. because I do not have reliable child care." It would be nice to see people come together and by city, state, or region make friendship/bonds/relationships that could lend themselves to assisting with taking care of children for short periods of time to allow single mothers opportunities to visit their loved ones.

I am not by any means saying leave your children with unknown personnel, but can relationships be fostered in your area for personnel in need and anyone who is willing to give there time to assist.

Example at hand, I met a young man who was a friend of my husband (I met him on all three trips) and his visa was denied because his wife was not able to come see him from the time they married to the time he interviewed. The CO told him why has she not returned to see you? In their case, she made enough money but had no assistance with her three children while she left the area for 8-10 days. They are now going through the entire process again. In that case, it was the summer time and I expressed to my husband I would not mind meeting her and forging a relationship and assisting them but it was just heartbreaking that she had no family support.

Food for thought....

Timeline

Just thought I would mention that I don't need help with child care, was hoping to get a pulse in what people go through. I see the post has been read but no one commented, made me wonder if people are reserved in commenting because they may be afraid they will be volunteered.

Timeline

Just thought I would mention that I don't need help with child care, was hoping to get a pulse in what people go through. I see the post has been read but no one commented, made me wonder if people are reserved in commenting because they may be afraid they will be volunteered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi welcome to VJ. I know this is alittle off topic but I know after Adam & I married in 2006 I didnt see him before his interview and he was still approved back in 2007. Not sure that would be an only reason to deny someone.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Unfortunately, I was there when he went to both the intitial interview and the follow on interview after 14 days. He told us that one CO called him back for a second interview and the one with the beard that interviewed him on the first interview stopped the second interview and told the CO he had already decided the marriage was not bonafide because she had only visited once during their marriage. They just did not like him I suppose, he only spoke Spanish not English therefore they had to get a translator because he did not want to interview in Arabic. He thought if he interviewed in Spanish it would validate that they could communicate since she is originally from Puerto Rico. He did get asked several times why she never came back to visit if they had been together since Nov 08 and married March 10.

I suppose I my intent was not that they got denied but to state their is a need for family support groups. In Morocco that is a red flag, only one visit that resulted in marriage.

I know because of the high fraud rate in Morocco the CO's are not as user friendly.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I'm sorry but what you're suggesting is asinine. A kiddie care co-op so mama can run off to foreign lands? I'm sorry but if mama doesn't have reliable and trusted child care already lined up, maybe she shouldn't seek men so far away.

A-freaking-MEN!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.