andrea y arturo

Colombia Embassy Receives petition - what are the next steps?

17 posts in this topic

Once the embassy has received the petition,what are the next steps? What paperwork is filled out and how is it sent? I am confused as to whether the DS 230 and DS 2100 are still used. The VJ embassy info says one thing... the Bogota Embassy website another (obviously I think the embassy website is more up to date) I want to do things correctly. Help! As i understand it, both the 156 and 156K have to be filled out under the new method. How are these forms submitted to the embassy? Are they faxed or emailed or are they brought at the time of the interview?

Thanks.

Once the embassy has received the petition,what are the next steps? What paperwork is filled out and how is it sent? I am confused as to whether the DS 230 and DS 2100 are still used. The VJ embassy info says one thing... the Bogota Embassy website another (obviously I think the embassy website is more up to date) I want to do things correctly. Help! As i understand it, both the 156 and 156K have to be filled out under the new method. How are these forms submitted to the embassy? Are they faxed or emailed or are they brought at the time of the interview?

Thanks.

ENGLISH: http://bogota.usembassy.gov/appt-package.html

SPANISH: http://spanish.bogota.usembassy.gov/docentrevvres.html

Read: Espanol_Visas_K1_K2_Paquete_Dec7.pdf or English_K1K2Packetdec7.pdf

I am still behind you, but for what I know, you can look at the links above, it says it all. the DS-230 and DS-2100 needs to be sent as soon as possible after you get your case number. Get the number from NVC a few days after they get your package. Send the DS-230 and DS-2100 via e-mail. the 156 is done online, you must print 2 copies. The 156k is a single page pdf file. Both of the 156's are to be taken to the interview. Also the I-134 - Affidavit of Support (Must have W-2, 1040, a letter from your work, letter or letters from your bank (two copies each-Must read the instructions to fill in the I-134!!!), 6 passport fotos, I made 8.

Found a place to stay about 150 yards from the Embassy. Highly recommended

http://www.viva2100.com/

Hotel Doña Flor

Carrera 44C #22A-16

Barrio Quinta Paredes

Bogotá, Colombia

011-57-1-269-8694 or 011-57-1-269-7436

TeleFax 011-57-1-269-3926

English_K1K2Packetdec7.pdf

Espanol_Visas_K1_K2_Paquete_Dec7.pdf

K1 VISA PROCESS
2011-10-24: I-129F Sent from Doral, FL to lock box, Dallas, TX
2011-10-31: Received USCIS NOA1 Letter
2012-04-02 (8:30AM): I-129F Approved. NO RFE!
2012-04-06: Received USCIS NOA2 Letter
2012-06-06: Interview / Approved!!!
2012-06-15: (2:20PM) POE Miami International Airport
2012-06-26: Married

AOS PROCESS
2012-08-31: Sent I-485 and I-765 applications from Doral, FL to lock box, Chicago, IL
2012-09-06: Case accepted and routed to USCIS National Benefits Center for processing
2012-09-13: Received both I-485 and I-765 NOA's (9/6/12) and the Biometrics appointment letter
2012-10-03: Biometrics taken
2012-11-05: I-765 - Approved - Employment Authorization Card production ordered
2012-11-09: I-765 - Employment Authorization Card mailed
2012-11-13: I-765 - Employment Authorization Card received

2013-07-05 (11:45AM): AOS Approved. NO RFE. NO Interview.

2013-07-11: Green Card mailed.

2013-07-12: Received I-797, NOA, Welcome to the USA

2013-07-15: Green Card received.

2016-04-06: Earliest Accepted ROC Filing Date

AOS Approved 7/5/2013:
308 days (10 months & 8 days) since AOS package was sent
302 days (10 months & 2 days) since NOA1
275 days (9 months & 5 days) since Biometrics taken

1PVym5.png

Hi thanks for the reply and I wanted to bring something up... the Visa Journey embassy info needs to be updated. The DS 230 and 2100 forms are no longer used. Double check by going to the embassy website. The procedures changed back in October. I was confused by this but the directions are clear as day and another VJ'er confirmed this. Once NVC forward your case to the US embassy you can 1) schedule your medical and 2) pay the $350 fee online and schedule your interview with the embassy. I have already scheduled the medical and as soon as I hear from the embassy then I will schedule the interview. Thanks for the info on the place to stay will definitely look into into it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Colombia? Just bring a fistful of fresh USA hundred dollars bills and hire one of their crooked notaries. The more cash you bring, the faster it is done.

Learned this by reading about Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria where he owned a good share of their government. Our issues weren't as nearly as important, so we didn't have to resort to killing anyone, but was sure tempted.

Probably noted, really don't have much respect for that country.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi thanks for the reply and I wanted to bring something up... the Visa Journey embassy info needs to be updated. The DS 230 and 2100 forms are no longer used. Double check by going to the embassy website. The procedures changed back in October. I was confused by this but the directions are clear as day and another VJ'er confirmed this. Once NVC forward your case to the US embassy you can 1) schedule your medical and 2) pay the $350 fee online and schedule your interview with the embassy. I have already scheduled the medical and as soon as I hear from the embassy then I will schedule the interview. Thanks for the info on the place to stay will definitely look into into it.

Andrea y Arturo, my understanding is you do NOT have to send anything to the embassy prior to your interview. You are correct that the instructions on this site for Colombia are a bit out of date. I think Bogota changed their process in the fall like you stated above. Ithink you were safe to schedule your medical, but, in my case, I'm holding off on that because I want to have my fiance do her medical and interview during the same week to save an additional trip to Bogota, and since I can't schedule the interview until it's on their system, I don't want to schedule the medical until I find an open slot for a medical on a Monday, with an interview scheduled for the following Friday.

Hope this helps!!

Jon & Clau

Andrea y Arturo, my understanding is you do NOT have to send anything to the embassy prior to your interview. You are correct that the instructions on this site for Colombia are a bit out of date. I think Bogota changed their process in the fall like you stated above. Ithink you were safe to schedule your medical, but, in my case, I'm holding off on that because I want to have my fiance do her medical and interview during the same week to save an additional trip to Bogota, and since I can't schedule the interview until it's on their system, I don't want to schedule the medical until I find an open slot for a medical on a Monday, with an interview scheduled for the following Friday.

Hope this helps!!

Jon & Clau

Thanks! Yeah, I have a vacation in February so I scheduled the medical for that time frame and another vacation in March so hopefully the interview can be scheduled then ... thanks for your reply it is helpful. Lets hope NVC gets our cases to Bogota soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Jon & Clau & Andrea & Arturo: The Bogota just sent us our Packet 3 & 4 electronically. You will be happy to know that as soon as they receive it, they send the email the exact same day. GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

Hola, anyway you can post a copy of your packet. Please... and thanks!

or email it to me?

Also, would it be better to schedule the interview first, then the medical?

My future esposa lives in Barranquilla and we want to do both the medical and interview during the same week.

What about getting the VISA. Has anyone had the embassy send the package to a local DHL and picked it up there?

Which DHL is closest to the embassy?

Thanks all for the great help!!!!

Jon & Clau & Andrea & Arturo: The Bogota just sent us our Packet 3 & 4 electronically. You will be happy to know that as soon as they receive it, they send the email the exact same day. GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

K1 VISA PROCESS

AOS PROCESS
2012-08-31: Sent I-485 and I-765 applications from Doral, FL to lock box, Chicago, IL
2012-09-06: Case accepted and routed to USCIS National Benefits Center for processing
2012-09-13: Received both I-485 and I-765 NOA's (9/6/12) and the Biometrics appointment letter

AOS Approved 7/5/2013:

1PVym5.png

Timeline

My girl just got approved at her interview on the 25th of January. For the interview you will need 2 copies of the DS156 and one of the DS156 K along with 6 passort photos of the applicant. Also needed at the interview will be passport, birth certificate, medical exam results, and DAS certificado judicial. Dont know if I left something out or not but look at the list on the embassy website.

Thanks for the info! :)

My girl just got approved at her interview on the 25th of January. For the interview you will need 2 copies of the DS156 and one of the DS156K along with 6 passort photos of the applicant. Also needed at the interview will be passport, birth certificate, medical exam results, and DAS certificado judicial. Dont know if I left something out or not but look at the list on the embassy website.

For what I have read and see, K1, do the online DS-156 and print two copies, fill out the DS-156K PDF and bring 6 passport pictures. But confused, the website to schedule an appointment says to do a DS-160.

http://usvisa-info.com/en-CO/selfservice/us_before_you_apply

K1 VISA PROCESS

AOS PROCESS

AOS Approved 7/5/2013:

1PVym5.png

Timeline

Hi Stefan y Karen, that's great news!!! Did they send it to your eMail or the eMail of your fiance'? I provided the NVC the eMail of my fiance' so I hope they send it to her. She has already seen the instructions from their web site, but I just wanted to know when it was clear to schedule the interview.

Thanks for keeping me posted and congratulations!!

Jon & Clau

Timeline

My girl just got approved at her interview on the 25th of January. For the interview you will need 2 copies of the DS156 and one of the DS156 K along with 6 passort photos of the applicant. Also needed at the interview will be passport, birth certificate, medical exam results, and DAS certificado judicial. Dont know if I left something out or not but look at the list on the embassy website.

Hi RJQuilla, congratulations on her getting her visa!!! Must be relief that this is almost over. Just a couple questions, what did you do for vaccinations, and what did they want for the I-134?

Thanks and best wishes to you both!!

Jon & Clau

Timeline

Hi RJQuilla, congratulations on her getting her visa!!! Must be relief that this is almost over. Just a couple questions, what did you do for vaccinations, and what did they want for the I-134?

Thanks and best wishes to you both!!

Jon & Clau

My fiancee, who has had her medicals but not yet the interview, had her vaccinations done by the same doctor who did the physical (all one appointment).

My fiancee, who has had her medicals but not yet the interview, had her vaccinations done by the same doctor who did the physical (all one appointment).

I had a question on the medical appointment. Which doctor did you have and how long was the wait and the appointment?

Art

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.