Mylnn

Help I'm so confused!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok I don't know how to fill this form out were just looking into it in advance since our wedding isn't till May.

But I'm looking at the I-130 and I'm confused as to question 15 it says occupation is that for him(the US citizen) or me the Canadian?

As well we don't know what address where going to live at he's currently in the army and we'll be applying for on base housing but that sometimes can take a year before we get it.

And what do I do if we've never actually "lived" together.

And another thing do we use his non army residence as his address or where he's currently living?

This would be so much easier if he wasn't in the army :-(

Filed: Timeline

To answer your questions..

1. You write down his employer. If he's in the army, write US Army.

2. If you don't know where you'll be living yet, I'd use the current address where he receives mail. We don't know either, but we're using her parents address, since that's where she currently receives her mail.

3. If you haven't lived together yet, don't worry.they understand that not all couples have lived together before. This isn't a big deal until you're filling to remove conditions in about 2.5 years.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

To answer your questions..

1. You write down his employer. If he's in the army, write US Army.

2. If you don't know where you'll be living yet, I'd use the current address where he receives mail. We don't know either, but we're using her parents address, since that's where she currently receives her mail.

3. If you haven't lived together yet, don't worry.they understand that not all couples have lived together before. This isn't a big deal until you're filling to remove conditions in about 2.5 years.

His being in the army may benefit your application if you have your priveledge and benefits ID and DEERS enrollment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.