Ron and Rhea

Interview, physical, visa....plane ride.

13 posts in this topic

Hey VJ'ers, I looked on here and didn't find anything too specific on what I was hunting for.

My fiance has her interview scheduled, its for Feb 28th, 6am...this week she will go to St. Lukes and do her physical.

For a GENERAL timeframe, with her physical done this week and interview end of Feb, realistically what is a guesstimate on when the visa could be issued, if the interview goes off without a hitch...? And once the visa is issued, we can book a flight from the day its issued to something like 6 months, (visa is good for 6 months I think).....

I know the times for everything varies, just trying to get a general idea.

VISA is issued within 30 days and delivered. Delivery times varies as to where you are.

Is this a K1 VISA?

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey VJ'ers, I looked on here and didn't find anything too specific on what I was hunting for.

My fiance has her interview scheduled, its for Feb 28th, 6am...this week she will go to St. Lukes and do her physical.

For a GENERAL timeframe, with her physical done this week and interview end of Feb, realistically what is a guesstimate on when the visa could be issued, if the interview goes off without a hitch...? And once the visa is issued, we can book a flight from the day its issued to something like 6 months, (visa is good for 6 months I think).....

Hi Ron & Diana

Once she completes here medical. On average takes St. Luke's to send the results to USEM in about 2 days. If all goes as plan and she is approved. It will take 5 - 10 days for 2GO to receive visa and passport from USEM. Delivery depends on location in Philippines. Manila Area is 2 - 3 days or she can pick up the passport and visa at a 2GO location.

Once she has received her passport with visa. Now its time for CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas). CFO Seminar is a 1 day seminar and process. CFO is to inform Filipinos about the country they are traveling to. The Good, Bad and Ugly. They will ask you some questions and issue her CFO sticker and seminar certificate. She will not be able to travel out of Philippines with out completing this seminar and receive the CFO certificate and Sticker.

Once CFO seminar is completed, you’re done. Book the Flight!! You will need to pay a NAIA International Departure Fee: PHP 750 mandatory at NAIA. Update this fee will change as of February 2012. Departure fee will be PHP 550.

Estimated time to travel or book flight is between 7 - 14 days after being approved at USEM.

Hopefully this gives you an time frame.

Good Luck and God Bless!!

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Filed: Timeline

Once CFO seminar is completed, you’re done. Book the Flight!! You will need to pay a NAIA International Departure Fee: PHP 750 mandatory at NAIA. Update this fee will change as of February 2012. Departure fee will be PHP 550.

Estimated time to travel or book flight is between 7 - 14 days after being approved at USEM.

I just returned from Phil last week and they have already changed the fee to 550 pesos.

Timeline

I just returned from Phil last week and they have already changed the fee to 550 pesos.

Cool!! Thanks for the update. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Thanks guys for the info, especially you Wally....we are excited to have interview scheduled and to be doing the physical, it makes is seem so much more real....We are HOPING maybe mid to late March to be here.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Capt'n Ron!!! Just remember - if its going to happen its going to happen out there!

How long after the inteview until the visa is in hand really varies a bunch, I have read of some getting it within a week and others waiting most of a month. Sort of a turkey shoot for sure.

And yup you have 6 months after the visa is issued to use it, I believe the date is stamped in the passport.

When Amy gets towards interview time I am flying over and we are going to kick back allowing close to 2 months after the interview before we need to jump in a sky taxi, just in case they are slow with delivery.

Glad to see you are getting very close!! :dance:

... oh, mid 60s and sunshine, just got back from a nice ride! Therapy you know.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hey Hank, thanks for the response brother. Yea we sorta figured the visa timeline was hit or miss, sorta like this whole process, haha. If I could take off work for two months and go to my girl I would, good for you two...

Jealous on the bike ride, actually its been so nice here as well....50/60's.

Hey Capt'n Ron!!! Just remember - if its going to happen its going to happen out there!

How long after the inteview until the visa is in hand really varies a bunch, I have read of some getting it within a week and others waiting most of a month. Sort of a turkey shoot for sure.

And yup you have 6 months after the visa is issued to use it, I believe the date is stamped in the passport.

When Amy gets towards interview time I am flying over and we are going to kick back allowing close to 2 months after the interview before we need to jump in a sky taxi, just in case they are slow with delivery.

Glad to see you are getting very close!! :dance:

... oh, mid 60s and sunshine, just got back from a nice ride! Therapy you know.

Hi Ron & Diana

Once she completes here medical. On average takes St. Luke's to send the results to USEM in about 2 days. If all goes as plan and she is approved. It will take 5 - 10 days for 2GO to receive visa and passport from USEM. Delivery depends on location in Philippines. Manila Area is 2 - 3 days or she can pick up the passport and visa at a 2GO location.

Once she has received her passport with visa. Now its time for CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas). CFO Seminar is a 1 day seminar and process. CFO is to inform Filipinos about the country they are traveling to. The Good, Bad and Ugly. They will ask you some questions and issue her CFO sticker and seminar certificate. She will not be able to travel out of Philippines with out completing this seminar and receive the CFO certificate and Sticker.

Once CFO seminar is completed, you're done. Book the Flight!! You will need to pay a NAIA International Departure Fee: PHP 750 mandatory at NAIA. Update this fee will change as of February 2012. Departure fee will be PHP 550.

Just a side not she can take the CFO before the interview and just go back by to get the stamp later.

...And once the visa is issued, we can book a flight from the day its issued to something like 6 months, (visa is good for 6 months I think).....

Chinook's K-1 visa was valid for six months from the date of her medical.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good Luck Ron! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Wow I just missed the deadline. I returned on January 24 and paid P750.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.