LaL

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JACQUE!!!!

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It was all easy, with just a few bumps in the road. I would not have changed a thing.

Year one--We were apart the entire year. Our lawyer mis-filed to the wrong center, so at our 1st anniversary, we were just getting to MSC for the K3. It was a long, hard year which we filled with emails, web-cam chats and phone calls. Flew to Jordan for our first anniversary.

Year two--We were finally at MSC. After 6 months, the K3 was issued an RFE for yet another attorney error. I was devastated, this ended up being a 2 month delay. I was suffering emotionally and saw no light at the end of the tunnel. Finally saw an approval after 1 1/2 year of being married. To celebrate I took my second trip into Jordan and spent 10 lovely days with my habibi and his family. Mohammed few to America 5 days before our 2nd anniversary.

Year three-- This is where we finally live together under one roof and communicate face to face, not online thru a webcam. This is when things change and is the true test of love. In this year, came getting a drivers license, job, bank account, charge cards, and filing for EAD and AOS.

Year four--- Mohammed received his 10 year card. We continue to grow closer everyday. I treasure everyday we spent together. (L)

Jackie

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Anniversary! I am happy to see bi-culture marriage last since all I hear is how you can't make it work.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I missed it :crying:

happyanniversary.jpg

inshaAllah ta'ala may you be happy and together for the next 80 years as well.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

so jac...what did u do for the big day?

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Timeline

Well, we both worked in the day. I got home at 5:30 and put the fresh cut flowers I had bought for him in a vase. I lit some nice smelly candles, propped up the mushy anniversary card I bought and wrote endearing words of love in it. Then I set out a scrumptious desert, and sat down to wait for him.

He had this really confused look on his face, like,,,'whats this all for?' as he read the card, it hit him, he forgot our 4th wedding anniversary. :crying:

Now I can take this hard or I can let it go. And today, I am not sure yet which I choose.

Jackie

Well, we both worked in the day. I got home at 5:30 and put the fresh cut flowers I had bought for him in a vase. I lit some nice smelly candles, propped up the mushy anniversary card I bought and wrote endearing words of love in it. Then I set out a scrumptious desert, and sat down to wait for him.

He had this really confused look on his face, like,,,'whats this all for?' as he read the card, it hit him, he forgot our 4th wedding anniversary. :crying:

Now I can take this hard or I can let it go. And today, I am not sure yet which I choose.

Jackie

ooooh ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) ... i hope he makes it up to u :devil:

OH NO JAC.....i know it sucks, but in all honesty...Sofyan would never remeber days like this if it wasnt for me always counting them down

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
OH NO JAC.....i know it sucks, but in all honesty...Sofyan would never remeber days like this if it wasnt for me always counting them down

:yes: I have to remind Wadi of his own birthday, let alone any ohter important dates. :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.