Michou86

RFE...HELP!!!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I have received a RFE asking for more evidence that my fiance and I have met in the past 2years. It says I have to prove we were at the same place at the same time. He is from Haiti, but he is studying in the Dominican Republic. Do you think a copy of his school schedule from around the time of my trip be enough? Should I get it translated?.....ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO SEND WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have received a RFE asking for more evidence that my fiance and I have met in the past 2years. It says I have to prove we were at the same place at the same time. He is from Haiti, but he is studying in the Dominican Republic. Do you think a copy of his school schedule from around the time of my trip be enough? Should I get it translated?.....ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO SEND WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

We can't answer that question unless we know what you've already submitted. The RFE will usually give specific examples of the sort of evidence they're looking for. What exactly did you submit with the petition, and what exactly is listed on the RFE as examples of evidence they'd like to receive?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

We can't answer that question unless we know what you've already submitted. The RFE will usually give specific examples of the sort of evidence they're looking for. What exactly did you submit with the petition, and what exactly is listed on the RFE as examples of evidence they'd like to receive?

Did you send your airline info? Boarding passes, luggage tags, agenda of your travel there within the last 2 years.......

Also hotel receipts, meal receipts....... etc etc.

Also to show you and her in same place, did you submit pics of you and her together?, with her and her family, friends?

Pics at landmarks in the country you and here were there together is always good to show you were there with her.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with JimVA! It depends on what you submit as evidence. The easy thing is pictures of you and your fiance together. It does not matter where it was taken at as long as it shows you together and met face to face within the 2 year before filing your petition. Re-reading your statement suggests that you didn't met face to face yet? I could be wrong! Sending his school record is not proof! Good Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Thanks for your quick responses!!....we met in October. I stayed with him at his place so I don't have hotel receipts... I sent pictures of us together and copies of the stamped pages of my passport with the petition because I didn't know I needed more evidence...With the RFE I am going to the returning tickets, they took the one that shows I went there at the airport in DR. I have a copy of the itinerary, and a receipt of a car rental. I asked my friend who picked me up from the airport to write an affidavit. I am not sure if that's enough.

I used my ATM card I am going to send the bank statements also.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

if you met him in the dominican republic and he is from haiti then you also need to show that he was there as well as you.

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

We got a RFE for the same reason (I think it might of been because we had only known each others for short time) even though I thought we sent plenty of evidence. We had 10 pictures, e-mails, airline tickets, affidavits etc. We responded to RFE by sending another 15 pictures from the times we have met and our travels, copies of our passport stamps from our travels (this is what RFE asked), more e-mails and credit card receipts proving we were in the same country at the same time, tickets of museums and shows we attented... anything you can think of that can prove you 2 met. Also our lawyer advised us that pictures of us together with our families are valuable and we should send them pictures of us in front of famous landmarks since he knew we traveled together.

Yes, everything that is not in English must be translated. This was another reason for our RFE, we had few Finnish words in our e-mails that we didn´t notice at first. We ended up translating everything possible since I didn´t wanna risk it.. even the passport stamps since some were in Russian letters. You don´t need a professional translator, just a person who can speak both languages and you will find plenty of advice how to do it here in VJ.

Don´t panic, to us RFE only met that we got the answer faster than other people who applied at the same time as we did! Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.