purpledonkey

intent to marry

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok so my woman has her interview scheduled for next month and i was curious....how important do you think it is to send an affidavit from some kind of ordained minister saying he has been contacted about getting married? Did any of you not have that and pass ok? I was wondering because I'll send that if i have too, but would rather not because i want to get all this additional info to her right away. I want to send the last bits tomorrow but I'd just go UPS if i have to wait for that. Any help is appriciated thanks

Filed: Timeline
Ok so my woman has her interview scheduled for next month and i was curious....how important do you think it is to send an affidavit from some kind of ordained minister saying he has been contacted about getting married? Did any of you not have that and pass ok? I was wondering because I'll send that if i have too, but would rather not because i want to get all this additional info to her right away. I want to send the last bits tomorrow but I'd just go UPS if i have to wait for that. Any help is appriciated thanks

Personally, I don't think that will carry any more weight than any other piece of evidence to establish your relationship. You could have a letter from the Pope and it's not going to stop them from denying the application or putting it on Admin Review if they feel the facts justify it. I would say the I-134 being in order is as important as anything with those people.

One never know which bit of evidence one may have that convinces the Conof of a bonafide relationship. If you feel you have sufficient to show that then I wouldnt worrying about. If you feel it could help some, then send it.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline
If you feel it could help some, then send it.

I agree in that if he feels better sending it them go right ahead and do it. The point I was trying to make was don't think that was some silver bullet that was going to sway the interviewer if something else was out of line.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

If you feel it could help some, then send it.

I agree in that if he feels better sending it them go right ahead and do it. The point I was trying to make was don't think that was some silver bullet that was going to sway the interviewer if something else was out of line.

:yes:

Personally, I don't think that will carry any more weight than any other piece of evidence to establish your relationship. You could have a letter from the Pope and it's not going to stop them from denying the application or putting it on Admin Review if they feel the facts justify it. I would say the I-134 being in order is as important as anything with those people.

I agree

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Personally I've never even heard of a letter from a minister being used, only a letter of intent to marry from the petitioner. So, I wouldn't worry about it but if you would feel better sending it then do :)

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
:dance::thumbs:

Met online - December 2002

Met face-to-face - May 28, 2004

Engaged - June 4, 2004

I-129F mailed - June 16, 2004

Received by NSC - June 21

NOA1 date - June 28

NOA2 online - September 20

Petition received in Manila - September 30

Packet 3 Received - November 27

Medical Exam - January 5, 2005

Immunizations - January 12

Interview scheduled for January 21

Approved!!!! - January 21

Visa in hand!!!!! - January 25!

CFO Seminar- January 27

Pumpkin will return to the Philippines - February 3

Home in Denver with my Pumpkin- February 8

Received Social Security Number - February 24

Civil Marriage - February 24

Adjustment of Status App. received at CIS - April 18

Employment Authorization App. received at CIS - May 11

Passed written test - received Driving Instruction Permit - May 23

Biometrics - June 11

EAD Approved Online - July 6

Second fingerprint appointment - July 16

Catholic Church Wedding Ceremony November 26

RFE received by the CIS - January 6

AOS APPROVED! - January 21

2.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

the ONLY thing i had with me at my interview was a letter of intent from my fiance.. didn't have a wedding date, no letter from anyone else.. just the letter of intent from my fiance.. I didn't have any problems getting my visa.. they actually only asked me like 2 questions..

You could have a letter from the Pope and it's not going to stop them from denying the application or

like tht letter from the pope :lol::lol::lol::thumbs:

Edited by pri

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good luck. :yes:

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
TracyTN,

Don't let your man hear you saying that!

Yodrak

Good luck to 'your woman' :blink: at her interview.

Being referred to as "my woman" is rather archaic...and here in the south a bit on the redneck side. Not something I appreciate, personally. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.