Andy_R

translations

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Do I need translations for everything I submit as evidence of relationship?

This could get quite expensive since she mostly uses Japanese in our emails. Obviously, I can translate them myself, is that OK or do you need a certified translator?

9/19/11 - sent I-129F

9/21/11 - email NOA1

9/27/11 - hard copy NOA1

3/20/12 - congressional inquiry (6 months since NOA1)

4/4/12 - inquiry result: petition approved (still no NOA2 text/email/letter)

4/20/12 - packet 3 received from embassy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

you can translate it yourself. I did all translations for my case. Just add to the end of each translation somthing like this:

TRANSLATOR’S CERTIFICATION

I, John Smith certify that I am familiar with the Japanise and English languages, and that I have translated this document faithfully and accurately.

John Smith

Address

Date

Signature

Mother's Journey

---------USCIS------------

06/03/11 - I-130 sent

06/13/11 - NOA1 recieved(priority date 06/06/11)

10/06/11 - NOA2 I-130 Approved

----------NVC--------------

11/02/11 - Case number assigned

11/02/11 - Email delivery requested

11/07/11 - Received email with DS-3032 / I-864 Bill

11/07/11 - Emailed completed DS-3032

11/07/11 - Paid online I-864 Bill

11/08/11 - Received email with I-864 Package

11/08/11 - Mailed completed I-864 with supporting documents

11/09/11 - Received email confirming that DS-3032 was accepted

11/10/11 - Received email with IV Bill

11/10/11 - Paid online IV Bill

11/18/11 - Received email with DS-230 Package

12/02/11 - Mailed completed DS-230 with supporting documents

12/08/11 - NVC case complete

----------MOS Consulate------------

12/12/11 - Consulate received

12/21/11 - Medical exam @ IOM

01/17/12 - Interview. Visa granted

02/23/12 - POE @ JFK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Do I need translations for everything I submit as evidence of relationship?

This could get quite expensive since she mostly uses Japanese in our emails. Obviously, I can translate them myself, is that OK or do you need a certified translator?

You do not need to submit evidence of relationship with the petition. It's helpful with some consulates in high fraud countries because it allows some evidence to be frontloaded for the consulate, but it's totally unnecessary for Japan. USCIS isn't going to look at any relationship evidence you send because it's not required, and it's not really necessary to frontload a petition with a beneficiary from Japan. You'll need this evidence for the consulate stage, but you won't need to translate it. The consular officers can usually speak and read the native language of the host country.

The only things you must translate are documents that are required with the petition, such as copies of divorce decrees, etc.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

You do not need to submit evidence of relationship with the petition. It's helpful with some consulates in high fraud countries because it allows some evidence to be frontloaded for the consulate, but it's totally unnecessary for Japan. USCIS isn't going to look at any relationship evidence you send because it's not required, and it's not really necessary to frontload a petition with a beneficiary from Japan. You'll need this evidence for the consulate stage, but you won't need to translate it. The consular officers can usually speak and read the native language of the host country.

The only things you must translate are documents that are required with the petition, such as copies of divorce decrees, etc.

Great, thanks for the advice. :)

you can translate it yourself. I did all translations for my case. Just add to the end of each translation somthing like this:

TRANSLATOR’S CERTIFICATION

I, John Smith certify that I am familiar with the Japanise and English languages, and that I have translated this document faithfully and accurately.

John Smith

Address

Date

Signature

9/19/11 - sent I-129F

9/21/11 - email NOA1

9/27/11 - hard copy NOA1

3/20/12 - congressional inquiry (6 months since NOA1)

4/4/12 - inquiry result: petition approved (still no NOA2 text/email/letter)

4/20/12 - packet 3 received from embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.