byoung

Questions about the I-129F

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have a few questions about the I-129F. My fiancé is Russian and her divorce decree is in Russian. Can I just include a copy of the divorce decree in Russian or does it need to be translated into English?

My fiancé has a 14 year old son. Part B; question # 13 has a place to list all children. Are there any other documents or paperwork required for a woman with a child that needs to be filled out? The reason I ask I once read some place that the biological father has to sign a document stating that he was in agreement for the child to leave for another county.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I generally advise to keep your petition easy to approve. Why complicate things because they cannot read the divorce decree. Translate it and send it in

Yes, there does need to be a letter from the father permitting the child to leave Russia permenantly for the US

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

All papers need to be translated if they not in English.

dd/mm/yyyy K-1

01/03/2012 === I-129F sent via USPS

01/05/2012 === I-129F delivered to USCIS (PO BOX)

01/06/2012 === I-129F officially received by USCIS (Information from hard copy of NOA1)

01/09/2012 === I-129F official notice day (Information from hard copy of NOA1)

01/10/2012 === NOA1 received by Email. Case routed to California Service Center

01/13/2012 === I-129F official hard copy received from USCIS

03/29/2012 === I-129F touched.

06/11/2012 === I-129F Approved (157 days)

06/12/2012 === NOA2 received by Email.

06/12/2012 === I-129F touched.

07/02/2012 === I-129F touched. (I hope it is gong to NVC ;) ) (NOA2 approved for 2nd time)

07/06/2012 === 2nd NOA2 official hard copy received from USCIS. ( I am furious about getting my application approved for 2nd time. I wonder why they did it? )

07/05/2012 === NVC received

07/10/2012 === NVC left

07/16/2012 === Consulate received (via DHL tracking)

08/21/2012 === Inteview (Approved)

11/04/2012 === POE at Detroit

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have a few questions about the I-129F. My fiancé is Russian and her divorce decree is in Russian. Can I just include a copy of the divorce decree in Russian or does it need to be translated into English?

My fiancé has a 14 year old son. Part B; question # 13 has a place to list all children. Are there any other documents or paperwork required for a woman with a child that needs to be filled out? The reason I ask I once read some place that the biological father has to sign a document stating that he was in agreement for the child to leave for another county.

You must submit a translation along with a copy of the original. All foreign language documents submitted to USCIS must include a translation.

You have to list all of the beneficiary's children on the I-129F, but you don't have to submit any additional paperwork for them with the petition. You don't petition for her children - you petition only for her. Her minor unmarried children become eligible to apply for a visa as a derivative of her approved petition. She can submit a visa application for her child at the same time she submits a visa application for herself.

You won't need the "quit claim" from the child's biological father until the visa interview.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank You all for the great information; could someone PLEASE explain more about the “quit claim” document or letter. Is there a form to be filled out; then signed by the father or is it just a written letter signed by the father? Does anyone have any examples or can tell me any more information about the “quit claim”? Does this letter or form have to be notarized or signed in the presents of an official?

“She can submit a visa application for her child at the same time she submits a visa application for herself. “

Which visa is submitted for the child? Is this visa submitted at the consulate interview?

Thank You in advance for any help. Bob

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

No when she presents that for her interview but Yes when you include that as part of the 129f filing.

My fiancé has a 14 year old son. Part B; question # 13 has a place to list all children.

Yes list them as requested.

Are there any other documents or paperwork required for a woman with a child that needs to be filled out?

Not right now.

The reason I ask I once read some place that the biological father has to sign a document stating that he was in agreement for the child to leave for another county.

If that father is listed as the child's father on their birth cert....then yes a notarized letter from the father specifically stating that he allows the child to PERMANENTLY immigrate and live in the United States and the travel back and forth between Russia and the US IS REQUIRED.

It is suggested you obtain this letter BEFORE you file any K-1 petition because it can be a showstopper.

Come on over to the RUB regional forum where you'll receive country-specific help and answers and make new friends!

A q

No when she presents that for her interview but Yes when you include that as part of the 129f filing.

My fiancé has a 14 year old son. Part B; question # 13 has a place to list all children.

Yes list them as requested.

Are there any other documents or paperwork required for a woman with a child that needs to be filled out?

Not right now.

The reason I ask I once read some place that the biological father has to sign a document stating that he was in agreement for the child to leave for another county.

If that father is listed as the child's father on their birth cert....then yes a notarized letter from the father specifically stating that he allows the child to PERMANENTLY immigrate and live in the United States and the travel back and forth between Russia and the US IS REQUIRED.

It is suggested you obtain this letter BEFORE you file any K-1 petition because it can be a showstopper.

Come on over to the RUB regional forum where you'll receive country-specific help and answers and make new friends!

A quit claim document is something you sign to officially give up claim to something......but the letter you want must include the statements I listed above. Come over to the RUB forum as there are folks there that have done this and know exactly what is required.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

make sure you send in the DIVORCE Decree WITH the Translation..

i have seen a few people send one or the other.. but not both..

you, fiance or a friend could translate the document into english... whoever does just needs to fill out this Statement..

or you could get it translated by a professional service which will cost.. my fiance did this.. i dont' know why.. but she did..

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.