TammyandJosh

Baby Dilemma

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So we are just sending pack 3 back now...Fi been on rd trip need his tax and support papers...

Im 14 weeks...i know i cant guess when everything will get finished by? whether there will even be interviews available etc?

What hellish paperwork will we go trhough if the babe is born here? will we almost be starting over? bc there will be an extra one of us??

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If the baby is born in Canada, you will need to add 1 person to the I-134 and make enough for 3 people.

Then you need to file CRBA and have an interview for the CRBA to get the babys US citizenship and a US passport.

Heres the link so you can read up on CRBA as a " just in case " http://canada.usembassy.gov/consular_services/birth-abroad.html

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

We've had plenty of people in the midst of a pregnancy going through this so hopefully someone will chime in soon ! :)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

One thing to do if you are considering having your child in the U.S., double check with your fiance's health insurance plan. Once married, he can add you to his coverage but some insurance companies won't cover a preexisting condition, pregnancy included. An out of pocket birth in the U.S. would be VERY expensive.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One thing to do if you are considering having your child in the U.S., double check with your fiance's health insurance plan. Once married, he can add you to his coverage but some insurance companies won't cover a preexisting condition, pregnancy included. An out of pocket birth in the U.S. would be VERY expensive.

I was pregnant when I moved to the US and when I tried to find health insurance (hubby was only part time at work so he couldn't add me) I found out that because I was moving from a country with a national health care plan that I was covered under the HIPPA laws so they could not refuse me insurance. It was going to cost me $2450.00 but I would be covered...lol

But in Canada they have free health care, right? It's what Obama's dream is in US, right?

Why not have the Canucks pick up the tab for popping baby out, and then fill out a few extra paperworks, and bring bundle of Joy to USA?

Many beneficiaries consider going BACK to the Philippines to ####### out a kid, because poppa's insurance wont cover the pregnancy, and it will cost thousands he don't have to have baby delivered uninsured.

Just sayin! Happy Baby Days to ya! :star:

05516220100427133314.jpg

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline

I was pregnant when I moved to the US and when I tried to find health insurance (hubby was only part time at work so he couldn't add me) I found out that because I was moving from a country with a national health care plan that I was covered under the HIPPA laws so they could not refuse me insurance. It was going to cost me $2450.00 but I would be covered...lol

We will have a one mon th wait period but the pregnancy will be covered hence the dilemma. I cant move at 8 months. We have secured midwives for that month I will be missing covergae but if munchkin decides to come early we could be in trouble...

I would be ok to having it here as in the summer as FI is off all summer im just worried about all the paperwork and the delays after the muchkin comes..Depending on how the summer goes he could be due back in august early sept or mid sept..and if we think saying goodbye is hard now..I cant imagine..

Timeline

If the baby is born in Canada, you will need to add 1 person to the I-134 and make enough for 3 people.

Then you need to file CRBA and have an interview for the CRBA to get the babys US citizenship and a US passport.

Heres the link so you can read up on CRBA as a " just in case " http://canada.usembassy.gov/consular_services/birth-abroad.html

The link is for the child born in wedlock. The OP is technically not in wedlock.

So, this link is more appropriate - http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_5199.html , look for "Birth Abroad Out-of-Wedlock to a U.S. Citizen Father – “New” Section 309(a)"

Timeline

Colleens..

Do you have any links on HIPPA?.Was the 2450 for a month? As expensive as it is it may work for us...We were going to pay midwife out of pocket but if im close to delivery this may be an option...

Timeline

Another thing to consider is if your baby is born in Canada, they can pass on their Canadian citizenship to their children, even if they are not born in Canada. If he/she is born in the states, he/she can only pass on Canadian citizenship to children born in Canada (who would have it, anyways). If you are planning on raising him/her in the U.S., there's a decent chance that their own children (if any) may be born outside of Canada. You can't predict the future, but there is one benefit to giving birth in Canada. Good luck!

AOS (from tourist w/overstay)

1/26/10 - NOA

5/04/10 - interview appt - approved

ROC

2/06/12 - NOA date

7/31/12 - card production ordered

N-400

2/08/13 - NOA date

3/05/13 - biometrics appt

6/18/13 - interview - passed!

7/18/13 - oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Colleens..

Do you have any links on HIPPA?.Was the 2450 for a month? As expensive as it is it may work for us...We were going to pay midwife out of pocket but if im close to delivery this may be an option...

I don't have the links, it was just what I found out from Blue Cross Blue Sheild when I was searching for insurance. BCBS quoted me $2450/month for basic medical with the maternity rider. This was almost 2yrs ago now, so I am sure prices have increased. And like all insurance the prices are based on your age, smoking/drinking habits and general health.

When I was going through this someone did send me the info on the HIPPA laws here is the link to that thread....hopefully it helps

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/254316-getting-heath-insurance-when-already-pregnant/page__p__3949968__hl__hippa+laws__fromsearch__1#entry3949968

Edited by Colleens

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.