ginomirelle

RFE pls help!

9 posts in this topic

hi everyone..

my fiancé filed our 129f and received noa1 last november 4, 2011. he applied to expedite the case since he is in active duty military personal.. today january 18, 2012 he received an email asking for RFE.. question, how will he send the letters is it ok to send photocopy of them or do they need the original copy can he have those original copy back? if its ok to pass photocopy do we need to photocopy the envelops as well? and do they have deadline for this? he's kinda upset now because he will be moving to washington for his work no internet and doesn't know how to provide the RFEs. please help.. tnx...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

hi everyone..

my fiancé filed our 129f and received noa1 last november 4, 2011. he applied to expedite the case since he is in active duty military personal.. today january 18, 2012 he received an email asking for RFE.. question, how will he send the letters is it ok to send photocopy of them or do they need the original copy can he have those original copy back? if its ok to pass photocopy do we need to photocopy the envelops as well? and do they have deadline for this? he's kinda upset now because he will be moving to washington for his work no internet and doesn't know how to provide the RFEs. please help.. tnx...

Copies are fine. The RFE will come with a return envelope and return documents. Use them. He will have to be sure someone gets the ,ail for him and forwards it to him. Yes, there is a deadline to return the materials, it will be listed in the RFE

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Copies are fine. The RFE will come with a return envelope and return documents. Use them. He will have to be sure someone gets the ,ail for him and forwards it to him. Yes, there is a deadline to return the materials, it will be listed in the RFE

thanks so much for the reply so he has to wait for the RFE hardcopy notice sent to him? much thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

thanks so much for the reply so he has to wait for the RFE hardcopy notice sent to him? much thanks!

Yes. If he moves, make sure someone else checks the mail for him, they WILL NOT forward it to him

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Copies are fine. The RFE will come with a return envelope and return documents.

we did not use a special envelope. is that the reason for the long wait? :( we sent our rfe response on december 7.

i-129f sent - 5/25/11

noa1 - 6/1/2011

approved! - 1/26/2012

23h2kc4.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

The RFE will come with a return envelope and return documents. Use them.

My RFE did NOT come in any special envelope. It was the same envelope type that my NOA1 and NOA2 were sent in.

I did read on here to write in big letters on the back of the envelope "RFE" so that it would be absolutely clear what was in there. I did that, but I don't know if that helped.

Really, the RFE should have had instructions in it. It is probably best to follow those instructions. Mine asked for 5 things--I was only able to provide 4 of those and we got the NOA2 after 39 days. Apparently the weird thing they asked for wasn't something that they actually cared about.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

it all depends on what the RFE is asking for...in most cases, yes photocopies are ok as long as you have the originals for the interview.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

we did not use a special envelope. is that the reason for the long wait? :( we sent our rfe response on december 7.

We didn't get a return envelope, but they have received it and are "processing" it. I doubt that not having a special envelope will make a difference.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would tend to send it back using special delivery with tracking and receipt; Fedex, UPS. Plus clearly mark on the outside of the package its for RFE.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.