tweety&irv

processing times

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

If there are back logs of files uscis should have persons personally to deal with that. The files they recieve recent should not have to wait until they have finish with there back logs because this is messing with the timeline for persons. It is unfair to file my petition and my five or six months has past and i have to wait on uscis to finish with there back logs before they can deal with the recents filers.......Something needs to be done about this. This is very bad service......persons wants to be with their love ones.....this is foolishness :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I agree with everyone that said that USCIS is doing their best to process all the applications as fast as possible, no doubt ! On the other hand I understand teweety&irv. We turnt in our application beginning of February and even though we've "only" been waiting for 2 months, I sometimes feel like I wanna choke everyone that works for USCIS lol. Being far far away from ur significant other is super tough ... We have kids involved which makes it even harder for me. It literally breaks my heart seeing them grow up without me (even though it is just a couple months being away from them but especially the little one is growing up sooo fast) and them struggling ... And come one people, I think everyone has/had those times wondering why in the heck USCIS is takin so long and why other applications are being processed faster than others.

Some of us have to wait longer than others, yes that is completely true but honestly ... That doesn't make my situation (or everyones else' situation)

easier. U might just feel a little better knowing that other people are going through the same.

Well in the end we will all have to go through it and obviously it is for a very good reason. Keep ya head up and everything will be over sooner or later. Always make the best out of every situation. Stay focused and positive, have faith in god and URSELF and good will happen.

"Patience is the key to success"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

While browsing and reading the forums I remember a senior member saying that once USCIS actually adjudicates your petition, it only takes few hours to 3 days. The long wait which kills us is the time taken for the petition to reach adjudicator's desk.

So I will agree with tweety on this one point. Get more people, assign them different categories. Just like adding more RAM to a computer or getting a dual core processor with ability to handle more processes at a time. That should help to reduce backlogs and in the long run everyone will have less waiting and separation time. Not saying they should give priority to recent filers but one backlog leads to another.

Only the U.S. Citizens or legal permanent residents are eligible to file a petition for fiance/fiancee, spouse or relatives. I believe all of you pay your state and federal taxes. Do you still deserve to be treated this way and be forced to undergo the long painful separation? Don't mark one person as selfish. He or she only talked about a flaw in the system and proposed a suggestion to improve it. Nothing wrong with that. Just because we cannot do anything about a flawed system does not mean we start bashing the one who pointed out that flaw. Remember, opinions are like a.. holes and everyone has one. Cheers!

Edited by Musashii

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Timeline

While browsing and reading the forums I remember a senior member saying that once USCIS actually adjudicates your petition, it only takes few hours to 3 days. The long wait which kills us is the time taken for the petition to reach adjudicator's desk.

So I will agree with tweety on this one point. Get more people, assign them different categories. Just like adding more RAM to a computer or getting a dual core processor with ability to handle more processes at a time. That should help to reduce backlogs and in the long run everyone will have less waiting and separation time. Not saying they should give priority to recent filers but one backlog leads to another.

Only the U.S. Citizens or legal permanent residents are eligible to file a petition for fiance/fiancee, spouse or relatives. I believe all of you pay your state and federal taxes. Do you still deserve to be treated this way and be forced to undergo the long painful separation? Don't mark one person as selfish. He or she only talked about a flaw in the system and proposed a suggestion to improve it. Nothing wrong with that. Just because we cannot do anything about a flawed system does not mean we start bashing the one who pointed out that flaw. Remember, opinions are like a.. holes and everyone has one. Cheers!

:thumbs:

Nicely said!

I hope one day USCIS gets more people in order to process the applications faster or deal with the backlog. Plus the long waiting time causes a lot of people a lot of problems...

Filed: Timeline

Friday will be my 2 months since NOA1. And all I can think is "it has only been two months!?"

While I agree that the process is unbearably slow, I do understand that no government agency can ever get the manpower to process upwards of 100,000 petitions every month, while still taking into account the seriousness of immigration law and national security. Paying taxes is one thing, but the vast majority of American tax payers will never have to deal with the USCIS, ever. So expecting the USCIS to employ enough people to deal with the constant and massive flow of petitions isn't entirely fair to the US taxpayer either. It is what it is.

That being said. I'd be in favor of doubling or even tripling the filing fees if it meant cutting the wait down by half or even a third.

That would both create a hell of a lot of new government jobs, and I think most people would be willing to pay the price if it meant they were reunited with their families much quicker.

Timeline

Friday will be my 2 months since NOA1. And all I can think is "it has only been two months!?"

While I agree that the process is unbearably slow, I do understand that no government agency can ever get the manpower to process upwards of 100,000 petitions every month, while still taking into account the seriousness of immigration law and national security. Paying taxes is one thing, but the vast majority of American tax payers will never have to deal with the USCIS, ever. So expecting the USCIS to employ enough people to deal with the constant and massive flow of petitions isn't entirely fair to the US taxpayer either. It is what it is.

That being said. I'd be in favor of doubling or even tripling the filing fees if it meant cutting the wait down by half or even a third.

That would both create a hell of a lot of new government jobs, and I think most people would be willing to pay the price if it meant they were reunited with their families much quicker.

1. Not every U.S. citizen is richie rich.

2. Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches. I am nobody to judge but guessing by your remark " oh its only been two months", I would think you are wearing the comfy hush puppies. Not everyone will feel about a certain situation like you do :)

3. As much as I would love to elaborate where your taxes are being used, I will keep it to myself in order to maintain the peace and serenity of this forum.

Edited by Musashii

USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
NVC Stage:

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

it is faulty and incompetent management that does not know how to launch i.t. projects that could have shorten processing times tremendously.

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Filed: Timeline

. 1. Not every U.S. citizen is richie rich. Very true. And I realize that the fees are high already. But in a long term perspective it makes sense. Waiting like this for months on end takes a toll on finances too. The money most couples spend on visits would easily pay for 3 - 4 petitions already.

2. Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches. I am nobody to judge but guessing by your remark " oh its only been two months", I would think you are wearing the comfy hush puppies. Not everyone will feel about a certain situation like you do :)I know very well that 2 months is a very short time to have waited in terms of immigration (we haven't seen each other for 3). I'm not complaining, but rather making it known that even 3 months of not seeing each other, and 2 months of waiting for NOA2 can feel like an eternity. I don't want to even think about 6 months to a year.

3. As much as I would love to elaborate where your taxes are being used, I will keep it to myself in order to maintain the peace and serenity of this forum. Discussing where tax payer money goes is always a heated topic more suited for the "off topic" thread, yes :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Amen.

I cannot understand how in 2012, these things are still all done by paper and snail mail.

I agree with your comment jaejayC is just ridiculos the way they work this processing!Still they want to send people to Mars... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:thumbs:

Let's stay positive and pray to be with our love ones soon...!

Edited by benuk

I-130 SENT 2012/01/20

I-130 NOA1 2012/01/24

I-130 NOA2 2012/06/12

NVC receiv 2012/07/02

NVC case # 2012/07/13

DS-3032 emailed 2012/07/13

AOS paid 2012/07/20

AOS sent 2012/07/23

DS-3032 Accepted 2012/07/24

IV paid 2012/07/25

IV/DS-230 sent 2012/07/26

RFE missing pay stubs 2012/08/03

Case completed 2012/08/16

Inteview Date 2012/10/16

221g (new co-sponsor and proof of domicile for my son) crazy stuff!

Timeline

While I agree to your statement about them being low on manpower and taking into account the seriousness of immigration law and national security, I cannot help but to laugh after reading an ad in local classified newspaper.

2u7xf0y.jpg[/img]

http://i41.tinypic.com/2u7xf0y.jpg

E2: For $80,000 to $150,000 depending on business plan and State Processing time: 2-3 months (visa in hand)

E1: $50,000 to $100,000 depending upon trading plan Processing time: 2-3 Months (visa in hand)

EB-5: $500,000 investment in Government approved project. Processing time up to 3 months. Yes, this one gets you a Green card as well. (More sugar you add, sweeter it gets).

All these categories are also shown on USCIS website chart for processing time.

Moral of the story: When money talks, everyone else just listens.

Then there is no worry about national security and immigration laws. You give them what they want and you can have what you want. No need to wait for 6-7 months for them just to adjudicate your petition.wacko.gif All the long wait and AP is for common people like us, not for the rich ones who can buy their way out.

Edited by Musashii

USCIS Stage:
NVC Stage:

EMBASSY STAGE:

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the background check from uscis is purely unreliable...

if they are that good in weeding out the bad guys

1. 9/11 would never happened - why the f* uscis didn't take any heat for this?

2. man plotting to lit nyc's gas main line is living in his home country

3. underwear bomber is living in his home country

4. immigrant terrorist does not exist in united states

while the truth is they come in

1. do some amateur background check which i could have done myself

2. spending our money in customer service center and not strategic ways lowering the processing time

3. they pretend there is a lot of work compared to combined staff of registrar and bursar of mit university could handle more than 100k application

4. pretend every civilian is a potential terrorist

and just look that this report! http://www.gao.gov/browse/a-z/Department_of_Homeland_Security,_Executive/U.S._Immigration_and_Customs_Enforcement,_Department_of_Homeland_Security,_Executive/

just shows that uscis is just amateur workers. just read the topics and description and tell me what you think

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Timeline

the background check from uscis is purely unreliable...

if they are that good in weeding out the bad guys

1. 9/11 would never happened - why the f* uscis didn't take any heat for this?

2. man plotting to lit nyc's gas main line is living in his home country

3. underwear bomber is living in his home country

4. immigrant terrorist does not exist in united states

while the truth is they come in

1. do some amateur background check which i could have done myself

2. spending our money in customer service center and not strategic ways lowering the processing time

3. they pretend there is a lot of work compared to combined staff of registrar and bursar of mit university could handle more than 100k application

4. pretend every civilian is a potential terrorist

and just look that this report! http://www.gao.gov/browse/a-z/Department_of_Homeland_Security,_Executive/U.S._Immigration_and_Customs_Enforcement,_Department_of_Homeland_Security,_Executive/

just shows that uscis is just amateur workers. just read the topics and description and tell me what you think

1. You are right. Instead of hiring more of those no good customer service guys/ladies who cannot even answer our queries properly USCIS should hire more adjudicators.

2. If I remember the history correct then except the natives aka indians, all others in the states would be immigrant terrorists no? Others who immigrated to continet, overpowered the natives and became rulers. I don't mean to offend anyone here but just going by definition of the term "immigrant terrorist".

Btw, if by any chance and miracle you are given a surprise tour of any of USCIS service centers, how many people you think you may find playing solitaire or browsing Facebook and not doing their work for which they are paid.

Edited by Musashii

USCIS Stage:
NVC Stage:

EMBASSY STAGE:

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

1. You are right. Instead of hiring more of those no good customer service guys/ladies who cannot even answer our queries properly USCIS should hire more adjudicators.

2. If I remember the history correct then except the natives aka indians, all others in the states would be immigrant terrorists no? Others who immigrated to continet, overpowered the natives and became rulers. I don't mean to offend anyone here but just going by definition of the term "immigrant terrorist".

Btw, if by any chance and miracle you are given a surprise tour of any of USCIS service centers, how many people you think you may find playing solitaire or browsing Facebook and not doing their work for which they are paid.

Lol

I-130 SENT 2012/01/20

I-130 NOA1 2012/01/24

I-130 NOA2 2012/06/12

NVC receiv 2012/07/02

NVC case # 2012/07/13

DS-3032 emailed 2012/07/13

AOS paid 2012/07/20

AOS sent 2012/07/23

DS-3032 Accepted 2012/07/24

IV paid 2012/07/25

IV/DS-230 sent 2012/07/26

RFE missing pay stubs 2012/08/03

Case completed 2012/08/16

Inteview Date 2012/10/16

221g (new co-sponsor and proof of domicile for my son) crazy stuff!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

almost every other document can be expiated, ie passports. I would pay 1200 to have my wife with me. it's only money, that comes and goes. but you can not put a price on family time

Timeline

While I agree to your statement about them being low on manpower and taking into account the seriousness of immigration law and national security, I cannot help but to laugh after reading an ad in local classified newspaper.

2u7xf0y.jpg[/img]

http://i41.tinypic.com/2u7xf0y.jpg

E2: For $80,000 to $150,000 depending on business plan and State Processing time: 2-3 months (visa in hand)

E1: $50,000 to $100,000 depending upon trading plan Processing time: 2-3 Months (visa in hand)

EB-5: $500,000 investment in Government approved project. Processing time up to 3 months. Yes, this one gets you a Green card as well. (More sugar you add, sweeter it gets).

All these categories are also shown on USCIS website chart for processing time.

Moral of the story: When money talks, everyone else just listens.

Then there is no worry about national security and immigration laws. You give them what they want and you can have what you want. No need to wait for 6-7 months for them just to adjudicate your petition.wacko.gif All the long wait and AP is for common people like us, not for the rich ones who can buy their way out.

What CAN'T u do with money nowadays? ... Sad but true.

Edited by Sophie0129

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.