Richard and Inna

Medical Exam Required for Fiance's 17 1/2 y/o son?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi All,

Briefly, I have petitioned for fiance toward her K-1 visa from Ukraine. We want to get her 17 1/2 y/o son a K-1 visa so he can visit us in the USA but he will return to the Ukraine to live with Grandmother. Is he required to be at the consulate interview or have a medical exam before being issued a K-1 visa? I cant find references on the site relating to this. I appreciate any and all information you may have.

Richard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

He cant get a K-1 visa unless his fiancee is applying for him.

A Fiance visa is not for visiting its for getting married and staying in the USA. If the son wants to visit only then he should apply for his own tourist visa.

If you are talking about getting him a K-2 visa yes he is required to go to a medical pay for it and go to the interview and pay for the visa there as well.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

He cant get a K-1 visa unless his fiancee is applying for him.

A Fiance visa is not for visiting its for getting married and staying in the USA. If the son wants to visit only then he should apply for his own tourist visa.

If you are talking about getting him a K-2 visa yes he is required to go to a medical pay for it and go to the interview and pay for the visa there as well.

Yes, I meant a K-2 visa. Where do you see this referenced? I've looked everywhere....

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Yes, I meant a K-2 visa. Where do you see this referenced? I've looked everywhere....

Did you try the website for the US Embassy in the Ukraine?

http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html

http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/iv-medical.html

Medical Examination

All immigrant visa and K visa applicants, regardless of age, must have a medical exam. It can be done only in Kyiv at the following address:

Clinic for Oil-Refining Industry of Ukraine

8, Mykoly Amosova St.

Kyiv, Ukraine

Telephone: +38-044-270-2709

E-mail address: clinicanafta@rambler.ru or iomkievmhd@iom.int

The Clinic performs medical examinations Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. by appointment only. The results of the examination are given to the applicants at 3 p.m. on the same day.

The fee for a medical exam is not more than $125 per person, excluding the vaccination fee for adults and children. The clinic accepts payments for medical exam and vaccination fees in Ukrainian Hryvnya only.

Each applicant must present the following documentation:

• International passport (for children below age 16 – travel document of a child with photo or a passport of mother/father with a child’s photo)
  • 3 full frontal view photographs 50 x 50 mm
  • Military service card
  • Vaccination chart with the seal of the issuing clinic (mandatory for immigrants, optional for K visa applicants)
  • Embassy case number beginning with KEV

Fees

• Applicants 15 years of age and older: $125 USD.
  • Applicants under 14: $110 USD.
  • The cost of a medical exam for the newly adopted children of U.S. citizens under 14: $110 USD and 15 years of age and older: $125 USD.

These are the basic fees for medical examination. Should examinees require additional tests performed or vaccinations administered, they will be charged for these separately.

Vaccination Requirement

(For immigrants only, not for K visa applicants)

Recent changes to US immigration law now require immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations on behalf of immigrant visa applicants are now required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the new vaccination requirements, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

• Mumps
  • Tetanus
  • Influenza type B (H1B)
  • Influenza
  • Measles
  • Diphtheria
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rubella
  • Varicella (Chickenpox)
  • Polio
  • Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
  • Pneumococcal

In order to assist the panel physician and to avoid delays in the processing of an immigrant visa, all immigrant visa applicants should have their vaccination records available for the panel physician's review at the time of the immigrant medical examination. Visa applicants should consult with their regular health care provider to obtain a copy of their immunization record, if one is available. If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement. Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician.

Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you given your age, medical history, and current medical condition.

The validity of the medical examination is one year. If there is a tuberculosis condition, the medical exam is only valid for six months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi All,

Briefly, I have petitioned for fiance toward her K-1 visa from Ukraine. We want to get her 17 1/2 y/o son a K-1 visa so he can visit us in the USA but he will return to the Ukraine to live with Grandmother. Is he required to be at the consulate interview or have a medical exam before being issued a K-1 visa? I cant find references on the site relating to this. I appreciate any and all information you may have.

Richard

He cannot get a K-1. He gets a K2. A K2 will allow him to enbter the USA ONE TIME ONLY. Then you need to do an adjustment of status to get him a green card, BUT if he does that he cannot live in Ukraine with Grandma. He would have to reside in the United States. Otherwise you can TRY to get him a tourist visa. Good luck with that.

For a K2 YES he needs a medical exam, pay all the visa fees the same as your fiancee.

Richard, if I may add, you have had a tremendous amount of problems because you seem to refuse to read directions. What you are proposing is not possible. You need to read the guides and instructions very carefully to understand what these visas are and what they do and what you can do. You are not allowed to just have it any way you want, unfortunately.

You can do a K2 and the boy lives HERE or you can do nothing and he lives there. MAYBE he can get a tourist visa, but not likely, especially NOT after your wife is here and is a resident.

We have two sons who also came on K2s and I am going to give my advice and then you can just ignore me if you want. One of our sons is now 17 and will be a citizen in 2 weeks, the other is 20 and will have to wait until 2014.

Bring the boy here, let him live here and let him get his citizenship (it will take 5 years for him because he will be over 19 when your wife gets her citizenship)

THEN he can go live in Ukraine or anywhere he wants for as long as he wants and always have that benefit.

You can request a K-2 any time up to year after your fiancees K-1 is issued, after that you can petition her son, up to age 21 with an I-130 PROVIDED you marry his mother BEFORE he is 18 years old. Otherwise the K-2 and 1 year is your only wiggle room.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Did you try the website for the US Embassy in the Ukraine?

http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html

http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/iv-medical.html

Medical Examination

All immigrant visa and K visa applicants, regardless of age, must have a medical exam. It can be done only in Kyiv at the following address:

Clinic for Oil-Refining Industry of Ukraine

8, Mykoly Amosova St.

Kyiv, Ukraine

Telephone: +38-044-270-2709

E-mail address: clinicanafta@rambler.ru or iomkievmhd@iom.int

The Clinic performs medical examinations Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. by appointment only. The results of the examination are given to the applicants at 3 p.m. on the same day.

The fee for a medical exam is not more than $125 per person, excluding the vaccination fee for adults and children. The clinic accepts payments for medical exam and vaccination fees in Ukrainian Hryvnya only.

Each applicant must present the following documentation:

• International passport (for children below age 16 – travel document of a child with photo or a passport of mother/father with a child’s photo)
  • 3 full frontal view photographs 50 x 50 mm
  • Military service card
  • Vaccination chart with the seal of the issuing clinic (mandatory for immigrants, optional for K visa applicants)
  • Embassy case number beginning with KEV

Fees

• Applicants 15 years of age and older: $125 USD.
  • Applicants under 14: $110 USD.
  • The cost of a medical exam for the newly adopted children of U.S. citizens under 14: $110 USD and 15 years of age and older: $125 USD.

These are the basic fees for medical examination. Should examinees require additional tests performed or vaccinations administered, they will be charged for these separately.

Vaccination Requirement

(For immigrants only, not for K visa applicants)

Recent changes to US immigration law now require immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations on behalf of immigrant visa applicants are now required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the new vaccination requirements, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

• Mumps
  • Tetanus
  • Influenza type B (H1B)
  • Influenza
  • Measles
  • Diphtheria
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rubella
  • Varicella (Chickenpox)
  • Polio
  • Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
  • Pneumococcal

In order to assist the panel physician and to avoid delays in the processing of an immigrant visa, all immigrant visa applicants should have their vaccination records available for the panel physician's review at the time of the immigrant medical examination. Visa applicants should consult with their regular health care provider to obtain a copy of their immunization record, if one is available. If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement. Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician.

Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you given your age, medical history, and current medical condition.

The validity of the medical examination is one year. If there is a tuberculosis condition, the medical exam is only valid for six months.

Thank you so much ~!!!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Thank you so much ~!!!

Your fiancee is getting her K-1 processed through the US Embassy in the Ukraine. The best place for you to get answers in from their website. That should be the first place you go to for answers.

Timeline

Your fiancee is getting her K-1 processed through the US Embassy in the Ukraine. The best place for you to get answers in from their website. That should be the first place you go to for answers.

Yes, that is where I have been going for answers as well as here on this website. I appreciate all that have helped me is this journey. There are many knowledgeable people on here that have gone through this experience and therefore, know much more than I do. Thank you again....

Timeline

He cannot get a K-1. He gets a K2. A K2 will allow him to enbter the USA ONE TIME ONLY. Then you need to do an adjustment of status to get him a green card, BUT if he does that he cannot live in Ukraine with Grandma. He would have to reside in the United States. Otherwise you can TRY to get him a tourist visa. Good luck with that.

For a K2 YES he needs a medical exam, pay all the visa fees the same as your fiancee.

Richard, if I may add, you have had a tremendous amount of problems because you seem to refuse to read directions. What you are proposing is not possible. You need to read the guides and instructions very carefully to understand what these visas are and what they do and what you can do. You are not allowed to just have it any way you want, unfortunately.

You can do a K2 and the boy lives HERE or you can do nothing and he lives there. MAYBE he can get a tourist visa, but not likely, especially NOT after your wife is here and is a resident.

We have two sons who also came on K2s and I am going to give my advice and then you can just ignore me if you want. One of our sons is now 17 and will be a citizen in 2 weeks, the other is 20 and will have to wait until 2014.

Bring the boy here, let him live here and let him get his citizenship (it will take 5 years for him because he will be over 19 when your wife gets her citizenship)

THEN he can go live in Ukraine or anywhere he wants for as long as he wants and always have that benefit.

You can request a K-2 any time up to year after your fiancees K-1 is issued, after that you can petition her son, up to age 21 with an I-130 PROVIDED you marry his mother BEFORE he is 18 years old. Otherwise the K-2 and 1 year is your only wiggle room.

Thank you for all your vast knowledge and help. You have obviously been through all this and are much more knowledgeable than I will ever be. I do appreciate you kind help and advice. I dont mean to flood the site with questions; in some cases, instructions require clarity and reassurance is valued from those who have been through the process. Advice such as yours is helpful and on behalf of us "newbies", I thank you very much....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.