NoneYa

1040 vs IRS Transcripts

78 posts in this topic

Lighten up! Jeez!

Just recently a CO at the interview requested a copy of his tax return (1040), she had a transcript of his returns and was required to get actual copies of the 1040. Its very recent you should have no issue finding it in a search. The instructions for the 134 also state copies of tax return (1040). I know others have used transcripts and been fine but all you need is a CO that goes by the letter of the instructions for the 134 and you will be getting a request for copies of the tax return (1040).

The instructions for the I-864 also say a 1040 is required, but the USICS website plainly says tax transcripts are perfectly acceptable. The only reason I am making an issue of this, is becuse the OP said they were going to delay thier interview if the transcript was not acceptable. he was told he could not use a transcript, by Tahoma which is just plain wrong. When we post something on here we have a lot of people who are new to the process and we should try to give accurate info. If we don't know for sure we should not guess, assume, or google up the first hit we see and psot an answer as if we know. After having gone thru the process, the amount of wrong info I see people post here sometimes astounds me.

He also continues to argue the point that you can not schedule your case until Manila revives your packet which is just flat wrong.

scruffydog seems to have a bone to pick...

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

scruffydog seems to have a bone to pick...

No not at all I just like posters to be sure what they are talking about when they give advice. In the link above what on the page specifically are you referring to.

No not at all I just like posters to be sure what they are talking about when they give advice. In the link above what on the page specifically are you referring to.

The link? :huh: The only link in my post is the one in my sig. it's meant for those looking for general information about the process on the Embassy Website. it's not in regards to the topic of this thread. sorry, nothing on that bone to pick...

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

The link? :huh: The only link in my post is the one in my sig. it's meant for those looking for general information about the process on the Embassy Website. it's not in regards to the topic of this thread. sorry, nothing on that bone to pick...

Ahh IC. Sorry I thought you were posting a link.

1. Like I said I know many people who used the Tax Transcripts which is even the USICS websit states is clearly acceptable.

2. You still have not produced the poster that said they were denied. You gonna produce a source that backs up your story. ? BTW arguing the term "denied" is symantics. As far as I am concerned if you did not leave there that day with a Visa Approval you were denied.

3. 100's if not 1000's of Manila filers know or have known that as soon as NVC issues your MNL case number you can schedule your appointment. You appear to be the only person that ever married a pinay that does not know that.

4. The only beef I have with you is that you post things that are not true, that I am afraid will cause delays or added stress to an already stressful process. I don't post anything unless I know it for a fact. Stop guessing about things. People here reley on this site for help and guidance.

1) You have not provided a USCIS link which says transcripts are acceptable for a USEM K-1 interview. You also have not provided a link which backs up your claim that "transcripts are preferable." I-864's are irrelevant to this discussion.

Also, you are still not acknowledging the instructions on the USEM website (link) and the USEM interview preparation instructions (link).. Why not?

Additionally, here's what the Department of State says about the subject:

9 FAM 40.41 N4.6-3 Use of Form I-134, Affidavit of Support

~snip

e. To substantiate the information regarding income and resources, the sponsor should attach to the affidavit a copy of the latest Federal income tax return filed prior to the signing of the Form I-134, including all supporting schedules.

Department of State link.

2) By now, it's painfully obvious that you didn't bother to read the link in post #6. That link leads you to the latest poster who was required to submit a tax return. He is by no means the only VJer who has been required by the USEM to submit a tax return.

Being denied a visa by the Embassy is not a matter of semantics. It has a very definite meaning, and it's one you should learn. Playing fast and loose with words can get you into trouble. The consequences of a denial are very different than being issued an MNL-IV-22.

3) There you go again, asserting your opinion and ignoring the facts. I gave you a response to your assertion about the interview scheduling issue and you simply ignored it. Your "proof" is based upon what an NVC tier-one script-reader told you, isn't that correct? By the way, where are those 100's and 1000's of people who agree with you?

When Chinook and I went through the process, I spoke with an employee in the USEM IV Unit who told me that a K-1 packet had to physically be in the USEM and had to be entered into their system before scheduling an interview was possible.

4) I'm satisfied with letting people decide for themselves who is posting nonsense and who is not. I've backed up my case with relevant links. You haven't.

@None Ya...Based upon my three years of experience here on VJ, I believe the safest and surest route to a successful interview is to follow the USEM instructions. Because the USEM wants a tax return, it's wise to submit one. A vast majority of people do just that. Does anyone get away with submitting only transcripts? Of course. However, as I will say again, why would anyone ignore USEM instructions and risk a delay in their visa journey over such a simple matter.

If I were in your shoes, I would not reschedule the interview. Go ahead with the interview, and if the CO requires a tax return, he/she will issue your fiancée an MNL-IV-22. Then you simply submit the document through 2GO. It would be a minimal delay in issuing the visa. Best wishes! :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well this is going to suck... each 1040 I have is about 50 pages. There goes another $100 to FedEx.

My 1040 is a PDF file that I can print and sign again; should that be sufficient, or do they need a 1040 sent by the IRS (other than the ITR's I already have)?

Filed: Timeline

Well this is going to suck... each 1040 I have is about 50 pages. There goes another $100 to FedEx.

My 1040 is a PDF file that I can print and sign again; should that be sufficient, or do they need a 1040 sent by the IRS (other than the ITR's I already have)?

If not a transcript, they usually want a photocopy of your signed return, with all attachments. In other words, they want to see what you sent the IRS. Of course, now that they don't send out address labels anymore, I guess they have to take what they can get.

If you sign a pdf copy, I hope you don't intend on backdating it, because that would be misrepresentation.

1) You have not provided a USCIS link which says transcripts are acceptable for a USEM K-1 interview. You also have not provided a link which backs up your claim that "transcripts are preferable." I-864's are irrelevant to this discussion.

Also, you are still not acknowledging the instructions on the USEM website (link) and the USEM interview preparation instructions (link).. Why not?

Additionally, here's what the Department of State says about the subject:

9 FAM 40.41 N4.6-3 Use of Form I-134, Affidavit of Support

~snip

e. To substantiate the information regarding income and resources, the sponsor should attach to the affidavit a copy of the latest Federal income tax return filed prior to the signing of the Form I-134, including all supporting schedules.

Department of State link.

2) By now, it's painfully obvious that you didn't bother to read the link in post #6. That link leads you to the latest poster who was required to submit a tax return. He is by no means the only VJer who has been required by the USEM to submit a tax return.

Being denied a visa by the Embassy is not a matter of semantics. It has a very definite meaning, and it's one you should learn. Playing fast and loose with words can get you into trouble. The consequences of a denial are very different than being issued an MNL-IV-22.

3) There you go again, asserting your opinion and ignoring the facts. I gave you a response to your assertion about the interview scheduling issue and you simply ignored it. Your "proof" is based upon what an NVC tier-one script-reader told you, isn't that correct? By the way, where are those 100's and 1000's of people who agree with you?

When Chinook and I went through the process, I spoke with an employee in the USEM IV Unit who told me that a K-1 packet had to physically be in the USEM and had to be entered into their system before scheduling an interview was possible.

4) I'm satisfied with letting people decide for themselves who is posting nonsense and who is not. I've backed up my case with relevant links. You haven't.

@None Ya...Based upon my three years of experience here on VJ, I believe the safest and surest route to a successful interview is to follow the USEM instructions. Because the USEM wants a tax return, it's wise to submit one. A vast majority of people do just that. Does anyone get away with submitting only transcripts? Of course. However, as I will say again, why would anyone ignore USEM instructions and risk a delay in their visa journey over such a simple matter.

If I were in your shoes, I would not reschedule the interview. Go ahead with the interview, and if the CO requires a tax return, he/she will issue your fiancée an MNL-IV-22. Then you simply submit the document through 2GO. It would be a minimal delay in issuing the visa. Best wishes! :star:

The only link i am interested in is the one , in which a poster is telling us the USEM gave him a MNL-IV-22, turned him down, told him to come back, did not let him have it the day or whatever you want to call it because he had a income tax transcript instead of a 1040. Cause that did not happen.

Thousands of people are processed every year at Manilla with a tax transcript and no one is going to get asked to furnish a 1040 in lieu of a tax transcript unless something else is wrong.

So so employee at USEM told you your package had to physically be at the embassy for you to schedule. Yeah right. LOL

Scheduling as soon as you get your MNL is one of the most widely talked about shortcuts

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The only link i am interested in is the one , in which a poster is telling us the USEM gave him a MNL-IV-22, turned him down, told him to come back, did not let him have it the day or whatever you want to call it because he had a income tax transcript instead of a 1040. Cause that did not happen.

Thousands of people are processed every year at Manilla with a tax transcript and no one is going to get asked to furnish a 1040 in lieu of a tax transcript unless something else is wrong.

So so employee at USEM told you your package had to physically be at the embassy for you to schedule. Yeah right. LOL

Scheduling as soon as you get your MNL is one of the most widely talked about shortcuts

Yes it did happen and I read the posting, like I told you a few posts back it just happened within the last couple weeks so you can find the thread easily enough. I read it and I KNOW he posted he was required to produce a TAX RETURN 1040 as he only send transcript to the interview.

ALL instructions for the 134 and the embassy state TAX RETURNS... why are you fighting the obvious. :blink:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yes it did happen and I read the posting, like I told you a few posts back it just happened within the last couple weeks so you can find the thread easily enough. I read it and I KNOW he posted he was required to produce a TAX RETURN 1040 as he only send transcript to the interview.

ALL instructions for the 134 and the embassy state TAX RETURNS... why are you fighting the obvious. :blink:

I read the Posting also. he said they gave him a 221G for 1040

Edited by southcalhog

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

If not a transcript, they usually want a photocopy of your signed return, with all attachments. In other words, they want to see what you sent the IRS. Of course, now that they don't send out address labels anymore, I guess they have to take what they can get.

If you sign a pdf copy, I hope you don't intend on backdating it, because that would be misrepresentation.

That was exactly my intent; what else can I do? They are literally asking the impossible. I did not file taxes 2 years ago using today's date, so that would be misrepresentation. Nor can I photocopy what I sent in 2 years ago because it was electronic and not signed. The process gives me a PDF. In the past, when I was required to provide tax return for other purposes (mortgage, etc.), I was required to backdate it... I had accidentally left off any signature, and they required that I send them back with the backdate specifically requested. (Logic or reasoning didn't matter much with the bank either.)

If they really want a 1040 and also remain logical about the whole thing, the only logical request would be for the PDF file, unsigned. Or, accompanied by a separate letter that is signed, declaring that this is a genuine printout of the actual tax returns that I filed. I have no idea if they would go for this though.

[/quoteW

The website also says the benificary should schedule an appointment after the receive the package from the embassy.

Look here is the bottom line. I have a friend that works at one of the service centers, USICS sets the standards, and the embassy follows the guidelines, unless local customs dictate something that the state department has to approve. The Tax return transcript is perfeclt acceptable and used by 1000's every year in Manila. If some one says they got a refusal for that, then they are mistaken about the real cause. Maybe the transcript did not show enough income, but I promise you it was not for having a transcript alone.

So where is the post you all keep talking about ?? I can never seem to get that question answered ?

That was exactly my intent; what else can I do? They are literally asking the impossible. I did not file taxes 2 years ago using today's date, so that would be misrepresentation. Nor can I photocopy what I sent in 2 years ago because it was electronic and not signed. The process gives me a PDF. In the past, when I was required to provide tax return for other purposes (mortgage, etc.), I was required to backdate it... I had accidentally left off any signature, and they required that I send them back with the backdate specifically requested. (Logic or reasoning didn't matter much with the bank either.)

If they really want a 1040 and also remain logical about the whole thing, the only logical request would be for the PDF file, unsigned. Or, accompanied by a separate letter that is signed, declaring that this is a genuine printout of the actual tax returns that I filed. I have no idea if they would go for this though.

I wonder if they would accept a copy of your confirmation that the return was accepted electronically as being the same as a signature.

So where is the post you all keep talking about ?? I can never seem to get that question answered ?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/346296-221g-tax-return/

The OP is confusing. It sounds like he sent his 2010 transcripts, but didn't have enough income, so they requested his 2010 and 2011 returns and w-2's.

Im concerned because I did not make enough in 2010, but I did in 2011. I just submitted my 2011 taxes and gave her both 2010 and 2011 Tax Return and W2s. Praying they will accept this now...
Edited by ☼

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.