4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

Has anyone not included tax returns and gotten approved and/or not received an RFE? We filed separately for 2010 for a reason, so we didn't include that in our application. We have other convincing evidence of a bonafide marriage, so we didn't feel it necessary to include the return:

Copy of water bill with both names

Copy of joint credit card accounts

Copy of joint checking account

Copy of joint stock account

Copy of automobile insurance coverage with both names

Copy of vaccination certificate for pet dog with both names

Copy of Life insurance policy naming me as beneficiary

Copy of Guardian Life insurance with both names as insureds

Copy of Group Term Life and Accidental Death coverage naming hubby as beneficiary

Copy of Automobile title with both names

Copy of Notice of Transfer of Rights of house with both names on it

Copy of Home owner’s title insurance addressed to both names

Copy of Property tax information addressed to both names

Picture of the two of us with family and friends (2010-2011)

Copies of holiday cards addressed to both

Notarized affidavits from family and friends

I guess in the end if we get an RFE for it, we'll have to send it with an explanation of why we filed separately, but really if you read the instructions, it does say "including" meaning, "not required".

Just wanted to see other people's experience.

Thanks,

Tina

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Filed: Timeline

You will have to include returns or transcripts for the N-400 if and when you/he/she decides to a become a USC, so keep that in mind. It doesn't matter if they are joint returns, or married filing separately, as long as both spouses are listed on the returns, even better if they are filing from the same address. The USCIS likes to see that you are paying your taxes.

Edited by ☼

Timeline

Thanks for the tip - will keep that in mind. I'm just not sure if I will get RFE for this time. I guess we'll have to see...

Naturalization Journey

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Timeline

Yeah, I do see that for the N-400 instructions that it does explicitly say to include tax returns for the last three years, but it is "optional" for I-751....so we'll see!

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.