tigey

Can I visit the USA while the K-1 is being processed?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

I am not in the USA, my fiance is. I go to see her every month or so. I have a UK passport, so I enter on Visa Waiver with ESTA number. We applied for the K-1 and got NOA yesterday. Can I travel to the USA to see her while this is being processed?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yes

With that sort of frequency you can expect to be further questioned at some point.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Yes

With that sort of frequency you can expect to be further questioned at some point.

thanks, I have been doing that two years and never got questioned. I suppose they see my expired f-1 and H-1B in the passport and know ive been through the system. Ive even had multiple indefinite also.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Yes you can.

Just bring with you a lot of ties to your home country. They'll probably question you more, and some people have been turned away. But usually if you provide a lot of home ties to show that you'll return to your country, than you *should* be fine. You would think that common sense would say that if you applied for the petition than you wouldn't jeopardize it. But, I guess they want to be safer than sorry.

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

should I make it known to the immigration officer that I am in the process of applying for a K-1?

NO, unless they ask you about it.

Answer each question truthfully but briefly to the point. Never volunteer any information they don't ask.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

From our experience you can visit the US if you want just be prepared to get some questions. They normally want to see proof that you will return to your home country. This can be things like mortgage payments, apt contracts, auto loans, letter from employer and etc. Just do t be surprised when they pull you in the back room and ask some questions,

Met in Feb 2009 while I was working overseas.

Started dating almost 1 year to the date that we met in Feb of 2010.

Returned to the US in Sep 2010 :(

July 2011 - Proposed

Aug. 1st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F

Aug. 4th, 2011 - NOA1

Jan. 10th, 2012 - NOA2

Jan. 18th, 2012- NVC rec

Jan. 19th, 2012 - NVC sent

Jan. 25th, 2012 -Tokyo Embasy Rec.

Jan. 27th, 2012 - Packet 3 Rec.

Feb. 6th, 2012 - Packet 3 Mailed

Feb. 10th, 2012 - Packet 4 Rec. (by E-mail)

Feb. 22nd, 2012 - Medical Exam

Feb. 23rd, 2012 - Hard Copy of Packet 4 Rec. (Same as information in E-mail)

March 12th, 2012 - Visa Interview

March 14th, 2012 - Visa Recived

May 29th, 2012 - Came to USA !!!

June 8th, 2012 - Married :)

June 12th, 2012 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Mailed

June 18th, 2012 - NOA for AOS Packet

July 16th, 2012 - Bio

Aug. 23rd, 2012 - AP/EAD approved

Aug. 29th, 2012 - AOS interview

Aug. 29th, 2012 - AOS approved

Aug. 31st, 2012 - AP/EAD recived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.