Vicky and Larry

Info on Visa Medical at Knightsbride London

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey, VJ community.

This post is specifically for those people who will carry out their visa medical at Knightsbridge doctors in the U.K for the K1 and k2 visa's.

Okay, it's quite an informal affair, so please do not get yourselves as worked up as I was until I arrived. You will hand over your paperwork to the receptionist (which should consist of your medical questionnaire, passports, U.K sized photo's, police certificate(s) and immunization history) DO NOT panic if you have not yet received either your police certificate(s) or the immunization records as these can be forwarded on to the doctors at Knightsbridge once you have completed and paid for the medical. If you decide to wait to have your immunizations at the AOS stage then that is AOkay. You just need to identify how up to date you are with your medical records and then have them done in the U.S. Once they doctors have your results and paperwork it generally takes 4 working days for the Embassy to receive them.

Once you have gone through all of that you will be asked to sit in a waiting room. Then you will be called for your chest Xray. You will de-robe and wear a robe and then your Xrays of your chest will be taken. Once you have done this you will see a nurse about your immunizations where she will explain about you having your shots in the U.S at the AOS stage if that is what you wish to do. Back to the waiting room where you will see a doctor. Once in the room with the doctor she will ask you to fill out a few more questionnaire type forms with the same kinds of questions that you will have answered on the one you printed out and took with you.

She will weigh you and measure your height, next she will do an eye test (one hand over each eye one at a time) and ask you to read out the letters from the 2nd to last row from the bottom. Now she will take your blood, which I was informed by her is to test for syphilis ONLY. They only test for drugs if you have a criminal record related to drug or alcohol offenses. Next she checked my lower abdomen and asked me to cough, looked over my skin, checked my breasts and armpits and lymph-nodes areas, and then listened to my lungs. It was all over in about 30 minutes. Obviously, this is from my perspective as a woman, but my 16 year old son reported the same apart from the fact that she looked over his genitalia area to identify if there were any abnormalities.

It was pain free and quick and easy. They will tell you that if you don't hear from them in 2 - 3 days time that that is good news about your results. No news means good news!!!

I hope this helps!

Vicky

event.png

event.png

Watied 129days from NOA1 for NOA2

event.png

Medical January 9th 2012.

Interview date received January 25th

Interview February 15th 2012 - APPROVED.

Received Visa's (K1 and K2) February 23rd 2012.

POE February 24th 2012.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to United Kingdom regional forum; topic is country specific.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to post about your physical. Even though I'm not having my physical at your doctor (or even in your country)it was nice to read about how your tests were done :)

Thank you very much Vicky :thumbs: This is hopefully the next step for Jess and I to go through. Do they ask you to bring a copy of your GP notes, do you sign a release form in advance or is it based off the questionnaire that you fill in? Just so I can plan ahead and see about getting the notes if needed and what paycheck to hit with that :P

Thank you very much Vicky :thumbs: This is hopefully the next step for Jess and I to go through. Do they ask you to bring a copy of your GP notes, do you sign a release form in advance or is it based off the questionnaire that you fill in? Just so I can plan ahead and see about getting the notes if needed and what paycheck to hit with that :P

They don't need your GP notes but if you have anything in your medical history then it might be worth getting some info from your GP. I had cancer 17 years ago and I thought that was history but at the medical they asked me to get a letter from my GP explaining my diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. It is also worth asking your GP for a printout of your vaccination record and if you are missing any your GP may well do them for free. I had to have MMR and a Polio/Diptheria/Tetanus booster and my GP practice did them both for free.

01/27/2011 - Trevor's N400 submitted
02/18/2011 - Married
04/02/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received - priority date 03/30/2011
07/08/2011 - Trevor is now a USC - called USCIS to request upgrade of the petition.
08/02/2011 - NOA2
09/08/2011 - LND case number received, medical booked
09/26/2011 - Case complete at NVC
09/30/2011 - Interview date assigned
11/08/2011 - Interview - approved!!
11/10/2011 - Visa in hand
12/04/2011 - POE in Atlanta
12/12/2011 - SSN number received in mail
12/12/2011 - Welcome notice received
01/06/2012 - Green card received
09/06/2013 - File for Removal of Conditions
10/01/2013 - Biometrics for ROC
02/03/2014 - Card production email received

02/17/2014 - 2nd card production email received

02/28/2014 - 10 year Green card received

They don't need your GP notes but if you have anything in your medical history then it might be worth getting some info from your GP. I had cancer 17 years ago and I thought that was history but at the medical they asked me to get a letter from my GP explaining my diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.

Congratulations on your recovery. Thankfully I haven't had any thing that has required any sort of long term medical treatment or longstanding medical issues.

It is also worth asking your GP for a printout of your vaccination record and if you are missing any your GP may well do them for free. I had to have MMR and a Polio/Diptheria/Tetanus booster and my GP practice did them both for free.

I get all the vaccines I would need in September time and I have the print out from the GP surgery (not on headed paper and no cover letter though)

Timeline

No problem!

It makes me feel good to know that I can offer my experiences to people in the same situation.

As far as G.P notes and such you won't need any of that UNLESS you have answered 'yes' to any of the questions on the questionnaire, or any of the verbal questions the doctor will ask about any illnesses. If you have had any previous or ongoing medical issues it's imperative that you get a letter from your doctor outlining when you were treated, prognosis and how your health is at the time of the medical. Again, do not panic if you have not managed to get this information at the time of the medical, they won't release your results to the Embassy without that information, so all you will have to do is fax it or email it in (they give you email/fax info when you pay).

Please don't hesitate to ask any other questions I am more than happy to help out if I can. :)

Vicky

Edited by Vicky and Larry

event.png

event.png

event.png

POE February 24th 2012.

Timeline

They don't need your GP notes but if you have anything in your medical history then it might be worth getting some info from your GP. I had cancer 17 years ago and I thought that was history but at the medical they asked me to get a letter from my GP explaining my diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. It is also worth asking your GP for a printout of your vaccination record and if you are missing any your GP may well do them for free. I had to have MMR and a Polio/Diptheria/Tetanus booster and my GP practice did them both for free.

This information is exactly as I know it. We opted to get the vaccinations done out in the states as I had been out there for three months prior to the medical and we just wanted to just get things moving along.

Congratulations on being healthy!!!

event.png

event.png

event.png

POE February 24th 2012.

As far as G.P notes and such you won't need any of that UNLESS you have answered 'yes' to any of the questions on the questionnaire

Does that include hospitalisation for minor things or being an ex-smoker?

Timeline

Does that include hospitalization for minor things or being an ex-smoker?

I would use your discretion. The more you divulge the more complicated and lengthy the process becomes, as long as you don't withhold any information about major illnesses that may effect you once you have emigrated I would discount minor hospitalizations. As for smoking, they ask you if you use tobacco, but you won't need any medical evidence about that unless you have had some smoking related illness. And, besides the chest Xray will be looking for any issues with your lungs. They only follow-up on the questions that you answer 'yes' to, so if you have not answered 'yes' to any of the questions on the questionnaire (apart from tobacco use) then they won't ask you to provide any other information.

Have a look at the medical questionnaire; you will see from that the kinds of illnesses they are interested in.

:)

Edited by Vicky and Larry

event.png

event.png

event.png

POE February 24th 2012.

So mentioning that I was in hospital as a kid to have my adenoids (like tonsils) removed might be unnecessary oversharing then? :P

As for tobacco I stopped smoking 7 years ago so hopefully that will not be an issue.

Edited by Jessa & Liam

Timeline

So mentioning that I was in hospital as a kid to have my adenoids (like tonsils) removed might be unnecessary oversharing then? :P

As for tobacco I stopped smoking 7 years ago so hopefully that will not be an issue.

Definitely over sharing, ha, ha. :lol:

The questionnaire asks" have you ever used tobacco" and later on when you see the doctor I believe there is another form that asks whether you still use tobacco.

Here take a gander! :)

LND-MED-ENGL-0001-1104.pdf

event.png

event.png

event.png

POE February 24th 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.