iloveufrancis

I REALLY NEED HELP!!!!!!!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I found a VJ thread that may help answer the question for I-864 and I-864A.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/303826-i-864-affidavit-of-support-wco-sponsor/page__p__4591617#entry4591617

Looks like the Co-sponsor does not need to fill-out the I-864A. But check with USCIS before sending off the additional documents.

USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC): 1-800-375-5283

Poverty Guidelines for 2011 for I-864

125% of Poverty Line

Must Equal: $18,387

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

the AOS was submitted by your petitioner did not meet the poverty line that is why they are asking to fill out I-864 which is for your husband and he has to find a co-sponsor (I-864A), when submitting these forms include the recent federal income tax...letter from the employer(s) that shows both of the sponsors are working. make a copy of his naturalization if he is a USC or if he is an alien holder then make a copy of that........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

my husband is making $28,000 annually..but why the consular asking for co sponsor...:(

He makes enough for up to 3 people living in his house. Do they think that he has more people living with him? What happened in the interview for them to ask for the extra papers and for a co-sponsor because he does make enough for 2 people, he makes way more than enough. Could it be because of the type of job he has? did they feel it was not a stable job and ask for a co-sponsor?

It must be annoying for them to do this but if he can find a co-sponsor and get the papers to you quickly the sooner it will be over

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

He is a Disabled Veteran/Student he gets money from the VA and the GI Bill..and he also have assets which is $25,000...he is out of the army last may 2010..

Thats probably why they want the co-sponsor then - because he doesn't have a "job" he is a student and collects his income from the VA. Just try and get the papers quickly and send them to the embassy. You should have your visa in no time after that.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

is it ok if any relatives or friends will going to be our co sponsor??should we really have to submit I-864 and I-864a or we can choose between those forms??

It can be friend or family, as long as they meet the income requirement for their family + you.

I don't think you need the 864A if the person does not live with him.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

my husband is making $28,000 annually..but why the consular asking for co sponsor...:(

because NONE of that 'income' is W-2 income, as you've revealed in your OTHER TOPIC.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

When we did our AOS in late 2009, we needed a cosponsor for the I-864 because my USC wife was not working at the time. Her mother-in-law agreed to be our cosponsor. So my wife filled out an I-864, and my mother-in-law filled out an I-864. We did not need to use an I-864A, because my mother-in-law's income was sufficient, by itself, to meet the requirements for a household that includes her, her husband (my father-in-law), my wife (who was living with her parents as a dependent at the time) and me.

If my mother-in-law had not had sufficient income for the household size, she could have had my father-in-law fill out an I-864A, so that his income would help her qualify to sponsor us. But that wasn't necessary.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

He is a Disabled Veteran/Student he gets money from the VA and the GI Bill..and he also have assets which is $25,000...he is out of the army last may 2010..

GI BILL IS A FUND FOR SCHOOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i am so confused right now I-864 is the JOINT SPONSOR who does not live with you..but,,the I-864A is the JOINT SPONSOR who is living with you...RIGHT???...and my problem is we cant submit i-864a cuz my spouse is just living alone..but he has relatives who can be our co sponsor but they are not living with my spouse..like my spouse is in TEXAS nad his relatives are in OHIO...

Yes, you are night.

I-864 is for the Co-sponsor who does not live with your husband.

I-864A is for the Co-sponsor who lives with your husband in the same house.

According to your situation, your husband cannot submit I-864A because no one lives in his household besides him.

According to your post, if he has relatives in Ohio, and he is living in Texas. No problem. Relatives in Ohio can be Co-sponsors.

Relatives have to fill out I-864. They also need to submit the documents that are needed with I-864 (Tax returns or transcript, Bank Letter, Job Letter, etc.).

For your information, according to the instructions, A joint sponsor does not have to be related to the petitioning sponsor or the intending immigrant.

So it can be your husband's friend or a colleague.

Good luck and don't give up. Be patient things will work out. I understand your situation. Give it some time. Patience is the key. :yes:

As always, VJers are always here to help. :thumbs:

What Is a Joint Sponsor?

If the person who is seeking the immigration of one or more of his or her relatives cannot meet the income requirements, a "joint sponsor" who can meet the requirements may submit a Form I-864 to sponsor all or some of the family members.

A joint sponsor can be any U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident who is at least 18 years old, domiciled in the United States, or its territories or possessions, and willing to be held jointly liable with the petitioner for the support of the intending immigrant. A joint sponsor does not have to be related to the petitioning sponsor or the intending immigrant.

CR-1/NVC
November 16, 2009: Sign-in Failed!!
November 16, 2009: December interviews already scheduled. Operator told me to wait for a possible January interview date. Call back in the 2nd week of December
November 30, 2009: Been trying to call NVC but line busy since late after noon. Finally, got email appointment letter from NVC with the Interview date of January 19, 2010. Yeppe Alhamdulillah>
December 24, 2009: Medical Done and report recieved the same day.
January 11, 2010: Medical submitted at VFS. They asked for: Copy of Packet 3, Appointment letter, and Passport. They told her to take a copy of I-864 and the documents submitted with it, at the time of interview with other proof of relationship documents.
January 19, 2010: VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 21, 2010: Visa recieved in mail (Package included passport with visa stamped, sealed big brown envelop to be submitted at POE immigration at the airport, and instructions to apply for SS Card)

USA
February 07, 2010: POE Chicago --> Very easy, within 45 minutes
March 02, 2010: SS Card recieved in mail. Welcome letter recieved in mail as well
March 13, 2010: GC Recieved in mail

January 29, 2015: N-400 Application submitted

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.