jeffreynew

If we do not receive the Package 3, with cover letter can we go ahead and send I-230 to embassy

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

At the point of receiving NVC notice dated Dec, 16. No Package 3 delivered to fiance in Thailand yet.

Have some questions, if anyone can help. Fiance going ahead with Physical today. Everything else pretty much in order. Next the Police background. However I have read both things.

1. The background check requires a copy of the cover letter from package 3

2. Also, that it can be do done with NOA2, is this right?

Also wondering...

• How long after how long after NVC notice does it normally take to receive Package 3?

• Is there a way of checking if the consulate received the NVC notice?

• If we do not receive the Package 3, with cover letter can we go ahead and send I-230 to embassy along with the other supporting documents such as listed here:

DS-230 Part I (unsigned)

2 passport photos

Copy of passport

DS-2001 Checklist Included with Packet 3, Signed, Stating all Requirements Obtained.

*Must be mailed to the IVU*

U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Consular Section

Attention: Immigrant Visa Unit

95 Wireless Road

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

• Is this the time the fee is paid? or is it actually directly before the interview?

• If this is the time the fee is paid, how do we know the exact amount? I have checked everywhere for this and not been able to find a Fee price.

If we are able to send in the form DS-230 with supporting documents, will the consulate office go ahead and schedule the interview?

Am I right in assuming the interview will not be scheduled until the Package 3 cover is received back with form DS-2001?

Does anyone know how often the appointment schedule is updated on BKK website?

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/scheduled-appointments.html

Really appreciate any help.

Jeff

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

At the point of receiving NVC notice dated Dec, 16. No Package 3 delivered to fiance in Thailand yet.

Have some questions, if anyone can help. Fiance going ahead with Physical today. Everything else pretty much in order. Next the Police background. However I have read both things.

1. The background check requires a copy of the cover letter from package 3

2. Also, that it can be do done with NOA2, is this right?

Also wondering...

• How long after how long after NVC notice does it normally take to receive Package 3?

• Is there a way of checking if the consulate received the NVC notice?

• If we do not receive the Package 3, with cover letter can we go ahead and send I-230 to embassy along with the other supporting documents such as listed here:

DS-230 Part I (unsigned)

2 passport photos

Copy of passport

DS-2001 Checklist Included with Packet 3, Signed, Stating all Requirements Obtained.

*Must be mailed to the IVU*

U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Consular Section

Attention: Immigrant Visa Unit

95 Wireless Road

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

• Is this the time the fee is paid? or is it actually directly before the interview?

• If this is the time the fee is paid, how do we know the exact amount? I have checked everywhere for this and not been able to find a Fee price.

If we are able to send in the form DS-230 with supporting documents, will the consulate office go ahead and schedule the interview?

Am I right in assuming the interview will not be scheduled until the Package 3 cover is received back with form DS-2001?

Does anyone know how often the appointment schedule is updated on BKK website?

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/scheduled-appointments.html

Really appreciate any help.

Jeff

Police will usually respond to anything indicating the need for the report. NOA 1 or 2 have been used in the past.

NVC to BKK takes about two weeks. All cases are sent to the consulate section across the street from the embassy which houses the visa section. This transfer of cases takes a few days believe it or not.

Contact consulate duty officer with your case number requesting notice.

The P 3 docs can be sent in anytime after you are sure the case is with the visa section.

Good idea to submit your tax transcripts for one to three years with the 134. Free from IRS by request. On line, by phone or by fax.

The fee can be paid at almost any Thai post office. I believe its 350 dollars. Post office knows current fee for K visa.

Interview date is triggered by the reciept of the P 3 docs.

Schedual updated end of every month unless they changed. Your case may never show on the schedual but you can see how busy they are. They see over 700 cases per month. Mon & Wed are dedicated to immigrant type visas. This is why itseems to take forever to get a date.

Your fiance can buy a special pin number at the post office which allows her X amount of calls directly into the visa section. These questions must be about general info & NOT about her exact case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Police will usually respond to anything indicating the need for the report. NOA 1 or 2 have been used in the past.

NVC to BKK takes about two weeks. All cases are sent to the consulate section across the street from the embassy which houses the visa section. This transfer of cases takes a few days believe it or not.

Contact consulate duty officer with your case number requesting notice.

The P 3 docs can be sent in anytime after you are sure the case is with the visa section.

Good idea to submit your tax transcripts for one to three years with the 134. Free from IRS by request. On line, by phone or by fax.

The fee can be paid at almost any Thai post office. I believe its 350 dollars. Post office knows current fee for K visa.

Interview date is triggered by the reciept of the P 3 docs.

Schedual updated end of every month unless they changed. Your case may never show on the schedual but you can see how busy they are. They see over 700 cases per month. Mon & Wed are dedicated to immigrant type visas. This is why itseems to take forever to get a date.

Your fiance can buy a special pin number at the post office which allows her X amount of calls directly into the visa section. These questions must be about general info & NOT about her exact case.

Thank You so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.