11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i have a conditional green that i recieved it through marriage to a US citizen few months back now i just got divorced and i am bout to file a waiver based on good faith marriage . me and my business partner got in wrong foot , now he has been threatening me to falsely complain USCIS for marriage fraud .... what if he goes through with his threat how its going to effect my case for removal of condition... i dont know what to do .. our marriage did not work out because of my husband's laziness he can hardly keep a job and i have got tired of taking care of all expenses and his gambling habbits so i filed for divorce its been six months i have had a conditional green card .. now here is another problem with my business partner has been threatening and blackmailing me for falsely accusing me to uscis for marriage fraud . waivers are hard to get approved already .. i dont know whats gonna happen if he goes through with his threat . i dont think he has mu alien number date of birth or social security number .. all he has got my name and my address .... please help any advice any suggestion would be appreciated

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Does he have any proof? Unless he has proof (emails you wrote where you said things, recorded conversations etc), then you are unlikely to run into major problems.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

id only worry if there is any truth to what s/he is saying.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Why is the business partner complaining? If you think it is blackmail, talk to a lawyer, and report it to the authorities. If this is a legitimate business, he has your social security number. That should be sufficient identification to identify you with the DHS if his suspicions are founded.

Sorry to be so blunt. Talk to a lawyer and explore your options.

Edited by ☼

no he does not have my social when we started this business together i did not have the green card and social security number .every thing was under his name . what happened that business did not work out we got behind our bills and expenses $20,000 . most of it his fault because he made wrong decision .. we were partners 50 50 profit or loss .. now i am liable to pay $10000 but he wants me to come up with whole $20,000 by the end of this month .. if i dont he threats me to report to USCIS and falsely accuse me for married fraud .. our marriage was 100% real it just did not work out were were married for a year an a half i have got my conditional green card six month ago now i am going to file waiver .. but afraid about his threats ......i dont have the money to pay him .. i can hardly come up with $10000 but not $20000 before the 1st of the month .. i dont know what to do .. i am very worried .. please give me some advice...

no he does not have my social when we started this business together i did not have the green card and social security number .every thing was under his name . what happened that business did not work out we got behind our bills and expenses $20,000 . most of it his fault because he made wrong decision .. we were partners 50 50 profit or loss .. now i am liable to pay $10000 but he wants me to come up with whole $20,000 by the end of this month .. if i dont he threats me to report to USCIS and falsely accuse me for married fraud .. our marriage was 100% real it just did not work out were were married for a year an a half i have got my conditional green card six month ago now i am going to file waiver .. but afraid about his threats ......i dont have the money to pay him .. i can hardly come up with $10000 but not $20000 before the 1st of the month .. i dont know what to do .. i am very worried .. please give me some advice...

Sound like you really need to talk to a lawyer. Look for one with free consultation to get you started in the right direction. Most lawyers I have met will be thorough and give you an estimate of what it will cost if you want to proceed in that first consultation.

you need not add worrying about USCIS issues to your business worries.

he is welcome to contact ICE but unless he has very good evidence, nothing will come of it.

file the waiver and do your best to extricate yourself from the business.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

my business partner has been threatening and blackmailing me

That is criminal behavior; contact the police and ask for a restraining order. If you are clean, you have nothing to fear.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Go to the local police or FBI, and file a crime report, see a business attorney.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

if he has no proof and you have no proof, you can accuse each other until you both are blue but it won't do any good. Don't pay him the 20k. File the for the waiver and hope you get lucky. If you don't then leave and save yourself 20k. If you get the waiver, then see if your contract with him really requires you to pay and if so pay the 10k.

if you go after him with no evidence it is guaranteed he will report you for spite even with no evidence. Just focus on the waiver and the results of that will let you know where you stand.

he doesn't have any proof or my social security or my date of birth all he has got is my name and the date of of adjustment of status interview when i went with my husband . our marriage was real it just didn't work out ......so i should not be worried by his accusations to uscis because he doesn't have any proof plus i should call the police make a police report and should mention his threats .. so if incase he does falsely report me to uscis i should have a proof to show what was was going on and what was his motive behind the accusation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.