sunk2012

Can early biometrics really speed up the I-751 process

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi

I have a biometrics date in Jan last week but I am planning to be out of country for few weeks during that time. I have appointment in San Jose, CA and can show them my trip itenary. Not sure if they will allow but if they will allow, can that also speed up the whole process in terms of timeline

I can see the timelines are short for people who had early biometrics done. In that case how much time it can take for I-751 approval for CSC. My receipt date of application is 12/16/11

Thanking You

I suppose you can CALL Them and ask if you can get your bio done early, I seen some members here have it done early.

But as for speeding it up? Nope, Chuck Testa says it won't.

And for processing time? Depends, some gets it done in weeks and some gets it done close to a year.

Edited by Steve D.

I don't think it speeds things up but if you are going to be out of town and it isn't too far I would go for it. I have done it twice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It can speed things up yes. It means they're able to continue processing sooner. There is one poster I remember received his EAD before the scheduled biometrics date proving it did in fact speed things up. Had he waited for the actual biometrics date his EAD of course would have taken longer to continue processing.

As for how long approval will take.. honestly no-one can tell you for sure. 3-6 months. If your USC window opens while waiting for ROC you can apply for USC which should force your ROC to be adjudicated. You don't HAVE to apply for USC but if it's in your plans it's good to know you don't need to wait for ROC approval before applying.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I found a couple of posts on here the other day that said people had successfully completed biometrics early at the San Jose office. I would give it a try.

event.png

We are a July (5th) filer. Had my biometrics done in July 25th and so far, we are still waiting for that elusive 10 year GC. But hey, we filed in Vermont so who knows, you may beat us to the finish line. :(

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We are a July (5th) filer. Had my biometrics done in July 25th and so far, we are still waiting for that elusive 10 year GC. But hey, we filed in Vermont so who knows, you may beat us to the finish line. :(

wow!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband went in early for biometrics for citizenship, and it actually took more than a year for him to finish the process. He sent the paperwork in May 2010, biometrics done July 2010, oath ceremony July 2011. I don't think the delay had anything to do with biometrics, but getting them done early didn't seem to help him get the process finished sooner either!

But yes, if you can do them earlier and it's more convenient, then go for it. He did his earlier because it worked better for his schedule. Well, for the whole family's schedule!

best wishes for your journey!

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

wow!!

Yep. Sucks but...oh well.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.