Sarah&Michel

Five months and waiting I-129F

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi,

I received my NOA for on August 1, 2011 and have not heard any news since. I just called the customer service number and when I entered my case number, I was told that that case number could not be found. It doesn't seem that I can get through to an actual USCIS representative via the customer service number. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any suggestions as to how to speak to someone about the case?

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sarah

N-400

06/18/2016 Mailed N-400 application

06/21/2016 NOA

07/22/2016 Biometrics

08/26/2016 In line for interview

10/24/2016 Interview (approved)

11/16/2016 Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

If you received you NOA1 in August then your NOA2 should be coming this month or so.

M

K1 VISA PROCESS ROC PROCESS

12/06/11: I129F sent 05/01/15: ROC pack sent via Fedex
12/13/11: text received with receipt number 05/04/15: ROC delivered to VSC
12/16/11: NOA1 received
12/21/11: Touched!!!
06/06/12: NOA2 text and e-mail
06/18/12: NVC received our file (12 days since NOA2 e-mail)
06/19/12: file sent to the embassy in Lima
06/21/12: NOA2 hard copy. Finally!!! (15 days since approval e-mail)
06/21/12: Case at the embassy in Lima
07/09/12: Packet 4 received
07/23/12: Medical
08/08/12: Interview at the Embassy in Lima: APPROVED!!!!
08/15/12: Visa in hand
08/19/12: POE Atlanta (took 15 minutes)
08/20/12: Applied for marriage license
08/25/12: Official engagement party with my parents
08/28/12: MARRIAGE!!!

AOS PROCESS

09/04/12: SSN Application
09/11/12: SSN card received
09/14/12: AOS Combo pack sent via Fedex
09/17/12: AOS package received and signed by L. Martinez
09/19/12: E-mail notification with 3 receipt numbers of AOS Combo pack
09/24/12: NOA1 for GC,EAD,AP received
10/24/12: Biometrics appointment
11/28/12: EAD and AP card on production
12/07/12: EAD and AP card received

07/29/13: Green Card/document production (10 months and 12 days)

an1cMjYVM2J0010OXNsenwwMDAwMTNkYXxjYXNhZ
as1cEXUNw3-0000MDAwMTUwbHwwMDAxMzk4bHxlb

"Por fin juntos y finalmente casados amor de mi vida, my soulmate"

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

I received my NOA for on August 1, 2011 and have not heard any news since. I just called the customer service number and when I entered my case number, I was told that that case number could not be found. It doesn't seem that I can get through to an actual USCIS representative via the customer service number. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any suggestions as to how to speak to someone about the case?

Thanks!

Sarah

You need to talk to a human, preferably the tier 2 type. Check out this post its helpful.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293330-calling-uscis/

Timeline

If you received you NOA1 in August then your NOA2 should be coming this month or so.

M

I think the OP is concerned that the case number was not in the system not necessarily that NOA2 had not arrived.

Timeline

I think the OP is concerned that the case number was not in the system not necessarily that NOA2 had not arrived.

Thanks for all the responses. I see that someone else on the forum is also in a similar predicament. I guess the key is to keep being patient. But yes, I am a little concerned that the case number is not in the system. A couple months back I had checked online and had the same response-- case number not found. But I read on this forum, that that is normal and so I wasn't that worried. Now, I am starting to get a little nervous. Has anyone else called the customer service number and also been told that the case number could not be located?

N-400

06/21/2016 NOA

07/22/2016 Biometrics

11/16/2016 Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi Sarah,

have you checked your case status at: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

and nothing comes up?

Mine took a bit longer than five months to get my NOA2, but I could check the status on their website.

Good luck,

Ann

Timeline

Hi Sarah,

have you checked your case status at: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

and nothing comes up?

Mine took a bit longer than five months to get my NOA2, but I could check the status on their website.

Good luck,

Ann

No. Nothing comes up. It says "Your case number can not be found at this time in My Case Status." :unsure:

N-400

06/21/2016 NOA

07/22/2016 Biometrics

11/16/2016 Oath ceremony

Timeline

Thanks for all the responses. I see that someone else on the forum is also in a similar predicament. I guess the key is to keep being patient. But yes, I am a little concerned that the case number is not in the system. A couple months back I had checked online and had the same response-- case number not found. But I read on this forum, that that is normal and so I wasn't that worried. Now, I am starting to get a little nervous. Has anyone else called the customer service number and also been told that the case number could not be located?

Its always comforting to hear from people with similar situations but I have found that everyones journey is a little bit different. It may be time to take charge and try to get an answer from NCSC about your case number coming up nil. Ask to speak to a tier 2 ISO and don't hang up until you are satisfied. Even then be sure to document the call and record the persons name.

Good luck and let us know what happens!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'm in the same boat in regards to the never ending "case number not found" and my five months date is fast approaching. When I talked to a second tier support person back in December, they confirmed my case was in the 'real' system just not in the 'public facing' system, and further mentioned that this "was a common problem" with cases at VSC, but it doesn't reflect any issue with the case. It does, however, make the wait that much more difficult.

Best of luck!

Edited by E & S

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I just talked to a 2nd tier type at USCIS about my case that's pending at VSC. This one stated that the status problem is caused by some 'software compatibility issue'. bleh, apparently this is why my prior service request to resolve the issue had no effect.

Anyways, she mentioned that VSC is processing cases from around July 10th and it may be another month before mine with an Aug 12 NOA1 gets processed :blink::o

Just figured I'd share... Best of luck all..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I just talked to a 2nd tier type at USCIS about my case that's pending at VSC. This one stated that the status problem is caused by some 'software compatibility issue'. bleh, apparently this is why my prior service request to resolve the issue had no effect.

Anyways, she mentioned that VSC is processing cases from around July 10th and it may be another month before mine with an Aug 12 NOA1 gets processed :blink::o

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

I filed at the end of August 2010 and didn't get my NOA2 till mid march of this year given I had a RFE (for something minor) this only slowed it down my a month. Typically the last couple of months at the end each year they get slammed but then things start happening turning around fast at the beginning of each new year. So hang in there and be patient you will see some thing soon! :yes:

Timeline

FYI some August petitions from VSC were approved yesterday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Hi,

Thanks!

Sarah

You should be hearing something in a few weeks is my guestimate. I received an RFE for initial evidence last month in December 2011 and sent it back in 2 days to which they received it. I had somehow missed answering a question just below the military question on the I-129F. I did an inquiry a few days back and I was told an officer would have a decision in a couple of weeks to a few weeks.

Sooooooooooooooooo, you should be hearing something soon since you did not have a RFE :thumbs: May our approvals come very soon :yes: Have a wonderful day!

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Laos

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-19

I-129F RFE(s) : 2011-11-28

RFE Reply(s) : 2011-12-13 Received my initial evidence, 2012-01-03 congressional inquiry conducted; officer is looking at the documents; says should have decision in a few weeks

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-01-25

NVC Received : 2012-02-03

NVC Left : 2012-02-14

Consulate Received : 2012-02-21

Packet 3 Received : 2012-02-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-03-19

Packet 4 Received : 2012-04-02

Interview Date : 2012-05-10

2012-05-25 Evidence given to consular officer.

Interview Result : Approved!

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.