FEB 2012 MUMBAI INTERVIEWS

128 posts in this topic

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i didnt...i called them and got to know...whts ur status now??

Very Happy to say, i got case complete yesterday Jan 11, 2012. did not get any mail, got to know from operator.

God is good all the time. He did great things for me.

I was waiting for almost a month.

Also still i am able to log into NVC sign page. I did not get sign in fail yet.what was ur case?

i didnt...i called them and got to know...whts ur status now??

All the best for ur interview

God is Good All The Time

Timeline

Hi friends,

did u guys get a case complete mail from NVC when the case got complete?

Yes. I received a text message as well as an email. But from reading on VJ, seems like for a few cases, it has been forwarded to the consulate and they just schedule an interview without a CC confirmation. Just call NVC to find out more info!

Very Happy to say, i got case complete yesterday Jan 11, 2012. did not get any mail, got to know from operator.

Also still i am able to log into NVC sign page. I did not get sign in fail yet.what was ur case?

Just saw this now...congrats! :)

USCIS

NOA1 - 6/9/2011

NOA2 - 8/31/2011

NVC

NVC received - 9/5/2011

NVC case & IIN # - 9/28/2011

I-864 & DS-230 sent - 10/20/2011

Case Completed - 10/26/2011

Interview

Mumbai - 2/21/2012

Timeline

All the best for ur interview

thank you....and yes its normal for you to still be able to log in that page...I got an interview date and am still able to sign in..I don't think it;s an issue at all..!

Timeline

thank you....and yes its normal for you to still be able to log in that page...I got an interview date and am still able to sign in..I don't think it;s an issue at all..!

Thanks icy_waiting. :)

God is Good All The Time

Timeline

Does anyone know how long does it take to get the reports after checkup?

where are you doing ur medical? we get the report the same day in lilavati,mumbai and i have heard on the second day in Apollo, Chennai...not sure abt the others...

Timeline

Hey guys...one question..what should the date be on the i-864 form and the ds230 form when we take it to the interview or vfs for that matter...Does it need to be the current/present date or is it ok if we bring the copies of the one we sent to NVC (which has an earlier date..nov..)??

Hope somebody can shed some light on this...thank you...

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys...one question..what should the date be on the i-864 form and the ds230 form when we take it to the interview or vfs for that matter...Does it need to be the current/present date or is it ok if we bring the copies of the one we sent to NVC (which has an earlier date..nov..)??

Hope somebody can shed some light on this...thank you...

I don't think we need to take this again. In the appoinment letter it will tell you what you need to take and what they already have from you.

where are you doing ur medical? we get the report the same day in lilavati,mumbai and i have heard on the second day in Apollo, Chennai...not sure abt the others...

My wife's interview is on the 7th and the earliest date i am getting is 2nd of Feb in Mumbai. Is that ok?

Timeline

I don't think we need to take this again. In the appoinment letter it will tell you what you need to take and what they already have from you.

My wife's interview is on the 7th and the earliest date i am getting is 2nd of Feb in Mumbai. Is that ok?

I believe this should be ok. As long as you get the results to take to the interview.

We're confused on what to submit to VFS. Is it just the documents listed at the end of the appt letter? We have submitted everything (originals and forms) to NVC and our appt letter only states only the payment is left to submit. Is that all we need to take to VFS (along with the appt letter)?

Timeline

I feel its fine..as my interview is on feb 10..and my medical is on 6th...they assured me if everything is normal I will be getting the report on the same day itself...

About VFS...there is a checklist which says what all we need to submit... http://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/890/pdfs/IV-visa-information--packet-4.pdf

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I feel its fine..as my interview is on feb 10..and my medical is on 6th...they assured me if everything is normal I will be getting the report on the same day itself...

About VFS...there is a checklist which says what all we need to submit... http://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/890/pdfs/IV-visa-information--packet-4.pdf

I thought we directly had to present them at the time of interview and this applied to other immigrant cases than CR1. Can someone please confirm?

Timeline

I have a few questions and would appreciate any clarification in that regard.

1. The petitioner pays the visa fee of $404 at NVC, isn't it?

2. The beneficiary only needs to pay Rs 384 or something similar at VFS?

3. Since all the original documents will be sent to NVC, does the beneficiary submit copies of those documents at VFS? If not, how?

4. The DS-230 I and II are to be sent back to the petitioner for submission at NVC, isn't it?

After going through that link provided above, I'm a bit confused about these things. In quite a few places, it has been mentioned that after the biometrics, the beneficiary is to pay the visa fee at the consulate. If so, what is the fee amount we're talking about? I'm totally confused here, as there seems to be conflicting information.

07/14/2011 Wedding

USCIS (187 days)

08/16/2011 I-130 filed

08/19/2011 NOA1
02/22/2012 NOA2

NVC (14 days)
03/08/2012 NVC case #, IIN, emailed DS-3032
03/13/2012 AOS invoiced & paid
03/14/2012 AOS package mailed
03/16/2012 DS-3032 acceptance
03/19/2012 IV bill invoiced and paid
03/20/2012 DS-230 package sent
03/22/2012 Case Complete
04/10/2012 Interview date assigned; packet IV received
MEDICALS/US CONSULATE/POE
05/02/2012 Medicals
05/09/2012 Interview APPROVED
05/11/2012 Visa in hand
05/24/2012 POE TORONTO
06/28/2012 Got SSN and Green Card

ROC

02/27/2014 Package sent

02/28/2014 NOA1

03/28/2014 Biometrics

06/20/2014 Approved

06/22/2014 Got the 10-yr GC
N-400

03/03/2015 Package sent

03/10/2015 Check encashed

03/13/2015 NOA

03/26/2015 Fingerprints

04/27/2015 In line

06/19/2015 Interview letter

07/23/2015 Interview

08/19/2015 Oath ceremony

Timeline

I have a few questions and would appreciate any clarification in that regard.

1. The petitioner pays the visa fee of $404 at NVC, isn't it? - YES

2. The beneficiary only needs to pay Rs 384 or something similar at VFS? -YES courier fee

3. Since all the original documents will be sent to NVC, does the beneficiary submit copies of those documents at VFS? If not, how?YES - submit only copies

4. The DS-230 I and II are to be sent back to the petitioner for submission at NVC, isn't it? either you or petitioner

After going through that link provided above, I'm a bit confused about these things. In quite a few places, it has been mentioned that after the biometrics, the beneficiary is to pay the visa fee at the consulate. If so, what is the fee amount we're talking about? I'm totally confused here, as there seems to be conflicting information.

pls see my comments inline.

then what is the status of your case

God is Good All The Time

Filed: Timeline

pls see my comments inline.

then what is the status of your case

Hi Divya,

We do not have to pay any fees if all have been paid earlier. We only need to pay Rs387 VFS courier fees. ALso, my attorney told me that, all the original docs will be returned to us at the consulate on the interview date. For submmiting the docs at VFS, Copies should do if you have them, else you can always show them the letter from NVC which confirms all the docs received by them and if they have asked for some specific docs to be carried , you can take only that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.