DaveLovesDasha

Moscow Interview

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How long after i successful interview can my fiance expect her visa? I have read they can issue it immediately, and other places say 4-5 days, and i've also read 1-2 weeks..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

How long after i successful interview can my fiance expect her visa? I have read they can issue it immediately, and other places say 4-5 days, and i've also read 1-2 weeks..

4-5 business days; you can pick it up at the local Pony Express office in Moscow or have it delivered to her hometown, which may be a few days.

Check out the Moscow Embassy website for info.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

4-5 business days; you can pick it up at the local Pony Express office in Moscow or have it delivered to her hometown, which may be a few days.

Check out the Moscow Embassy website for info.

So it's unrealistic to think they would issue it on the same day?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So it's unrealistic to think they would issue it on the same day?

In Moscow - yes.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Visas are never issued in Moscow on the same day. Never. However, it may be approved the next day (like mine - I even got a notification text message), but you will still be able to pick it up at Pony Express only on the third day after the interview. The cases with 1-2 weeks usually happen to people who forgot to bring an original document to the interview and have to mail it in or show up again - their visas are put on hold until they do that. So make sure that ALL your docs have been submitted in the form required (originals, translations) to avoid the unnecessary delay.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Visas are never issued in Moscow on the same day. Never. However, it may be approved the next day (like mine - I even got a notification text message), but you will still be able to pick it up at Pony Express only on the third day after the interview. The cases with 1-2 weeks usually happen to people who forgot to bring an original document to the interview and have to mail it in or show up again - their visas are put on hold until they do that. So make sure that ALL your docs have been submitted in the form required (originals, translations) to avoid the unnecessary delay.

Even after approval, it takes them a couple of days to print it up and assemble the sealed envelope.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There. That will bump that disgusting "Vodka" thread off the front page and into 2nd page oblivion where it belongs

Vodka is the leading cause of RUB women leaving their husbands.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Pony Express? I thought it was strictly pre-addressed DHL at this point.

Our timeline:

01/11/12 - Submitted I-130s to Moscow USCIS in person

01/12/12 - Had interview with Moscow USCIS officer to establish bonafide marriage

01/12/12 - I-130s approved and passed to US Consulate

01/13/12 - IV Unit in Moscow received approved petition

01/23/12 - We received confirmation that I-130s were approved by USCIS

01/24/12 - We received package notification from post office

01/26/12 - Picked up "package" - notifications from IV Unit with case numbers

01/26/12 - Set interview date online

02/01/12 - Passed medical exams

02/02/12 - Received police record

02/09/12 - Interview... APPROVED!

02/13/12 - Visa delivered

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

Timeline

Pony Express? I thought it was strictly pre-addressed DHL at this point.

Since September 1st 2011 it's Pony Express in Russia.

Since September 1st 2011 it's Pony Express in Russia.

You sure it's not the other way around?

Both http://moscow.usembassy.gov/ivisas_doc.html and http://moscow.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/iv-packet4-eng.pdf mention only DHL.

Our timeline:

01/12/12 - Had interview with Moscow USCIS officer to establish bonafide marriage

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

Timeline

You sure it's not the other way around?

Both http://moscow.usembassy.gov/ivisas_doc.html and http://moscow.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/iv-packet4-eng.pdf mention only DHL.

100% sure. My interview was in July - that's when they announced that there will be changes starting Sept. 1st. When I had my interview, it was still DHL, now it's Pony Express.

Those are old guides. Your wife should read the new guides, this guide in Russian has all the information about Pony Express: http://russian.moscow.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/iv-packet4-rus.pdf

Go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ for more information. Your wife will need to register on this website and provide the address for passport delivery.

100% sure. My interview was in July - that's when they announced that there will be changes starting Sept. 1st. When I had my interview, it was still DHL, now it's Pony Express.

Those are old guides. Your wife should read the new guides, this guide in Russian has all the information about Pony Express: http://russian.moscow.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/iv-packet4-rus.pdf

Go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ for more information. Your wife will need to register on this website and provide the address for passport delivery.

I'm accustomed to asking for the Russian menu at restaurants for fear of the English ones being out-of-date with unintelligible Russlish translation. But I'd never guess that my own embassy would be guilty of the same thing! And somehow we missed the reference to Pony Express while booking the interview date.

Anyway... thank you very much for the help!

Our timeline:

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.