richy

Green card with conditions

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi, I have a question about the green card, I married my wife last year December 2010

And she received her green card in June 2011, and I found out that she was writing men

On the internet and had dating sites. And may been cheating on me, I can’t prove that I only have the letters of proof,, well we had a big fight and she left one day I came home from work and she was gone. I do not know where she is living. That was in November I wanted to work everything out well she came back three weeks later , then left two days later. My question what are her Chances of getting the next green card, we have no property nothing with our names on them together no joint bank account, no anything, no abuse , the only thing she has Is the Tax returns for 2010, she stole that,, And this year I can file returns with her and her daughter as my depends ,last year I could not file for my step-daughter Year, 2010.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

There are two main delineations on filing a Removal of Conditions Case, pursuing a 10 year card, for her, at this point:

1. The two of you file together, as you're still married and the marriage is a continuing marriage or

2. She files for ROC after the divorce is finalized, prior to the 2 year window.

With this pattern that you've mentioned, though - I say file for divorce now or nowish then it's on her to file the ROC case.

Be warned though - many women think to file a VAWA case, and 'there's a playbook for that' - so make sure, certain, you are never in her presence without a witness , someone that is 'on your side' on all matters.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Second, that... Do not be alone with her. You can get a tax copy from your account or the IRS. File for divorce, protect your self, you do not want to be accused of abuse. You can advise USCSIS of her fraudulent means of obtaining a green card, but don't think it will do much good. Sorry to hear this.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Where is the step-daughter?

Cheating doesn't mean immigration fraud, just means she's a bad person. Unless you have proof that she married you for the GC there's nothing you can do. You're still on the hook for the I-864.

File for divorce and she needs to ROC on her own. She doesn't need you.

I suggest you speak to the police in your area or a lawyer to find out the rules on changing the locks on your house (you can't just lock her out). I also suggest you cancel any cards she has to your accounts. If you have a joint account you need to look at the wording to determine whether you can have her removed or if you need to just make a new account. I believe the wording of an account also determines how much money from a joint account (if any) you can take out... but speak to a lawyer to be sure.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Okay , I need to try my question again,, I have a wife, we got married in December 2010, and she got her green card with conditions, in June 2011, and in November 2011, she left me, and we have no financial accounts together, no will no documents of any kind with both our names on them, the taxes forms from last year is all she has,when she left she took those tax return forms. The question I have is what will be her chances of getting the next green card, the permanent green card.. if we do get divorce, it is true I do not want a divorce and want to work everything out with her,, I ask my question just in case we do get a divorce. I feel her friends are giving her the wrong advise.

Okay , I need to try my question again,, I have a wife, we got married in December 2010, and she got her green card with conditions, in June 2011, and in November 2011, she left me, and we have no financial accounts together, no will no documents of any kind with both our names on them, the taxes forms from last year is all she has,when she left she took those tax return forms. The question I have is what will be her chances of getting the next green card, the permanent green card.. if we do get divorce, it is true I do not want a divorce and want to work everything out with her,, I ask my question just in case we do get a divorce. I feel her friends are giving her the wrong advise.

Richy, whih post in your previous post you didn't like or understand http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/344993-green-card/page__p__5080199#entry5080199 ; maybe we can elobrate from there because those statements ae all true.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Two topics merged and moved to ROC forum as OP's wife already did AOS. Please do not start more than one topic on an issue- instead post updates or follow-on questions as replies to your original topic ***

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

richy - she can file the ROC case on her own, after a divorce, without you, without VAWA.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Darnell, Bigdog and Vannesa are giving you good advice, we understood your question, you want to know the level of success that your wife can have filing for ROC if you divorce her and she files by herself.

People have many ways to ensure to remove conditions in the GC and to have success, and one of them is filing for VAWA. By fact I know personally of a case where the husband accused the wife (petitioner) to bit him, showed faked photos and one day the police just showed up at the couple’s residence and put the wife in jail. So in this way he could file for VAWA , have a successful ROC and of course getting rid of the wife. This is just an example of ways to make sure a person will get the permanent GC.

And watch more if you said that her friends are giving her bad advice. Hope this helps.

Darnell, Bigdog and Vannesa are giving you good advice.

as per the usual!

to the OP: because your estranged wife is entitled to apply to remove conditions on here own after a divorce, she doesnt 'need you' to be part of the process. its hard to tell you what her chances are. id say they are reasonably good as long as there is no immigration fraud involved.

she sounds like shes not been very nice to you. im sorry for that. keep the door open if you feel like there is hope, but you need to take care of yourself. try not to make the green card part of the equation for your choices.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.