Obc333

Need help on lease info

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband and I have never really lived together. We both traveled back and forth, when I'm in the US we would stay at his Moms apartment and when he visits in Jamaica he would stay at my home. I own a house but we never put his name on the deed since we plan on selling it once I'm approved to move to the US. We do have a car in both our names but we were wondering if it's possible to get a lease in both our names seeing I don't have a social security number?

We do have strong proof of a bonafide marriage and the relationship before the marriage, but we don't want to leave any stones unturned. We have been dating since 2008 and we have every receipt of gifts we bought each other. Pictures of every function we ever went to. Pictures with family and friends. Phone records, emails. Affidavits from both our Pastors plus we have a child who is 2yrs old but not relying on that alone. Fact is we love each other and don't care if I'm approved or not since he is willing to move to Jamaica with me.

Is it possible to get a lease in both names?

About to go to the airport now...

I'll be home for Christmas...lol

AOS APPROVED MAY 19, 2012

GREENCARD RECEIVED MAY 31, 2012

TIMELINE UPDATED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I dont know how it works there to add the name under lease agreement, but I think, it is not that necessary for your case.

You already seem to have stronger case, so everything would be fine. :)

May God bless you both! :) Happy Holidays! :)

Edited by iwaiting

XrVRp5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I dont know how it works there to add the name under lease agreement, but I think, it is not that necessary for your case.

You already seem to have stronger case, so everything would be fine. :)

May God bless you both! :) Happy Holidays! :)

Thank you... Happy holidays to you too

AOS APPROVED MAY 19, 2012

GREENCARD RECEIVED MAY 31, 2012

TIMELINE UPDATED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

lease on residential property? aboslutely ! it's up to the landowner, though, each and every time. usually ONE person have a SSN, that's sufficient.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband and I have never really lived together. We both traveled back and forth, when I'm in the US we would stay at his Moms apartment and when he visits in Jamaica he would stay at my home. I own a house but we never put his name on the deed since we plan on selling it once I'm approved to move to the US. We do have a car in both our names but we were wondering if it's possible to get a lease in both our names seeing I don't have a social security number?

We do have strong proof of a bonafide marriage and the relationship before the marriage, but we don't want to leave any stones unturned. We have been dating since 2008 and we have every receipt of gifts we bought each other. Pictures of every function we ever went to. Pictures with family and friends. Phone records, emails. Affidavits from both our Pastors plus we have a child who is 2yrs old but not relying on that alone. Fact is we love each other and don't care if I'm approved or not since he is willing to move to Jamaica with me.

Is it possible to get a lease in both names?

About to go to the airport now...

I'll be home for Christmas...lol

A Lease is a Binding Contract between a Owner/Leasor and Leasee. No SSN. You are not obligated to the Landlord in case of default, therefore most big companies will reject the application but accept your husbands/wife if approved. Its not a big deal. The one with the SSN is the Contract signer and just and your name as a tenant/occupant until later. You will be fine. As Darnell said. It depends how strick the Owner is. But if its a Lease with a Contract. That SSN is required.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.