seaguliable

Older American WOmen

177 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

So what happens with an older couple?

In Cambodia, they simply would not be allowed to marry if the USC is over 50 or has an income less than $2,500. It's the law. Wrong, silly and whatever, but nevertheless, the law.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I think its a shame that Nigeria always gets the shaft. Yes, fraud happens there, but it happens from other countries as well. I married men within 2 years of my age, twice, and neither of them worked out. Who you love is who you love. Old men can be just as abusive as young ones. Labeling anyone is just plain IGNORANT! My best wishes to everyone on your journey. BTW, my fiance is Nigerian and living in Senegal. He barely gets by and is not committing fraud on anyone. I know because I have seen the conditions where he lives.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How nice to know in That in a American embassy The pratice of the C.O. is to keep alive sex and age Discrimination towards american women ...gezz its so nice to know thats where my tax dollar goes.Any other reason I could have swallowed but as a proffesional woman I find it disgusting that its still practiced.AND well heck what if I was barren at 20? hmmm

well you know WOMEN if your AMERICAN and over 30 (except if your unable to bare children )you better get a laywer to do your K3 .But if your a man ..hey no worries the AMERICAN goverment doesnt view as a problem.

Thank -you for all your nice replies and excuse the anger as you notice not one mention was made regarding lack of proof

seawash

I commented on your hm page because I'm in total understanding about age and childbearing. So I spoke to my husband younger than me about the roll of a wife in an African Family. My husband said this and reminded me of my own. African families thrive on expanding the family meaning that having children is important to the Traditional African Family.. Be it Nigeria or Ghana. The good news is that most of the younger generation will love a woman regardless of being able to have a baby. NOW UNDERSTAND THIS... His family expect children and will probably pressure him. What the CO is looking at the TRADITIONAL AFRICAN FAMILY NOT THE WAY AMERICAN FAMILIES ARE. Traditional African families don't divorce, the women have their places and men play thier rolls. Has his family accepted that you are not going to bring children into the family to pass on the name? The Co also is looking at the fact that so in so many countries and in so many cases men do capitalize on older/ younger women (NOT JUST WHITE WOMEN... BLACK,HISPANIC....ALL WOMEN) our emotions to make way into the United States. Please, I am not saying this is your very own case because I believe that love has no boundaries. I know that you love your husband and that you know best about your relationship I'm saying Get your case together and present it better and stronger. My questions is what exactly was he asked in that interview????? How did he respond???? I'm sorry this happened.

The World is Yours to Experience....Venture out into it and find Love!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I commented on your hm page because I'm in total understanding about age and childbearing. So I spoke to my husband younger than me about the roll of a wife in an African Family. My husband said this and reminded me of my own. African families thrive on expanding the family meaning that having children is important to the Traditional African Family.. Be it Nigeria or Ghana. The good news is that most of the younger generation will love a woman regardless of being able to have a baby. NOW UNDERSTAND THIS... His family expect children and will probably pressure him. What the CO is looking at the TRADITIONAL AFRICAN FAMILY NOT THE WAY AMERICAN FAMILIES ARE. Traditional African families don't divorce, the women have their places and men play thier rolls. Has his family accepted that you are not going to bring children into the family to pass on the name? The Co also is looking at the fact that so in so many countries and in so many cases men do capitalize on older/ younger women (NOT JUST WHITE WOMEN... BLACK,HISPANIC....ALL WOMEN) our emotions to make way into the United States. Please, I am not saying this is your very own case because I believe that love has no boundaries. I know that you love your husband and that you know best about your relationship I'm saying Get your case together and present it better and stronger. My questions is what exactly was he asked in that interview????? How did he respond???? I'm sorry this happened.

I think that we all could help her better if she answers your questions. If she'd give us a bullet point summary of what transpired at the interview, we could shed a light on the issues so she can overcome them the next round.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

tHERE WAS NEVER ANY MENTION MADE OF LACK OF PROOF EVERYTHING ASKED FOR WAS OFFERED ,WHAT WAS SAID WAS BECAUSE I WAS A OLDER WOMAN IT WAS A FRAUD MARRIAGE.

This is a common thing in Africa. I am sorry this happened to you.

Good luck with the next steps.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I understand this is discrimination but this is something you and your husband should have been prepared for as this is what happens all the time. And many fraud marriages got approved and the US spouse never sees it coming, they always go into it in love. Everyone always says that will never happen to me but honestly it happens more times then we know, and I'm not saying your marriage is fraud, you obviously love him very much to get this upset, but your husbands response to those questions is what put you in this position. Proof is on paper and anyone can smile for a picture and put a happy front forward. It's your husbands answers and reaction to each question that will go above and beyond the paper proof. And now its all just his word against the embassies word. This is nothing against you the US citizen, this is against your husband who is going outside his culture for what they want to prove is love not just the US.

I will add that am the husband αи∂ I must add if they really go after what is goingg on here culture, religion αи∂ government here don't care about people. One I will say I can choose to marry anybody I choose too my parent αи∂ friend can never choose for me. Αи∂ another thing I will say is that the way I see cultural leaders do here get me to think is there really what we call culture? I am a ghanaian I live most of my life here in nigeria αи∂ I can count how many of my family members really care apart from my mum αи∂ my sister. Religious learder most especially christians run churches like biz centers or biz organization I remember while I was growing up when I finished secondary school the church io was attending then got their own university around then αи∂ cos my mum could not afford it I could not go to that school αи∂ it took me about 5 yes before I can get to go to the higher institution does our religion care about us that way??? Am not judging anybody pls don't get me wrong the government is no go area talk less of people that live in the countries(ghana & nigeria) hello I can choose to marry anybody #### kids or anything as long as am happy with who ever I choose to marry. Αи∂ what make the CO think if I was your my wife's age or my wife was my age I won't leave her or she can't leave me they are wrong the CO made me feel like #### was laughing me like look at this boy but what I know if this is meant to be I never feel this great way about a woman in my life I trust her so much αи∂ she has showed me so much love. I have never been myself since that day...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You married your Spouse, the US Government has no say in that.

You can be together, the US Government can not stop that and would not want to if it could.

And women in their 50's do have children.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

There has been many cases I know of myself personally that married younger men, some women as much as 22 years older, and their husbands were issued visa, and at U.S. Embassy Cairo which is a hard embassy due to fraud. Age is not always a BIG red flad, mainly the evidence submitted, which the embassy looks at so much, emails, chats, pics with spouse and their family, communication with family, shared finances, it all makes a big difference of a approval or a denial at the interview........ if possile, request a new interview, and BE THERE at the interview..........

All the best

Beth

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

How nice to know in That in a American embassy The pratice of the C.O. is to keep alive sex and age Discrimination towards american women ...gezz its so nice to know thats where my tax dollar goes.Any other reason I could have swallowed but as a proffesional woman I find it disgusting that its still practiced.AND well heck what if I was barren at 20? hmmm

well you know WOMEN if your AMERICAN and over 30 (except if your unable to bare children )you better get a laywer to do your K3 .But if your a man ..hey no worries the AMERICAN goverment doesnt view as a problem.

Thank -you for all your nice replies

seawash

It's not as rampant as you think.

It is prevalent, though - in those countries where many cases of fraud were discovered.

I'm sorry, but given YOUR exact situation and the country - you pegegd 'the meter' for a fraudulent case. Anything to overcome that initial opinion, IMO, should have been presented with the I-130 and the I-129F. Ya got one shot at it, and I have to assume you missed something in the packet.

So, for now, the casefile is being sent back.

At some point, you'll get a letter from USCIS stating that they have it. You may or may not be allowed to provide a rebuttal packet to the Notice of Intent to Deny letter from USCIS - it will all depend on the the casefile reviewer that is assigned the casefile back at USCIS.

I can understand your POV, but it doesn't matter to a USConsul in the Immigration Visa Unit, at all.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

hello Seawash,

I think you should update Country of non-US Family Member to reflect Ghana & not Nigeria. Wishing you guys all the best...

interview occured in nigeria even though he is from ghana

Really, are you just supposed to quit falling in love after 50? This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Timeline

Weirdo,why was the interview done in Lagos,when there is a US embassy in Ghana.

U shld query that or has he been living in Nigeria for most part of his life

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.