seaguliable

Older American WOmen

177 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Excellent. Is this an article?

Yes, here is the complete article! The article is long so I am just posting the link. Immigration Fraud

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes, here is the complete article! The article is long so I am just posting the link. Immigration Fraud

This is actually a thesis/ essay with tremendous amount of information. Very well written! Thanks for sharing.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hang in there :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guy ,get a clue sperm gets bad after age 45

Sperm does NOT "get bad". That is hilarious that you think that. Sperm is constantly being made. Women are born with their egg count and that's all the eggs they have. I suggest you read up a bit before making sure a very very wrong statement.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Timeline

Actually you are wrong, about twice as many woman get scammed and they tend to lose a lot more then men. And how much of the wealth is inherited and how much is earned. Not sure where you are getting your numbers from only 6 other the top 50 wealthiest in the world are woman and they aren't the top ones. In the US it drops to 5 of the top 50. Beware of creative accounting by the bra burners of the 60's

*see additional postings

Your quotes are from a site called she-comomy , hardly an unbiased site.

Many woman have married younger men in Nigeria and gotten approved. The bigger the differece the harder it is , because it is very important to the Nigerian culture that a man produces a son. More so for the oldest son , who inherits the wealth and the headaches of his father. The issue is to confront the problems. Nigeria also accounts for a huge portion of the DV lottery entries. To most of Nigeria coming to the US is the dream of their lives. They know the chances are small and there are a huge number that think nothing of a marriage to someone as old as their mother if it means getting that coveted green card. The embassy is trying to stop women from being used. If you didn't get it right this time around take a deep breath and do better next time. Having to file twice isn't that uncommon for Lagos

ty for the info "because it is very important to the Nigerian culture that a man produces a son" I think in most cultures this norm though but I imagine there more so

I understand this is discrimination but this is something you and your husband should have been prepared for as this is what happens all the time. And many fraud marriages got approved and the US spouse never sees it coming, they always go into it in love. Everyone always says that will never happen to me but honestly it happens more times then we know, and I'm not saying your marriage is fraud, you obviously love him very much to get this upset, but your husbands response to those questions is what put you in this position. Proof is on paper and anyone can smile for a picture and put a happy front forward. It's your husbands answers and reaction to each question that will go above and beyond the paper proof. And now its all just his word against the embassies word. This is nothing against you the US citizen, this is against your husband who is going outside his culture for what they want to prove is love not just the US.

" you obviously love him very much to get this upset" Thank You so much for see this :)

I am sorry for your situation concerning your husband. I guess the question I have is how you guys meet and the lenght of the relationship before marrying him. I am not trying to be bias but from you said in the posting. It raises my red flags to the interviewer. I don't know if you know the big thing going on is the Nigerian scams. You hear people getting used for money or a free ride to America. I know this first hand because was scammed! It is obivious you met husband face to face, but I would still ask the same questions if the relationship is real? My suggestion is to re-file and get all the evidence leading up to the engagement and marriage. I would get proof of your husband lively hood. Show what is does for a living. These are just a suggestion. Good luck!

no i did not know as much about nigerian fraud ,I looked at ghana more as i figured interview would be where we married and he is from in ghana

YOU dont get a grade at all in the interview. Your husband does. He got an F for marrying outside of cultural norms and being unable to adequately convince the officer that it was his love and devotion to you rather than his immigration path (benefit) that made him step outside of those cultural norms. He has to overcome that and it has nothing to do with your age LOL.

It might be good to ask yourself why? Sure YOU can prove your legitimate intentions but he failed to. He has to and your intentions don't count.

Might be better to be mad at him. IO's just doing a job

interesting insight ,I am not sure if it was lack of knowledge from both of us on the process or his presentation.

Heartbreak Hotel — Americans Duped into Marriages

Classic marriage fraud cases involve two people conspiring to bring an immigrant to the United States based on a phony marriage, but for every case where there are two conspirators there is at least one where the American believes the marriage is based on mutual affection and love while the foreigner only wants to obtain a green card. Consular officers, particularly in developing countries where residents are desperate to "get out of Dodge," frequently interview cross-cultural couples who appear to be grossly mismatched, but cannot deny the petitions of Americans who do not know that they are being used for a visa, which makes this type of one-sided marriage fraud nearly impossible to stop.

Middle-aged American men are the most common victims, though younger people and women fall victim as well. One American woman who fell victim to a sham marriage — Elena Maria Lopez — founded the website http://www.immigrationfraud.com/ in order to help other Americans in the same situation and many other American victims have webpages and blogs warning Americans about marriage fraud.9

The clichéd case involves Americans who for whatever reason —recently divorced, mid-life crisis, etc. — move to or travel to a developing country and soon find that they are able to date members of the opposite sex who wouldn't give them the time of day in the United States. Americans with no previous travel experience who are sent overseas as contractors, soldiers, and laborers are particularly susceptible to being duped into marriage. When Americans overseas feel desirable, perhaps for the first time in their entire lives, many fail to see that poverty and desperation is what makes them popular.

Sometimes consular officers interview wide-eyed, love-stricken Americans who have no idea that the person they have just married or are about to marry has a track record of visa denials, fraud, or immigration violations and consular officers often have to decide how much information to divulge to the American about their spouses' immigration track records.

Middle-aged American men are the most common victims ...this is pretty much what i figured ,but i know of all the cases of woman as well as i have researched some prior to going over to africa.Very informative info

no i did not know as much about nigerian fraud ,I looked at ghana more as i figured interview would be where we married and he is from in ghana

Seawash --I guess you and yr husband need to do your homework . Maybe thats why yr husband got an F . Your husband needs to show proof beyond reasonable doubt that the relationship is not fraudulent . The onus is on him to show proof . Nothing (comments ) is being directed at you (Being an older woman , over 50 yrs etc)as you claimed .Nigeria and Ghana are high fraud countries . NIGERIA is famous for SCAMS . Let the buyer beware . You can elect to live in Nigeria /Ghana and resolve the problem . Besides when and if he comes to the Usa --be prepared to hear the comments that you said that the CO allegedly made.

Just an observation --I know of many older women that was preyed upon and used to attain legal staus . I wish you well . Keep us posted .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

I see that I opened a Big can of worms that need to viewed with" the older female " denials.I want to thank everyone for their input ..even if I disagreed with it .I guess I wasn't prepared for the cultural aspect of the interview and focused on the proof packet that should consistent daily chats and contacts about my life here and his life there.We have had a roller coaster ride through 2 years since 2009.After I married I waited ..to be sure and filed each step slowly to ensure this was right thing for us both.After reading everyone input I guess I have proven beyond a doubt I want this relationship and I did not fail at that.So we will try for a second chance.I now know that it is best to have a lawyer to review and advise as apparently age is a huge thing in acceptance ...so for all those out there waiting if I could redo it ,I would get a lawyer to review everything about the interview and packet.

Live and Learn

seawash

Edited by seawash

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I see that I opened a Big can of worms that need to viewed with" the older female " denials.I want to thank everyone for their input ..even if I disagreed with it .I guess I wasn't prepared for the cultural aspect of the interview and focused on the proof packet that should consistent daily chats and contacts about my life here and his life there.We have had a roller coaster ride through 2 years since 2009.After I married I waited ..to be sure and filed each step slowly to ensure this was right thing for us both.After reading everyone input I guess I have proven beyond a doubt I want this relationship and I did not fail at that.So we will try for a second chance.I now know that it is best to have a lawyer to review and advise as apparently age is a huge thing in acceptance ...so for all those out there waiting if I could redo it ,I would get a lawyer to review everything about the interview and packet.

Live and Learn

seawash

if you are given the opportunity to give information to prove the marriage is bonafide that is what you should do. You have alot of the things that you could get to prove the relationship. I have copies of all my flights that I have made when I visited him total of 5. I have copied all the pages in my passport to prove I was there. I have phone logs dating over a year. Numerous pictures of our wedding with his and my family present. Pictures of friends and family while I stayed with him for almost 2 months. Pictures of us at 2 different resorts while I was there. I have verification that he's named on my auto insurance and credit card. I have several letters from family of his and mine to verify they have knowledge and have spent time with us. I have western union receipts where we both sent money to one another. I also had 2 of my family members wire me money while I was in Jamaica that was sent in his name. I have letters from both my daughters blessing our marriage. This is just some of the things you can work on getting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Correct. See... http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/getting_married_in_cambodia.html

New Marriage Requirements

According to new marriage requirements issued on by the Government of Cambodia on March 7, 2011, male U.S. citizens wishing to marry Cambodian women must:

• Be under 50 years of age, and
  • Have a monthly income of at least US $2,500

So what happens with an older couple?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.