F & J

I-751 January 2012 Filers

1,523 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi, we are in SoCal now, but will have to move probably within 2 weeks cos i got a job offer from NorCal. I have not heard anything from CSC after biometrics.

just wondering if it will take longer time than usual after I change my address? has anyone changed your address during the ROC process?

Thanks...

01/13/2012 - I-751 application package mailed to CSC via USPS

01/14/2012 - Package delivered

01/19/2012 - $590 check cleared

01/20/2012 - NOA received, receipt dated 01/17/2012

01/24/2012 - Biometric appointment notice received - 2/10

02/10/2012 - Biometrics taken

07/05/2012 - Green Card arrived in mail! (No approval letter received prior to the card, no interview)

Done with USCIS until... well, next year, for N-400 :)

12/19/2012 - N-400 application mailed to Phoenix

12/21/2012 - Package delivered

12/31/2012 - NOA received

01/09/2013 - Biometric appointment notice received

01/17/2013 - Biometrics taken

02/19/2013 - Interview request letter received - interview scheduled on 03/21/2013

65d5f66966.png

Hello everyone,

I filed my application on Jan 20, 2012. I didn't receive any correspondence, however my check was cashed and i received my biometric notice dated Jan 27, 2012.

I went for my biometrics Feb 10,2012 because the date i was given Feb 24,2012 was a date i was going out of town.

I haven't received anything since then and i can't seem to remember my password for the USCIS website. I tried to change my password and the website is not accepting the answer to the password hint.

I don't know my receipt number but when i put in my application number on USCIS website, all i get is initial review.

I'm confused. Is anyone having any troubles like this?It's been 5 months.....

Any help is appreciated....

January 2003: Arrived in USA with F-1 visa

April 2003: Was introduced to hubby thru a friend

August 2004: Met him for the first time in NJ and the rest is history

March 2009: Got engaged

August 28, 2009: Got married to my loving boo

October 2009: Went for medical and vaccines, didn't know i had to have the HPV shot, so went to get it

December 1, 2009: Sent in AOS forms I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765, I-693 and I-863 to Chicago Lockbox.

December 12, 2009: package was sent back & rejected due to no signature on I-130

December 14, 2009: signed form I-130 and sent all forms back to Chicago Lockbox

December 16, 2009: delivered and signed @11:15am

December 22, 2009: Check cashed

December 24 or 26, 2009: All 4 NOAs received.. all dated Dec. 21st (didn't check my mailbox, was out of town)

December 28, 2009: Biometrics appt letter received for Jan 13th

December 31, 2009: Walk-in biometrics. Original appt - Jan 13, 2010

February 12, 2010: Card production ordered for both EAD and AP

February 15, 2010: I-131 Touched

February 18, 2010: I-765, I-485, I-130 Touched

February 20, 2010: EAD received in the mail...

March 2nd, 2010: Initial Interview...

March 2nd 2010: Green Card approved...Thank you Lord

January 20, 2012: Filed for Removal of Condition

January 27, 2012: Received Notice for Biometrics

February 10, 2012: Walk-in Biometrics, Feb 24, 2012: Original Biometrics

June 18, 2012: Rcvd NOA that Removal of Condition has been approved

10 Year Green Card Received... Thanks Everyone

God bless and Good Luck to us all....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I filed my application on Jan 20, 2012. I didn't receive any correspondence, however my check was cashed and i received my biometric notice dated Jan 27, 2012.

I went for my biometrics Feb 10,2012 because the date i was given Feb 24,2012 was a date i was going out of town.

I haven't received anything since then and i can't seem to remember my password for the USCIS website. I tried to change my password and the website is not accepting the answer to the password hint.

I don't know my receipt number but when i put in my application number on USCIS website, all i get is initial review.

I'm confused. Is anyone having any troubles like this?It's been 5 months.....

Any help is appreciated....

So from what I understand, you did not get the NOA from USCIS? The letter is pretty important, as it states that you status has been extended by one year. I believe that other members who did not get that letter scheduled an infopass appointment, and got the stamp in their passport instead.

As for not hearing anything since your biometrics, neither have I. I filed the same time as you and my status still says the date of my NOA. I'm not stressing about it. If you want to feel better, call USCIS. They are probably going to tell you that you case in under review and within processing times. From the looks of the immigration timeline on this site, they are processing August applications at VSC, and October applications at CSC. Just sit tight. For this leg of our journey, you life can continue as normal. Even if they don't get to your case by the time your window for naturalization comes around, you can still file for that, then they HAVE to get to your ROC.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Hi. I agree with AlexandAstrid. I would not be too worried if I have not heard from immigration since your biometrics. My status online (NOA Jan.13) still shows "initial review". This is even after I've done my biometrics AND after being interviewed (in March) and receiving a letter requesting for Additional Evidence (in April). I called uscis a week ago just to inquire if anything has changed and (not surprisingly), they said my application is still being processed and to expect a reply by June 13, exactly 5 months from them receiving my application on Jan. 13. So about your case, I would probably call them if I haven't heard anything by June 20. If it is any consolation, I would actually be feeling better if I was in your position knowing I haven't heard from them as June 20 is getting closer and closer coz that means you've already gone past the dates when they can ask you for an interview or to submit additional documents. Good luck to you:-)

Noa1 received on May 29 2012

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi. I agree with AlexandAstrid. I would not be too worried if I have not heard from immigration since your biometrics. My status online (NOA Jan.13) still shows "initial review". This is even after I've done my biometrics AND after being interviewed (in March) and receiving a letter requesting for Additional Evidence (in April). I called uscis a week ago just to inquire if anything has changed and (not surprisingly), they said my application is still being processed and to expect a reply by June 13, exactly 5 months from them receiving my application on Jan. 13. So about your case, I would probably call them if I haven't heard anything by June 20. If it is any consolation, I would actually be feeling better if I was in your position knowing I haven't heard from them as June 20 is getting closer and closer coz that means you've already gone past the dates when they can ask you for an interview or to submit additional documents. Good luck to you:-)

Hi Almondmilkteagirl-

Sorry to hear about your RFE. I hope you get your approval soon! I see that some of the December people are getting approvals, so hopefully all the January people will hear something soon too. Good luck!

event.png

Thanks guys,

I'm actually feeling better after reading your comments. I'm having my passport renewed once I renew it i will schedule an Infopass to get it stamped.

Also once June 20th goes by, I will give them a call...

Thanks again

January 2003: Arrived in USA with F-1 visa

April 2003: Was introduced to hubby thru a friend

August 2004: Met him for the first time in NJ and the rest is history

March 2009: Got engaged

August 28, 2009: Got married to my loving boo

October 2009: Went for medical and vaccines, didn't know i had to have the HPV shot, so went to get it

December 1, 2009: Sent in AOS forms I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765, I-693 and I-863 to Chicago Lockbox.

December 12, 2009: package was sent back & rejected due to no signature on I-130

December 14, 2009: signed form I-130 and sent all forms back to Chicago Lockbox

December 16, 2009: delivered and signed @11:15am

December 22, 2009: Check cashed

December 24 or 26, 2009: All 4 NOAs received.. all dated Dec. 21st (didn't check my mailbox, was out of town)

December 28, 2009: Biometrics appt letter received for Jan 13th

December 31, 2009: Walk-in biometrics. Original appt - Jan 13, 2010

February 12, 2010: Card production ordered for both EAD and AP

February 15, 2010: I-131 Touched

February 18, 2010: I-765, I-485, I-130 Touched

February 20, 2010: EAD received in the mail...

March 2nd, 2010: Initial Interview...

March 2nd 2010: Green Card approved...Thank you Lord

January 20, 2012: Filed for Removal of Condition

January 27, 2012: Received Notice for Biometrics

February 10, 2012: Walk-in Biometrics, Feb 24, 2012: Original Biometrics

June 18, 2012: Rcvd NOA that Removal of Condition has been approved

10 Year Green Card Received... Thanks Everyone

God bless and Good Luck to us all....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It is possible that your case was transferred to the local office for "faster processing." If you are worried that you may have missed an RFE or other communication, you can always call USCIS and ask for a tier 2 officer. They can check in the computer for you. However, if your case showed a touch but did not say anything in the comments section about sending you an RFE, I think you are safe. Usually people who never receive their RFEs (and didn't know one had been sent) are those whose online status stayed in initial review. I think you will be okay, but calling them might give you some more peace of mind. Good luck! :)

Thanks, Menina :thumbs:

The touch just said the date of 4/12/12 but nothing in the comment section of that day about an RFE although the main Case Status page's (when you don't log in) date hasn't changed since they received the packet back in January. Either way, I think we will call tonight.

Any shortcut's to get through to the Tier 2 Officer? I need to have my hubby there to chat with then, yes?

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, if your husband is the one applying for the green card renewal then he has to be there. As far as shortcuts I just listened to the spiel and then said that it had been 2 months since the interview with no updates. The guy was really nice and transferred me right away.

event.png

Timeline

So my husband called the USCIS, and asked if an RFE was sent. He didn't ask to speak to a Tier 2 Officer though, does that matter? Anyhow, whoever he spoke to said there was no RFE that was sent. He explained that we never got the NOA1 and that he had to get his passport stamped with the extention and he was concerned that we never got the RFE, if one was issued. The person he spoke with said no RFE was issued, but again would they know that or would he have to speak to a Tier 2 Officer to find out for sure?

Has anyone else had "touches" to their ROC case after the biometrics? I know it won't be until next month or the following that they even look start issuing most of the GC for January Filers but I guess I am starting to get antsy.

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline
Has anyone else had "touches" to their ROC case after the biometrics? I know it won't be until next month or the following that they even look start issuing most of the GC for January Filers but I guess I am starting to get antsy.

Mine hasn't been touched since the day they sent out my NOA1. Not worried though, I don't depend on that to update me. Half the time it isn't updated by USCIS anyway, lol.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline

Same for my husband, just as Alex and Astrid said... the date of our NOA1 was Feb 1st and we haven't had any updates after that. I try not to pay much attention to what the USICS website says (even though I check it like a mad woman every week). :lol:

pkyxguryrufud.png

Timeline

We never received our NOA1, although we did get the bio letter in the mail.

We had a "touch" on April 12 and I thought it was a RFE, but phone officer at USCIS told my husband that they didn't see we had a RFE. She told him that if there was a RFE that we'd get a notice in the mail to which my husband tried to explain that we never got the NOA1 and he was concerned that if we got a RFE we didn't get that either in the mail. Again, the Operator/Officer said they didn't see one. So now I am wondering, does a teir 2 officer have more information on our case then a regular USCIS phone officer/operator?

Just don't want to wait and find out later we had a RFE that was never addressed. Isn't there a time limit to respond on RFEs?

Guess we better call again, this time with me on the line, and ask for a Teir 2 officer since I'll drive myself crazy otherwise. :girlwerewolf2xn:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.