Bad_Daddy

Is being 'hard headed' a RUB chick trait ?

152 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

As I posted earlier, my wife has serious issues with taking responsibility for anything negative. She is smart as hell though, and great with money issues (mostly). I find that simply taking a leadership role with most issues relating to "man jobs", making a decision, then dealing with any reaction with a sense of humor works for us. She mostly has strong opinions about what is a mans job. A woman's job is what she wants it to be right now :lol: When we agree it is her area, I generally stay out of it. She asks what I want for dinner, makes decisions, and I eat whatever she cooks (mostly). She says the car has a funny noise, I take it, get it fixed, oil change, whatever, and bring it back. I wish it all worked that way.

For example, when we paint the house or get plumbing fixed or upgraded, we discuss the color, etc., and she picks it. Then I get it done by hiring somebody bonded, who specializes in that work. Sounds simple, right? Until her girlfriend at the Russian Store goes through her rolodex of this-russian-guy-I-know who is a paralegal, but also installs carpet, and would paint the whole house for 50%. I absolutely won't hire the guy her friend knows, and we have a lively discussion about why. She generally says "OK, you are the man" (or if she is still upset, "my husband's word is law for me"). I don't react to the snarkiness and hire the bonded contractor. That's it. She is always OK after the work is done on time for the price set. She totally tunes in to the fact that the amature has a much higher probability of blowing the job somehow, and will certainly share what he sees and hears in the Russian Community.

We just go down to the hiring center, and pick up one or several Mexicans there, show them the materials we bought from Home Depot, and stand back. We got the new deck built, with two coats of sealer applied, painted the whole house, trimmed all the trees and cleared the back half acre all for two hundred bucks and a case of Budweiser. They even built a kickass mud kitchen for the wife.

Edited by ☼

My wife often complains about a "man job" that needs done.

I remind her this is America and the trash is not going to take itself out.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yesterday I got a surprise when I got home from work. It was 60 degrees here so she decided to scrape the paint off of the garage. After dinner we went to Lowes and bought the paint and one of those multi-position super ladders. Today she will paint the garage. Amazing...I am a lucky man it seems... :whistle:

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Yesterday I got a surprise when I got home from work. It was 60 degrees here so she decided to scrape the paint off of the garage. After dinner we went to Lowes and bought the paint and one of those multi-position super ladders. Today she will paint the garage. Amazing...I am a lucky man it seems... :whistle:

Indeed :lol: No way Vika is going to do that sort of dirty "man job".

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Indeed :lol: No way Vika is going to do that sort of dirty "man job".

I think it is because she is a little bored. She has taken all of the English classes she can here. She was director of personnel at a factory in Ukraine. She is not used to having so much free time. Plus she has discovered she has a real talent for painting and decorating. :star:

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Timeline

I think it is because she is a little bored. She has taken all of the English classes she can here. She was director of personnel at a factory in Ukraine. She is not used to having so much free time. Plus she has discovered she has a real talent for painting and decorating. :star:

No effin' way Alla is painting. Her hand does not fit a paintbrush.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My very first Russian girlfriend was living in Copenhagen (complete with Denmark passport) when we connected...so she actually visited me in the US on TWO occasions. Now there's a refreshing switch! I paid for the tickets but it was nice to not have to make that long-azz trip, so I happily paid.

Anyway, I happened to be finishing up my new kitchen remodeling that I did 90% of the work myself, including the final painting. Well, Margarita (yes, it's a Russian name) comes over and insists on helping me finish. After my protests, she asks me for an old t-shirt to wear. Off come the street clothes, on goes my t-shirt. Then she steps up on my step-stool and proceeds to paint. What a pleasant experience...getting my kitchen painted and watching her bend and stretch to reach all the ceiling area. Women wearing men's t-shirts has a nice effect, I think most men would agree. BTW, she had a great body...especially for a painter!

Timeline

My very first Russian girlfriend was living in Copenhagen (complete with Denmark passport) when we connected...so she actually visited me in the US on TWO occasions. Now there's a refreshing switch! I paid for the tickets but it was nice to not have to make that long-azz trip, so I happily paid.

Anyway, I happened to be finishing up my new kitchen remodeling that I did 90% of the work myself, including the final painting. Well, Margarita (yes, it's a Russian name) comes over and insists on helping me finish. After my protests, she asks me for an old t-shirt to wear. Off come the street clothes, on goes my t-shirt. Then she steps up on my step-stool and proceeds to paint. What a pleasant experience...getting my kitchen painted and watching her bend and stretch to reach all the ceiling area. Women wearing men's t-shirts has a nice effect, I think most men would agree. BTW, she had a great body...especially for a painter!

hell, Alla will cook in just heels and an apron but she won't paint. She would have a meltdown if it got on her fingers!

Perhaps I can find another reason for her to wear just a t-shirt and climb on stepladders. Hmmmm

Gary And Alla

Timeline

hell, Alla will cook in just heels and an apron but she won't paint. She would have a meltdown if it got on her fingers!

Perhaps I can find another reason for her to wear just a t-shirt and climb on stepladders. Hmmmm

Dusting a high shelf? Yeah, I'm only creative about "catching a glimpse!"

Edited by visaveteran1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My wife likes to paint, both on the wall and on an easel. When they're up on a ladder, it offers many more positional options!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Dusting a high shelf? Yeah, I'm only creative about "catching a glimpse!"

Hmmmm, dusting IS womens work. Climbing ladders cancels it outand wearing a T-shirt is pretty nekultura....nope, won't work. :(

Gary And Alla

Cleaning the floor with a wet towel and bucket of soapy water is nice.

Cleaning under the bed with the same wet towel.... priceless. "Reach for it. Reach for it..."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Cleaning the floor with a wet towel and bucket of soapy water is nice.

Cleaning under the bed with the same wet towel.... priceless. "Reach for it. Reach for it..."

Ah yes, that all-purpose towel or old t-shirt rag for cleaning...everything. I had a broom. mop, scrub brush, sponge, etc. but they were never employed... just old rags. That was the "keep it simple" idea to the extreme. Only plus for me...watching the various interesting positions required to use the rag. Squatting, bending, stretching, reaching.

Timeline

Ah yes, that all-purpose towel or old t-shirt rag for cleaning...everything. I had a broom. mop, scrub brush, sponge, etc. but they were never employed... just old rags. That was the "keep it simple" idea to the extreme. Only plus for me...watching the various interesting positions required to use the rag. Squatting, bending, stretching, reaching.

It becomes not so much a matter of what you use for cleaning, but what you use for birth control for cleaning.

Gary And Alla

It becomes not so much a matter of what you use for cleaning, but what you use for birth control for cleaning.

Pull and pray.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.